Would you trade with Toronto?

LGR4GM

Would you trade with Toronto? Defense for Forward help?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade with Toronto? Defense for Forward help?

• Yes
    • No

He’s (Kapanen) also proven a poor fit with a shot-first centre, which for the Leafs means he can’t excel alongside either Matthews or Tavares, who typically log 40 minutes a night.

Johansson isn't a shoot first center... that would also give them someone else for Skinner to work with. 

I guess my thoughts are that Toronto is going to get their D help from someone else, if not us.  
So if we think Kapanen (or other hypothetical player) is the best return, there’s no need to take less from someone else in an attempt to spurn Toronto. 
It’s like when Ottawa wouldn’t trade Hoffman to Florida. They took a much lesser package from San Jose, who promptly flipped him to Florida. 
I wouldn’t hurt my own team to hopefully hurt another team. 

All that said- if I have two deals on the table that I view pretty equally, I’d trade my asset out of division and hope they wind up with someone worse/cost more. 

2 hours ago, OhMyDahlin said:

Not if it means sending them Ristolainen so he kicks our @ss every time we play them.

Miller? Go for it, he's not very good at all.

That being said, I don't think Kapanen moves the needle for us.

I agree with the 1st two. The last one not so much. Sure i'd like someone better or a 2C, but Kap is a feisty enough RW who put up 20 goals last year & is on his way to doing that & more this year. IF he were on our team he'd be 5th in scoring, right behind Skinner. And he fills a position of need imo, since we're kinda thin at RW. I think he instantly improves our top 9 & is on a good contract til 2021. And he's a Finn & would fit in with the rest of our players from that region.

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Toronto could use a RHD and they have an abundance of good wingers. Would you trade with Toronto?

This sparked my thought process. A trade for Kapanen wouldn't be a terrible idea at all. 

I think the Sabres don’t have a problem on the wing, especially if Johansson is moved back there

a true 2C and I think they become a legit playoff team 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.