Casey Mittlestadt has been sent to Amerks

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I had a Pilot Batch IPA about 2 years ago during a hockey tournament. I REALLY wanted to like it because I was planning to go down to the BrewHouse the next day in between games.  It was also the only thing at the hotel bar that wasn't obviously crap. I found it to be terrible. Truly awful. To the point that I scratched the trip to the BrewHouse and I was stuck drinking Miller Lite at the hotel bar for the rest of the weekend because the Miller Lite was $3 a glass cheaper and didn't have the weird quasi-metallic aftertaste that the Genny had.

You can disagree. Maybe I had a bad run.  Maybe they hadn't flushed the lines recently. Maybe you enjoy it. That's fine. To each their own but I think I'm done paying money for Genny anything.

I don't remember the IPAs off hand but I'm sure I would have noticed if I hated it.  I'd rank them as such:

Ruby Red Kolsh 

Imperial Hopped Cream Ale

Salted Caramel Chocolate Porter

12 Horse Ale

Cream Ale

Schwarzbier

Bock Beer

Genny Light

Dark Chocolate Scotch Ale

The rest I either don't care for or haven't tried 

6 hours ago, inkman said:

Gennesee has really turned around the brand. Unfortunately, some people still have these antiquated view. Their pilot batch series is phenomenal.  At the Amerks games, the only thing that makes sense are the Genny and Labatt pounders as everything else (minus the happy hour thing) is Major league priced. No ***** thank you. 

When I read "Genny tall boys," I am not thinking micros.  Maybe I'm wrong?

7 hours ago, Eleven said:

When I read "Genny tall boys," I am not thinking micros.  Maybe I'm wrong?

You are correct. The tall boys are Genny, Genny Light and maybe Genny Ice. Having been inside the brewery for work purposes, I can tell you all their products are made with superior quality despite being brewed in a 140 year old building (technically most of the process occurs in their new $40 million facility provided by their new parent company FIFCO)

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Ruby Red Kolsch is my summer beer of choice. 

The salted  chocolate caramel porter is big but delightful. 

I didn't care for their Oktoberfest. 

Genesee is putting out some nice "craft" beers at Scream Ale prices. Their winter Schwartzbier is quite enjoyable.

Shiner of Texas is doing similar work.

10 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

That puts it in prospective.  Not a Bud/Miller giant, not a micro craft brewer.  Somewhere in between.

That would be an olde fashioned brewers' brewer like used to be all over the place before the globalists took over. IOW, a region-limited brewer.

I wouldn't mind trying one of the craft Genesee beers if I A) went out and B) could find one on tap.

19 minutes ago, ... said:

That would be an olde fashioned brewers' brewer like used to be all over the place before the globalists took over. IOW, a region-limited brewer.

I wouldn't mind trying one of the craft Genesee beers if I A) went out and B) could find one on tap.

https://www.chron.com/life/food/article/How-Shiner-Cheer-became-one-of-Texas-most-13338831.php

If you can find Shiner Cheer give it a try. A dunkelweizen dark wheat beer brewed with peach and pecan.

16 hours ago, inkman said:

And also don't actually know how to toe a line 

To be fair, if video replay in sports has taught us anything, it's that we have no visual proof for where the toes actually are, if there are in fact any toes at all.  The ruling on the field stands, he's toeing the line.

• Haha (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I had a Pilot Batch IPA about 2 years ago during a hockey tournament. I REALLY wanted to like it because I was planning to go down to the BrewHouse the next day in between games.  It was also the only thing at the hotel bar that wasn't obviously crap. I found it to be terrible. Truly awful. To the point that I scratched the trip to the BrewHouse and I was stuck drinking Miller Lite at the hotel bar for the rest of the weekend because the Miller Lite was $3 a glass cheaper and didn't have the weird quasi-metallic aftertaste that the Genny had.

You can disagree. Maybe I had a bad run.  Maybe they hadn't flushed the lines recently. Maybe you enjoy it. That's fine. To each their own but I think I'm done paying money for Genny anything.

One beer from 2 years ago turned you off from an entire brewery? Seems pretty odd to me. Their strength is their German beers, anyway. I would honestly say your loss, as they release new beers that at are quite good every month. 

So glad I'm in the best beer country in the world, my only problem is deciding between the many awesome beers ?

https://www.hetanker.be/en/gouden-carolus-tripel

one of my favourites though, goes down so smooth.  9% though so be careful if you are not a good drinker.  

Edited by Huckleberry

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

So glad I'm in the best beer country in the world, my only problem is deciding between the many awesome beers ?

Amateur.  Why decide between two beers when you can just get both?

And yeah, if there are 17 different options, that's when your level of dedication is truly put to the test.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, shrader said:

Amateur.  Why decide between two beers when you can just get both?

And yeah, if there are 17 different options, that's when your level of dedication is truly put to the test.

Usually I keep it at a simple Stella Artois as beer for the night.  But when one guy in the group says he'll go for heavier abbey beers tonight, everyone usually does lol.

Edited by Huckleberry

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Usually I keep it at a simple Stella Artois as beer for the night.  But when one guy in the group says he'll go for heavier abbey beers tonight, everyone usually does lol.

Stella is my go to beer, I am not into the craft beers but I like more flavour than our standard stuff (Coors, Bud, Labatt, Canadian).

My backup beer is Alexander Keith’s IPA from Nova Scotia.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.