GDT: Sabres @ Islanders 12/14/19 1:00 PM EST

Wyldnwoody44

No moral victories for me.  That game was ours to win.  Beauvilliea should have been in the box.  There was other interference not called at well  

Normally I would not say a thing about it  but they called us for that in the first period. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nitro60 said:

Tewo bad turn overs in OT.  Unacceptable for the team captain and a guy with his talent.  3 on 2 his effort was lacking 

He was exhausted and IMO out of patience.  The first turnover was sheer exhaustion.  The second one, he just let everyone get in too deep.  Should’ve circled back around but he passed it out of impatience.  Would be nice if someone else made a play.  Would also be nice if the refs called a fair and even game but it’s Bettman’s NHL, that will likely never happen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nitro60 said:

Tewo bad turn overs in OT.  Unacceptable for the team captain and a guy with his talent.  3 on 2 his effort was lacking 

You have to be kidding.  He was mugged all day, especially in OT.  Without Eichel we lose 2-0 or worse. 

• Like (+1) 4

Ok finished watching. 

Solid game by Buffalo. Unfortunately a few if the mistakes they made ended up in the back of their net.   

I don't know why Johansson will not shoot the puck but the coach needs to talk to him about always looking to pass it off instead of shoot. 

I know some here regularly call out the officiating and this game is no exception. They let The Isles get away with a lot of clutching, grabbing and cheap stuff after giving them that cheap 3rd penalty in the 2nd, could've been an embellishing called as well. I give it a 8 on the dive score scale. 

Something I just noticed is how sneaky good the Isles are at holding sticks by catching it under their arm and pulling down into their body to hold the Sabres sticks.

All and all a solid against a good team.

Win streak over so time to start teh next...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

No moral victories for me.  That game was ours to win.  Beauvilliea should have been in the box.  There was other interference not called at well  

Normally I would say a thing about it  but they called us for it in the first period. 

I'm not going to blame a loss on the refs, but there's a longer term concern here.

Dahlin has taken an elbow to the head in two of his last three games.  Reinhart took a cross check face first into the boards.  Eichel was taken down from behind in the corner.

The Islanders play to the edge because the odds of the refs calling a penalty on a dirty play is 50/50, and probably less at the end of the game.

Is it the goal of this garage league to have its stars knocked out of games by cheap shots? At some time player safety has to be a priority, right?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.