GDT: Sabres @ Islanders 12/14/19 1:00 PM EST

Wyldnwoody44

The Sabres look to continue their resurgence against the Isles today, can they do it?!?

Will Zach Bogosian throw a tantrum?

Will Eichel continue his streak?

Can this team pull it's head out of its own bottom and give us fans something to cling to?

All that and more coming up!

Spotty wifi here on the Isle of Skye, I was planning on doing Stats and such, but I'll have JSB or one of the better posters here do that ?

Let's go Sabres, and Cheers all!!! 

Edited by Wyldnwoody44
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, LTS said:

Done traveling for quite some time now.  IT will be good to sit down and watch a game.  Caught parts of the Preds game from the hotel.

Cmon LTS, let's go skating in Europe again! I'll meet ya there in 12 hours ⛸️?

But actually sunset here is early, 3pm or so UK time, so I may relax and try and stream it tonight, I've done a lot of walking so far, could use a little rest ?

Just now, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Cmon LTS, let's go skating in Europe again! I'll meet ya there in 12 hours ⛸️?

But actually sunset here is early, 3pm or so UK time, so I may relax and try and stream it tonight, I've done a lot of walking so far, could use a little rest ?

Hell yeah.. if i wasn't just in Detroit and Little Rock over the past week and half... 

Honestly, need to get there to experience some skating and some Christmas markets...

A little rest is always good..

image.png.1ac0ed01316e5a110adb40db7a3170f7.png   vs    image.png.d72a0d8c2c71d9729d092de77590df93.png

Your Buffalo Sabres visit the Islanders of NY this afternoon in a matchup that should further show the development of this team. The Islanders have become a very structured and strong defensive team under Coach Trotz but the Sabres are on a bit of a roll themselves with 3 straight victories over playoff teams and at the moment they are the hottest team in their division with a 5-2-3 record in their last 10 games and presently sit in 2nd place. The Sabres have 4 players in double figure goals so far this season and with the return of Dahlin, hopefully the Power Play will improve. With the bandwagon starting to fill up again and with the possibility of a  Bogosian trade, the bunker may finally also be on the extermination list. With a point this afternoon Jack Eichel will join Ric Martin and Tim Connolly for 4th on the all time Sabres consecutive game point streak at 16. With the past few games and the coach past few interviews concerning running the team the fan base seems to hot for this teacher. 

Courtesy of: https://sabresdigitalpressbox.com

TODAY’S GAME
SABRES at ISLANDERS

• This is the second of three meetings between the Sabres and Islanders this season.
  • Last meeting: New York defeated Buffalo 1-0 in Buffalo on Nov. 2
  • Next meeting: Thursday, March 26 in New York
  • The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Islanders; 4-5-1 on the road.
  • This is the 173rd game all-time between Buffalo and New York; Buffalo has an 82-66-24 series record.
  • The Sabres are 36-37-12 on the road against the Islanders all-time.

THIS DATE IN SABRES HISTORY

• The Sabres are 12-7-4 all-time on December 14.
  • December 14, 1982: Tony McKegney scores twice and adds an assist to lead the Sabres to a 5-3 win over the New York Islanders at Nassau Coliseum.
  • December 14, 2005: Martin Biron stopped 32 shots in a 4-3 win against the Dallas Stars, winning his 11th consecutive start. Biron would post wins in each of his next two starts, bringing his streak to 13 straight starts.

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

• A win today would give the Sabres wins in a season-best four straight games.
  • After scoring a pair of goals in both of Buffalo’s last two games, JackEichel entered play Friday with the second-most goals in the league this season (22).
  • Victor Olofsson has recorded 19 points (7+12) in his last 18 games,including two-point performances in four of the team’s last six games. He has failed to record a point in just three of those 18 games and entered play Friday leading all NHL rookies in goals (13) and points (29) this season.
  • Jimmy Vesey is currently on a three-game point streak (1+2).
  • Buffalo’s penalty kill is 12-for-13 (92.3%) in the team’s last eight games against the Islanders.

image.png.05661a8e222c83d39214c438925de2ed.png     LETS GO BUFFALO

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Gonna be there with two buddies from work.  As stated in Awesome thread... one guy I took to his first game last year... got him hooked and another coming to his first game ever this year.  Love watching peoples eyes when they see game up close for the first time...! Go Sabres!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

The Sabres look to continue their resurgence against the Isles today, can they do it?!?

