Casey Mittlestadt has been sent to Amerks

Brawndo

On 12/19/2019 at 7:42 PM, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Levante is there. Iron Hill is also. I like Levante better

I agree. Iron Hill's food is pretty good but their beer isn't elite.

On 12/19/2019 at 6:53 PM, Let's Go B-Lo said:

That's fine, I live 7 hours from the brewery and none of what they brew ends up here. I'm glad you like it. I didn't like it when I was a kid, I didn't like their new offering when I had the chance to try it. If I'm in Rochester again maybe I'll hit the Brew House.

I don't lack for breweries in my area. Victory is 10 minutes from my house, Troegs is 90 minutes, Yards is 60, Dogfish Head is 90, DuClaw is 90, Conshohocken, Neshaminy Valley, Two Stones, etc etc etc. I can get good beer all over the place so if that makes me snobby at this point, ok. I admit I'm spoiled.

Root Down in Phoenixville is fantastic, BTW, as is Bluebird Distilling.

Remaining off topic, we have some great breweries around here. 

Creature Comforts in Athens - I love their Reclaimed Rye, but Tropicalia is their biggest hit.

Reformation Brewery  in Woodstock - Known for their Belgian style brew.  I love Haddy, their Belgian Wheat, and their Stark, a toasted Porter.

In my town of Marietta there is Red Hare which can be found in stores.  I like their Long Day Lager as a good wing and pizza beer.  Also here but not in stores is Glover Park which is owned by a friend.  Their Boogie Down Brown Ale is great.

Gate City in Roswell makes a solid American Amber called Copperhead.  There is also Variant in Roswell.  I haven't been there yet, but they have a Barrell Aged Stout at 11.5% I want to try.

In Atlanta you have Scofflaw (IPAs) and the available everywhere Sweetwater (also IPAs).  Not my favorite, but they huge following.  I do drink Sweetwater 420 on occasion.

Atlanta Brewing (formerly Red Brick) is the oldest craft brewery here.  Their Homestead Pilsner is very good, but mostly they do IPAs also.  Blue Moon is also here and available elsewhere.  Their flagship in Blue Moon is a nice Belgian White.  I'm interested in trying their Iced Coffee Blond.  Also Monday Night Brewing has some really interesting Ales.  Their Scotch Ale, called Drafty Kilt is good and has a kick a 7.2%

I have 3 beers from Reformation in my fridge right now and some Creature Comforts Reclaimed Rye and I plan to pick up some Atlanta Brewing Homestead Pilsner today.  I also keep Molson Canadian, Negra Modelo and Innis and Gunn (their English Ale and Bourdon Aged) in my fridge all the time.  I also like their Bourdon Aged Porter.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

On 12/18/2019 at 10:27 PM, thewookie1 said:

Hmm, the irony of a beer conversation taking place on a 20 year old’s thread.

scratch that, he turned 21 near Thanksgiving this year

Not beer but have you tried this yet...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.delish.com/food-news/amp30285936/what-is-chewbacca-frappuccino-starbucks/

I don't do Starbucks but this looks tempting.

57 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

An update for those that may actually come in here for a Casey update.

Casey in his second game in Rochester got a good amount of ice time. He didn't  look good again.

We assumed he’d take some time to adjust, so we’re talking beer while that happens. Kid has a lot of bad habits to undue and confidence to regain incrementally.  

8 hours ago, bunomatic said:

He’ll improve in a fortnight?

And that is his problem... my 15 year old is such a pain with it we have to hide his xbox and then we watch him lose his mind... but it become so peaceful for a while.  He is so unmotivated when he spends too much time on it.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

And that is his problem... my 15 year old is such a pain with it we have to hide his xbox and then we watch him lose his mind... but it become so peaceful for a while.  He is so unmotivated when he spends too much time on it.

We saw him playing one time so now he is obviously a video game addict and that’s why he sucks at hockey.

Thats probably what is wrong with Sheary too.  And it’s why Girgs never developed into a better player.  And why Grigorenko couldn’t make it in the NHL.  They can’t stop playing xbox, just like your 15 year old.

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

This is why its important to buy an Internet router that allows you control over what devices can access the Internet and when.  No need to hide it if it simply cannot get on the Internet anyway.

I have time limits on the games too for my kids.  It's getting to the point now though that you can simply ask Alexa to block the Internet for the xbox.  ?

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LTS said:

This is why its important to buy an Internet router that allows you control over what devices can access the Internet and when.  No need to hide it if it simply cannot get on the Internet anyway.

I have time limits on the games too for my kids.  It's getting to the point now though that you can simply ask Alexa to block the Internet for the xbox.  ?

We did the same when our son was in grade school.  The router was set up to allow access from time A to time B.  Simple, hands off management.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

We saw him playing one time so now he is obviously a video game addict and that’s why he sucks at hockey.

Thats probably what is wrong with Sheary too.  And it’s why Girgs never developed into a better player.  And why Grigorenko couldn’t make it in the NHL.  They can’t stop playing xbox, just like your 15 year old.

One is two many thousand not enough... his effort showing addiction is a tough thing... what else could it be with all that skill.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Any suggestions on router?

https://deadspin.com/an-nhl-prospect-is-reportedly-ruining-his-career-over-a-1826124656

Not that I can tell..

Olli Juolevi's agent on video game addiction claim

Olli Juolevi's agent on video game addiction claim : hockey - Reddit

Edited by North Buffalo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.