Casey Mittlestadt has been sent to Amerks

Brawndo

41 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

His college athletic department did an adjustment on his shoulder and he could do 5 pullups immediately. That was roughly 2 months after this picture was taken. Yes I know this is a joke but just wanted to toss that info back out there. 

So all these years it's been my shoulder!

Jeepers, some of you are happier than I would be if Terry sold the Sabres.

Kinda sad.

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

So all these years it's been my shoulder!

Jeepers, some of you are happier than I would be if Terry sold the Sabres.

Kinda sad.

I'm very happy for Casey.  He is where he should be and should become very happy and full of confidence in a matter of weeks. There can't be anything more frustrating than being a healthy scratch on a team in dire need of offense when that it your forte.

What is kinda sad is that it took this long. Which leads us to speculate as to why the monstrous white elephant was never dealt before this.

10 hours ago, tom webster said:

It’s all anecdote. There’s no proof that they got better because of their time in the AHL. They got better and they got older and bigger. That’s the only definite thing anyone can say.

Your whole theory makes no sense.  You are assuming that players get better by simply getting older.  That means that people can’t learn or improve through experience.  

20 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

I'm very happy for Casey.  He is where he should be and should become very happy and full of confidence in a matter of weeks. There can't be anything more frustrating than being a healthy scratch on a team in dire need of offense when that it your forte.

What is kinda sad is that it took this long. Which leads us to speculate as to why the monstrous white elephant was never dealt before this.

I can think of something more frustrating than being a healthy scratch... having a zero removed from your paycheck.  Hopefully that serves a motivational purpose, but I couldn't fault the kid if he's angry about it.  This is the kind of thing that can break a lot of people.  Hopefully he's got the right head on his shoulders to deal with it.  We will see.

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, shrader said:

I can think of something more frustrating than being a healthy scratch... having a zero removed from your paycheck.  Hopefully that serves a motivational purpose, but I couldn't fault the kid if he's angry about it.  This is the kind of thing that can break a lot of people.  Hopefully he's got the right head on his shoulders to deal with it.  We will see.

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure he’ll still be making the rookie max down in Rochester. 

1 hour ago, woods-racer said:

Would you be happy and full of confidence being demoted in your job when there are co-workers performing just as poorly as you?

Didn't think so.

5 minutes ago, OhMyDahlin said:

I believe this is going to either ruin Mittelstadt's career (if he stays), or this means we will never see him in a Sabres uniform again.

He will be traded this summer, if not sooner.

Based on what?

Thompson was sent down last year and proved himself and got recalled prior to his injury.   Nylander wasn’t a Jbot pick or acquisition.  Jbot traded Nylander to get a player he liked better in Jokiharju and so far he was correct.  That doesn’t mean Mitts does or doesn’t get traded.  

The only thing this demotion means right now is that Mitts needs to work on his game.  That is what the AHL is for.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I think he should be disappointed, then get over it, then say he's not disappointed. But that's just me. Hard to believe there wouldn't be disappointment.

I think he got the message when he was terrible in Van and became a healthy scratch.  I think he’d rather play a key role in Rochester then be in the press box in Buffalo for an extended period.  He obviously knew this was coming.

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I think he should be disappointed, then get over it, then say he's not disappointed. But that's just me. Hard to believe there wouldn't be disappointment.

As Harrington mentioned there was disappointment initially, but he realized this is for the best for him in the long run.

Considering the fact that Nylander, Baptiste and Bailey thought they were too good for the AHL, the entire time they were in Rochester I’ll take this as a positive. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.