Casey Mittlestadt has been sent to Amerks

Brawndo

3 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

wayyyy to early to consider him a bust. He may never reach the 2C status that we all figured he would be but I still think he will figure it out to be a good NHL player at some point.

I would consider bringing him back up to play LW with Eichel, just to give him a confidence boost and see what he can do.

Maybe would have happened if he was torching the AHL? instead of flaming out so far.

You are out of your mind suggesting bringing him up next to Jack, that would be painful to watch. 
6 games in AHL, 2 assists and -4. This kid needs to sit in AHL for years. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

You are out of your mind suggesting bringing him up next to Jack, that would be painful to watch. 
6 games in AHL, 2 assists and -4. This kid needs to sit in AHL for years. 

Hopefully with a logo that doesn't look like this 

1200px-Rochester_Americans.svg.png

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Hopefully with a logo that doesn't look like this 

1200px-Rochester_Americans.svg.png

I’m at the brink of not renewing. It’s like bizarro world when you don’t want the riff raff from the big club tainting(hehe, I said taint) you’re minor club.

I spoke too soon. Or.....

He needs 2 more seasons or 160 nhl games which ever comes first before losing his exemption according of Capfriendly.com.  He has 114 NHL games.  Therefore even if recalled for the rest of this, he’d still be waiver exempt to start next year. 

The ELC contract year we burned with 6 games two years ago apparently does take away an exemption year. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Casey needs to stay in Rochester for the foreseeable future. He has been completely mismanaged up until now. 

If by mismanaged you mean he should have been in Rochester for the last 2 plus seasons I believe the same.

If he had been there and done well, which I assume he would have, we should be getting a look at him in a call up to the NHL in this current injury stretch for the first time.

That to me would have been proper management.

Edited by woods-racer
  • Like (+1) 2

On 1/2/2020 at 1:42 PM, inkman said:

So just like the Reinhart pick, they chose a woeful time to continue sucking. 

And thus is the most prevalent point in my book and my continued contention that luck plays such a big role in all this. The tank for Eichel should have happened a year later even if they were not guaranteed a shot at Matthews. I love Jack but his class was loaded. Toronto jumped ahead of Buffalo getting Marner and Matthews while Buffalo got Eichel and Nylander.

26 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

If by mismanaged you mean he should have been in Rochester for the last 2 plus seasons I believe the same.

If he had been there and done well, which I assume he would have, we should be getting a look at him in a call up to the NHL in this current injury stretch for the first time.

That to me would have been proper management.

He should have stayed in College. 

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

And thus is the most prevalent point in my book and my continued contention that luck plays such a big role in all this. The tank for Eichel should have happened a year later even if they were not guaranteed a shot at Matthews. I love Jack but his class was loaded. Toronto jumped ahead of Buffalo getting Marner and Matthews while Buffalo got Eichel and Nylander.

But would he have made 70k a year doing that and chasing his dream?

Personally I don't care either way. I assume the AHL better prepares a player for the NHL. 

Edited by woods-racer

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

The Sabres could have drafted Eichel, Boeser, Aho, and Sergachev. The only good news is that Nylander was turned into Jokiharju. 

14 minutes ago, Curt said:

I think they were talking about his AHL salary.  70k

Sure, but that ignores the fact that he has spent around a year and a half in the NHL, which more than likely was a part of his negotiation tactics.  He was not planning on $70k when he signed on the dotted line.  He also has a $92.5k signing bonus on each year of the deal, so $70k was never his absolute minimum, $162k was.

I believe that signing bonus gets paid no matter where plays.  Do you know, @Taro T?  Every ELC guy of significance has that same bonus, so there's at least some immediate incentive to sign that deal.

16 minutes ago, shrader said:

Sure, but that ignores the fact that he has spent around a year and a half in the NHL, which more than likely was a part of his negotiation tactics.  He was not planning on $70k when he signed on the dotted line.  He also has a $92.5k signing bonus on each year of the deal, so $70k was never his absolute minimum, $162k was.

I believe that signing bonus gets paid no matter where plays.  Do you know, @Taro T?  Every ELC guy of significance has that same bonus, so there's at least some immediate incentive to sign that deal.

For cases like his, where the signing bonus is paid with an NHL contract, he would get paid it regardless of where he plays.  For cap purposes, pretty sure it gets prorated throughout the season, just like his actual salary does, so while he's in Ra-cha-cha though it was already paid by the Sabres it doesn't count against the cap.  So, yes, even if he were to spend the entire year in the A he'd still have received that money.

(And that's why paying O'Reilly's bonus, which should have upped his value in trade actually bit the Sabres in the bippy when the owners refused to pay it.  Had they paid it, the team getting him would've only paid his actual salary (ottomh ~$1.5MM), but taken the full ~$9MM cap hit throughout the season.  And, obviously, his value would've been greater to a trading partner if they didn't have to have that much out of pocket cash.)

Would have to relook at the CBA to see how signing bonuses get treated when contracts "slide" a year when guys sign but then stay in juniors for a year or 2.  The CBA does address that situation (not applicable to Mittelstadt, but should be applicable to Cozens), just don't recall the details ottomh.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.