EDIT Bogosian Requests Trade, Now EROD wants One As Well

Brawndo

Hahahahahahaha   Is this The Onion?

The dude who has missed by my rough count 168 games and counting over the last 6 seasons, while getting paid $5 million per year?

Sorry Zach, you're never available, you're not that good when you do play, and you don't get a spot saved for you.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Howie's "like" on Twitter is certainly interesting for us, but it's not a good look for him.

If his agent let this leak out that he wanted traded he is one stupid agent.

It's a small club, someone is calling Howie to get his opinion as to why he liked it.

Call it a reference check for a potential hire.

Edit,

By small club I mean coaches, ex-coaches and GMs.

Edited by woods-racer

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

What does this even mean?  Should we also say that Victor Olofsson is Tim Murray's tenure in a nutshell?

1. Overpaid in cap hit

2. Overpaid in assets to get him

3. Underperforms

4. Too long term on contract to go with the overpayment

Murray loved guys like this that fit some or all of those categories.  Luckily, we can hopefully finally get rid of Bogosian.  All that's left is Okposo, but at least he's filling a need for this team, albeit at a very inflated price.

None of those applies to Olofsson, a fortunate 7th round pick.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

How do folks feelmabout a bogosian fof galychunck trade straight up? Does Pitt need D?

Dec 12th: BOGO requests trade from Buff

Also Dec 12:  Galchenyuk's ice time increases 65% to 16:39 after spending most of December getting less than 10 minutes a game

You think they announce this trade today, or wait until tomorrow?  ???

• Haha (+1) 1

Bogosian needed start with a rehab assignment. Have him play 4 games in Rochester to knock off the rust and get back up to AHL speed first. Instead, he's been much too slow to be showcased and he's been outshone by our young puck-movers and revitalized Risto. Add to that the misses on assignments, is still getting up to speed with the new coach (no camp, etc.), and not being as tenacious as he once was...   The best thing Bogo could do is be overly physical for a little bit, if his body is up to it, to try and catch a GM's eye who thinks their team lacks grit and might overpay for it and some depth.

Miller (3rd pairing in LV) was for a 2nd and a 5th and had years of term left. But he's healthy and has high-end shot and could be a 2nd PP guy.

Bogo is an injury-prone 3rd pairing, who never gets PP time and is on a bad and expiring contract. Maybe a 4th? Maybe a prospect who needs a change of scenery? Putting on my "Other GM" hat, I'm not giving us anything for Bogo.

• Like (+1) 2

I dont see the sabres getting anything of value for him. Honestly he is a player at a very high salary that misses 40% of his games. He should count his lucky stars  that nhl contracts are guaranteed and he is still in the league. instead he looks like a troublemaker by stirring the pot on a team that recently found its legs again. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, miles said:

I dont see the sabres getting anything of value for him. Honestly he is a player at a very high salary that misses 40% of his games. He should count his lucky stars  that nhl contracts are guaranteed and he is still in the league. instead he looks like a troublemaker by stirring the pot on a team that recently found its legs again. 

I agree. We could probably get a 3rd round pick at the deadline from a team hoping he'll be healthy enough to be playoff depth, but we'd probably have to retain 50% of his remaining salary to move him. Without retention, we'll be lucky to find a buyer for anything better than maybe a 5th round pick.

Am I the only one not upset about this and thinking it doesn’t reflect poorly on Bogo?

He probably just wants to go somewhere he will get to play every game so he can prove he is healthy and deserves another NHL contract.  Find him a place to do that.

I don’t think he had much trade value to start with.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

Am I the only one not upset about this and thinking it doesn’t reflect poorly on Bogo?

I dont care he wants to be traded, I am annoyed with the timing mostly and the fact he hasn't earned his pay while here .

I want him to be traded even if it's for a 2098 7th round draft pick

Edited by miles

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

He probably just wants to go somewhere he will get to play every game so he can prove he is healthy and deserves another NHL contract.  Find him a place to do that.

I don't think most here are PO'd about the trade request itself.  The problematic part is making it public.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Curt said:

I don't think anyone is upset, just baffled as to why his agent leaked it.

Edited by woods-racer
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I don't think most here are PO'd about the trade request itself.  The problematic part is making it public.

Yeah, I hear that.  I don’t think he had much value to start with.  And we don’t know who leaked the info, though it was likely Bogo’s agent.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.