Practice Report: 12-16-2019

WildCard

Is EROD the most disappointing Sabre this year? Or the least productive?  He only has 2 assists in 18 games so far, which is atrocious considering he's been playing with Skinner.

I took a look at the stat sheet and was surprised to see Casey and Sheary both have the same point totals, the difference being Sheary gets in areas to sometimes create chances but can never finish.

I'd much rather see:

Skinner - Mojo - Asplund

Vesey - EROD - Sheary

or swap out Asplund for really anyone from the 3rd line.

The way it's set up now feels like you're killing both lines instead of having one competent line and a dud line.

What the hell do I know, though?

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Is EROD the most disappointing Sabre this year? Or the least productive?  He only has 2 assists in 18 games so far, which is atrocious considering he's been playing with Skinner.

I took a look at the stat sheet and was surprised to see Casey and Sheary both have the same point totals, the difference being Sheary gets in areas to sometimes create chances but can never finish.

I'd much rather see:

Skinner - Mojo - Asplund

Vesey - EROD - Sheary

or swap out Asplund for really anyone from the 3rd line.

The way it's set up now feels like you're killing both lines instead of having one competent line and a dud line.

What the hell do I know, though?

I'll just leave this up here. EROD isn't an NHL player, IMO.

20191211_002008.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Well now that the most disappointing Sabre has been sent down to Rochester, maybe Erod enters the conversation.

• Like (+1) 1

During the losing skid I was clamoring to see Skinner back with Jack but now that they're playing better I'm less inclined to call for this, however, if we're down a goal late I'd like to see Ralph deploy Eichel and Skinner as a reverse alamo, or whatever.

I remember saying that the Sabres would never be a competitive team as long as EROD was on the roster, I think I was reconsidering that position last year but am now back to that position. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, erickompositör72 said:

I'll just leave this up here. EROD isn't an NHL player, IMO.

20191211_002008.jpg

He's classic AAAA.  Now that we have some more depth at forward he's being used like he should be, and his numbers reflect that.  Not unlike Girgensons having promising numbers when he got 1C minutes and situations and then coming down to earth when he got the ice time and situations he should have been getting.

5 hours ago, shrader said:

Well now that the most disappointing Sabre has been sent down to Rochester, maybe Erod enters the conversation.

Rodrigues or Sheary.

Due to his versatility, would rather keep E-Rod around if 1 is kept past this season; but really don't see either back at this point.  (The only 2 guys besides Bogosian, Sobotka, and Hunwick that seem to be nearly locks to be gone next year.  (Don't even have Scandella in the near lock category but have him about 50-50.))

42 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Rodrigues or Sheary.

Due to his versatility, would rather keep E-Rod around if 1 is kept past this season; but really don't see either back at this point.  (The only 2 guys besides Bogosian, Sobotka, and Hunwick that seem to be nearly locks to be gone next year.  (Don't even have Scandella in the near lock category but have him about 50-50.))

I never expected Bogosian to play a single game this year. So I suppose he does qualify as a major disappointment up to this point. 

3 hours ago, Weave said:

He's classic AAAA.  Now that we have some more depth at forward he's being used like he should be, and his numbers reflect that.  Not unlike Girgensons having promising numbers when he got 1C minutes and situations and then coming down to earth when he got the ice time and situations he should have been getting.

Hey, he was an All Star once. If only we could get him back to that level of play again. -)

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Rodrigues or Sheary.

richard pryor comedian GIF

When I read these names I’m reminded of Brewster’s Millions, Monty Brewster.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.