Casey Mittlestadt has been sent to Amerks

Brawndo

I hope the AHL helps him develop into being close (key word) to what he was originally projected to be.. it just may take 3-4 more years.

Projection and Comparison

Mittelstadt has the potential to be a top line centre in the NHL. He has some areas to work on but he has the skillset to lead a team, if he develops properly. There are some questions, generally about the level of competition he has faced to this point in his career, and how his game will translate at the next level. In terms of a comparison, he plays a similar style to Tyler Seguin. This is a stylistic comparison only though, and not an indication of talent level.

Better than making him a healthy scratch.

If nobody from Ra-cha-cha gets called up to replace him in the press box, does this indicate they're settling in on running 7 D with Sheary and Rodrigues taking turns in the press box, are comfortable with planning to run 12-6 but will readily adjust the plan, should a forward get injured/ill during warm-ups, or is Thompson close to returning? 

Or, might the long awaited D -> F trade be imminent?  And if so, is it the 1 we want to see or of the Bogosian for GLchenyuk variety?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

Should've started the season there.... and then called him up about now for a look.

Hopefully he finds his way, plays +20min/gm and starts lighting it up at some point.

Hopefully he finds his way is exactly right.  He's trending bust otherwise.

Will be interesting to see if he lights up the A the way Thompson did.  He should do well at the AHL pace of play.

Good.

I wonder if RK had to convince JB on this, and if so, how long and how much arguing it took, and if, as some have speculated, JB promised Mitts he wouldn't have to go to Rochester and they therefore had to convince Mitts.

In any case, as I've said previously, I don't want to see him here again until he lights up the AHL for at least 25-30 games.  He's not close to being ready.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I believe this will help his game a great deal. Build up his confidence to boot. Maybe he can find chemistry with Tage or one of the up and coming wingers.

He absolutely has the talent to succeed as a pro. It’s up to him to be a successful AHLer or an NHLer. Hopefully he’ll get the support and experience to grab that success. It may take him several games in the AHL to get him going, but I’m confident he’ll get his mojo and do well. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Good.

I wonder if RK had to convince JB on this, and if so, how long and how much arguing it took, and if, as some have speculated, JB promised Mitts he wouldn't have to go to Rochester and they therefore had to convince Mitts.

In any case, as I've said previously, I don't want to see him here again until he lights up the AHL for at least 25-30 games.  He's not close to being ready.

So you have no problems not seeing him again till the end of February?

Possibly for the rest of the season if the Sabres are not in the playoff hunt ?

Because that's were I'm at.

Can't wait to see Monday's practice lines.

4 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

So you have no problems not seeing him again till the end of February?

Possibly for the rest of the season if the Sabres are not in the playoff hunt ?

Because that's were I'm at.

Can't wait to see Monday's practice lines.

If we see Mittelstadt in the NHL again this season, it probably doesn't bode well for where the Sabres are at. Nothing in his game leads me to believe 2 months in the AHL will make him ready to contribute at the NHL level. See ya next year, Mitts. 

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Good.

I wonder this too.   

It's as if RK is serving as both president of hockey ops and Head Coach.   

If so, I'll allow it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.