GDT: Sabres @ Islanders 12/14/19 1:00 PM EST

Wyldnwoody44

For all you guys that don’t believe in responding when your teammate gets blasted that is what you do.  Bailey with a b line to Scandy.  Bailey had gloves off. No fight but a response.  Thinking of Sobotka and Dahlin hits and pondering why we don’t do that.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

For all you guys that don’t believe in responding when your teammate gets blasted that is what you do.  Bailey with a b line to Scandy.  Bailey had gloves off. No fight but a response.  Thinking of Sobotka and Dahlin hits and pondering why we don’t do that.  

RaKru doesn't believe in it.

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Meh, he gave him a nice hug and got a penalty for it. Pretty weak response if you ask me.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

RaKru doesn't believe in it.

RaKru will have to learn this is not the Euro league.  

No team wins a Cup that can’t protect each other.  I can’t think of one. 

1 minute ago, skaught said:

Meh, he gave him a nice hug and got a penalty for it. Pretty weak response if you ask me.

Timing.  It was immediate and gloves where off.  

Im not expecting a return to fisticuffs all the  time,  just some life.  

First period edge to Islanders.   They are flying.  Sabres look like they can hang with them, but do they have the will? 

Our lack of good NHL forwards was evident.  Not much pressure when #9 or the GLO Line is not out there.   

For the Skinner haters he has the least ice time of the period at 3:34. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

Skinner, Sheary and Erod have been the weakest line. Against teams like this we better get the next goal

Yes indeed.  The need for a real 2C is evident to me today.  Skinner is a finisher and needs the right center. 

Im impressed by the Isles team play and work ethic.  I think the Sabres can elevate their game and get into it.  Let’s see what they look like in period 2.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I don't think you have an audience

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.