RIP, Vladimir Tsyplakov

PASabreFan

A snippet from the article...

The federation said in a statement that when Tsyplakov turned 50 in April, “who could have imagined then that this successful, affable man, who always kept himself in good physical condition, would soon leave this world?”

I resemble that statement. I'm sure many of us here do also.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

I can relate here.

I lost a close friend back in my 30's who died of a massive heart attack.  The coroner basically told the family "he won the lottery of bad genetics".  Sometimes there is nothing you can do if you have a ticking time bomb inside of your DNA.  

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Way too young......

And you know you’re getting old when the guys you cheered on start passing.

I would have guessed he was younger.  I didn't realize he was already 30 when he came to the team.  I guess we tend to forget how different the road from Europe to the NHL was even just 25 or so years ago.

Well, that and I was mixing him up with Denis Tsygurov, who is also older than I expected... and also was a Russian involved in a Buffalo/LA trade.

9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I know this is morbid, but I think there should be a list of deceased Sabres. I haven't been able to find one. It's part of our history too.

Martin, Horton, Spencer, Cyr, Crozier, Montador, Tsyplakov, Dunn, Boland... ?

I wonder if the PA (no, not you) has some sort of directory.

24 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I know this is morbid, but I think there should be a list of deceased Sabres. I haven't been able to find one. It's part of our history too.

Man Monty just shouldn't be on that list. So sad. 

9 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Haven't seen a new one in several years, but the NHL Guide and Record Book listed all players that had retired from the NHL and also had an asterisk for those that were deceased.

Shouldn't be that difficult to cross reference the list of Sabres alumni and deceased NHLers.  And, not positive, but thought Larry Mickey and Al Smith also passed a quite few years ago.

RIP Vlad.  Always liked him.

8 hours ago, Taro T said:

Haven't seen a new one in several years, but the NHL Guide and Record Book listed all players that had retired from the NHL and also had an asterisk for those that were deceased.

Shouldn't be that difficult to cross reference the list of Sabres alumni and deceased NHLers.  And, not positive, but thought Larry Mickey and Al Smith also passed a quite few years ago.

RIP Vlad.  Always liked him.

Mickey was more then a few years ago. That had to be in the early 80’s.

Im not sure about Smith but I remember a story posted about his famous exit so that might have been because he passed away.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.