Will Zach Bogosian throw a tantrum?

Will Eichel continue his streak?

Can this team pull it's head out of its own bottom and give us fans something to cling to?

All that and more coming up!

Spotty wifi here on the Isle of Skye, I was planning on doing Stats and such, but I'll have JSB or one of the better posters here do that ?

Let's go Sabres, and Cheers all!!! 

Head has been removed for awhile now. As a franchise, it remains to be seen if we continue to prairie dog our way through history.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Head has been removed for awhile now. As a franchise, it remains to be seen if we continue to prairie dog our way through history.

Sure the last 2 weeks or so have been better than the slump prior, but I'm not quite to the stage yet where I am fully trusting of them. 

This place is fun, looking back at the slump everyone wanted RaKru fired and he had no experience, and now he's a genius with line combos. Same with Botterill. Such is life in sports and on a messaging board.

• Haha (+1) 2

Looking at the Isles roster I don't see star players.   Yet they are 3rd in the  Conference with 3 games in hand.  They have +19 goal differential, not because the are loaded, quite contrary, they  just don’t give up goals.  Great goaltending and a defensive system.  

Scoring 3 will be difficult.  

A roster full of gritty players and a very disciplined system, Trotz has them playing better than they are. 

We will need great goaltending, minimal mistakes, and our special teams have to play solid.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

2:00 PM, eh?  Bloody Hell!!

We are having a sou'wester today.  Lots of rain and wind.  Thanks New York, Baastan and Maine.

2:00 PM will likely be the time our power goes, but the battries are fully charged.

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

Is that your version of our nor'easters? Raining here now in WNY but gonna change to snow later.

Go Sabres

Can Hutton continue his streak ?? Can Linus handle the load if Ralph chooses not to go with Hutton. Can our guys stick to the system against the Isles tight defence ? Can the captain continue to streak ? Can the guys put all the Bogo chatter out of mind. Will Bogo play ? When will disfunction finally stop stalking this franchise ? 

Go Sabres !

• Haha (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Sure the last 2 weeks or so have been better than the slump prior, but I'm not quite to the stage yet where I am fully trusting of them. 

This place is fun, looking back at the slump everyone wanted RaKru fired and he had no experience, and now he's a genius with line combos. Same with Botterill. Such is life in sports and on a messaging board.

Don't you dare lump me in with your doubting Thomases fan club. I won't have it sir.

Edited by jsb
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

To be fair, life on a message board is lumping all of your personal impressions into a ball and assigning that ball of impressions to the entirety of the board's membership.  When, in truth, maybe only 30% of the membership contributed to that ball of impressions and the remaining 70% have a different point of view on whatever the subject is.

Edited by ...
your mom

25 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Looking at the Isles roster I don't see star players.   Yet they are 3rd in the  Conference with 3 games in hand.  They have +19 goal differential, not because the are loaded, quite contrary, they  just don’t give up goals.  Great goaltending and a defensive system.  

A roster full of gritty players and a very disciplined system, Trotz has them playing better than they are. 

We will need great goaltending, minimal mistakes, and our special teams have to play solid.  

Good call.  The Isles are #1 in the NHL in scoring defense, giving up 2.33 goals per game.  (The Sabres are tied for #16 at 3.00 per game.)

The Sabres are #13 in scoring, at 3.15 goals per game.  The Isles are #18, with 2.90 per game.

31 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Nothing to do with grit  impo. They play a system where it's all about clogging the neutral zone and playing low event hockey. 

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.