Casey Mittlestadt has been sent to Amerks

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

This talk of OMG can he afford to live in Rochester is absurd.  He made almost ONE MILLION DOLLARS the last two seasons, plus 30-whatever games for this season.  If he doesn't have enough money sitting the bank to live in Rochester for 10 years, I'm not gonna feel sorry for him.

Do you have any idea how expensive it is being a milennial these days?

Edited by Mustache of God

The happy hour they’ve always done in the Upper Atrium? Didn’t realize they did those for a $1 now. They were $2 and if you did the math you’re only saving like $.50/24 oz. It wasn’t worth it to stand in that line and then try to get four of those cups back to your seat. 

10 minutes ago, Ogre said:

The happy hour they’ve always done in the Upper Atrium? Didn’t realize they did those for a $1 now. They were $2 and if you did the math you’re only saving like $.50/24 oz. It wasn’t worth it to stand in that line and then try to get four of those cups back to your seat. 

Maybe it's $2? The line is crazy long sure. Idk just a fun excuse to get people to go

11 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Maybe it's $2? The line is crazy long sure. Idk just a fun excuse to get people to go

I’m sure tickets will sell well for a few games. When Tage came down last year there were definitely more ***** in the seats for a while. I can almost guarantee that I see at least one Mittelstadt sweater on Friday night.

Edited by Ogre
For crying out loud....butts in the seats

3 hours ago, woods-racer said:

Maybe because some guys need some extra teaching to learn it?

He doesn't know how to be strong on his stick and harder to knock over. He may learn that.

He's about to get a lot of one-on-one coaching. It's why the league exists. Their schedule has 7 day lapses between games almost every week. They practice almost every day during the week for hours. 

Maybe you are right but I’m skeptical. Over and over again when you hear old timers talk the stuff you learn in the AHL is Don Cherry type nonsense. Also, all you hear about the NHL is that it’s “the speed of the game” that separates it. Again, nothing that can be learned playing in h th he AHL. I watch goal highlights from AHL and it’s like watching old Sabre’s video. Half of those goals don’t go in in the NHL. Again, how does beating those goalies help?

Need more one on one coaching, expand the rosters in the NHL to 30, hire more staff. It would be more cost effective.

2 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Maybe you are right but I’m skeptical. Over and over again when you hear old timers talk the stuff you learn in the AHL is Don Cherry type nonsense. Also, all you hear about the NHL is that it’s “the speed of the game” that separates it. Again, nothing that can be learned playing in h th he AHL. I watch goal highlights from AHL and it’s like watching old Sabre’s video. Half of those goals don’t go in in the NHL. Again, how does beating those goalies help?

Need more one on one coaching, expand the rosters in the NHL to 30, hire more staff. It would be more cost effective.

That's the point.  Slow down the game a bit so he can learn moves, techniques, etc.  He tried to jump a step and a half and it was just too much of a gap for him.  Some players can do it, he couldn't.  Give him half a season at the halfway point between college and NHL and hopefully he can make the leap this time.

3 hours ago, Tondas said:

That'$$$$$ gonna hurt.

The way I look at it is he won the lottery.

No way he should have been on the big club making the big bucks. He won roughly 1.5 million. Now he will get what he should have been getting since Oct 2018.

Hard to be butt hurt for someone that won the lottery.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

Very much so. Rochester cost of living is pretty low

That actually makes me realize it's kinda nuts how I've never run into a Sabre/Amerk around Rochester. I'm out all the time at some of the bigger spots, figured some random luck would have hit by now

And yet you don't run into me either... funny how that works.  ?

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

This talk of OMG can he afford to live in Rochester is absurd.  He made almost ONE MILLION DOLLARS the last two seasons, plus 30-whatever games for this season.  If he doesn't have enough money sitting the bank to live in Rochester for 10 years, I'm not gonna feel sorry for him.

a million dollars GIF

It doesn’t matter what people have, they always want more. It’s basic human nature.

4 hours ago, Ogre said:

If they start to give it away for free then you make sure you let me know! I always have a 30 pack of Genny Ice hanging around. Love me some Cream Ale too!

Genny seasonals are the best bang for the buck out there. Their Schwarzbier for $9 a 12 pack is my favorite. 

The Genesee Brewhouse is packed every weekend of the year. 

13 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

Genny seasonals are the best bang for the buck out there. Their Schwarzbier for $9 a 12 pack is my favorite. 

The Genesee Brewhouse is packed every weekend of the year. 

I did all the railroad bridge repairs at Joseph, Clinton and St. Paul a few years back. We were in the Brewhouse a lot. I thought I’d take the wife before a hockey game a couple weeks ago but there was an hour and a half wait. The food is good, the beers even better but not for that kind of wait. You could barely even get in to do tastings.

11 hours ago, Ogre said:

I did all the railroad bridge repairs at Joseph, Clinton and St. Paul a few years back. We were in the Brewhouse a lot. I thought I’d take the wife before a hockey game a couple weeks ago but there was an hour and a half wait. The food is good, the beers even better but not for that kind of wait. You could barely even get in to do tastings.

Genesee literally had 8,000 people a week ago at the brewery for the keg tree lighting. I think some people have pretty outdated views of Genesee. 

• Like (+1) 3

23 hours ago, Eleven said:

People pay to drink Genny?

Gennesee has really turned around the brand. Unfortunately, some people still have these antiquated view. Their pilot batch series is phenomenal.  At the Amerks games, the only thing that makes sense are the Genny and Labatt pounders as everything else (minus the happy hour thing) is Major league priced. No ***** thank you. 

4 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I had a Pilot Batch IPA about 2 years ago during a hockey tournament. I REALLY wanted to like it because I was planning to go down to the BrewHouse the next day in between games.  It was also the only thing at the hotel bar that wasn't obviously crap. I found it to be terrible. Truly awful. To the point that I scratched the trip to the BrewHouse and I was stuck drinking Miller Lite at the hotel bar for the rest of the weekend because the Miller Lite was $3 a glass cheaper and didn't have the weird quasi-metallic aftertaste that the Genny had.

You can disagree. Maybe I had a bad run.  Maybe they hadn't flushed the lines recently. Maybe you enjoy it. That's fine. To each their own but I think I'm done paying money for Genny anything.

Can’t fix the water ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.