EDIT Bogosian Requests Trade, Now EROD wants One As Well

Brawndo

18 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

How about doing something, anything, to try to make this team better.  Trade ERod and Bogo for two McDonalds hamburgers and a bag of donuts.  That’s all they are worth.

Yeah, but donuts from where, exactly, and what kinds (kind?) of donuts. They'd have to be Boston creams, mostly.

Edited by PASabreFan

21 hours ago, LTS said:

I love the takes in here.

Let's see if this is how things look right now:

• Zach Bogosian has not been a favorite around here for a long time, he even has a bunker.
  • Evan Rodrigues has been questioned by many, and stated to be JAG.
  • Sabres GM brings in players to create competition and those players prove to be better than Rodrigues and Bogosian.
  • Rodrigues and Bogosian indicate they would like to be traded because they can't crack the roster anymore.
  • The response here is that the GM has failed the organization and that the organization is a joke.

I'm not sure how the GM has failed if that GM has brought in talent that has pushed out players that didn't belong here in the first place.

I agree, they've tried to trade Rodrigues, no one wants him.  Waive him to Rochester.  Let him enjoy his time there.

These players think they are more valuable to the team, but when given time on the ice their play fails to show it. I don't want that kind of player on my team, ever. You get your shot, you take it. If you don't succeed you don't turn around and blame the organization.

These players are terrible, and whether they are actually terrible or they are upset about their situation so they aren't even trying to play better, it doesn't matter to me. The end result is the same. They suck, they need to go and the good news.. they will be gone soon, no matter what.

Has the GM really brought in talent to push these guys down? ERod  and BOGO are still on the Roster. BOGO didn't lose his spot because of better players, he lost it because he can't stay healthy on the ice to get back into a spot where he can be relied on, and ERod is now being scratched cause he isn't producing.

The GM has failed cause he hasn't improved the roster outside of picking up Skinner last season. Otherwise he has made some more minor moves while continuing to evaluate the roster and waiting for prospects to develop.

The front office has made the team a laughingstock in the league that even bad players are embarrassed to play for. ERod should be thanking the franchise for giving him a chance to stick on an NHL roster instead of looking to be moved. BOGO should be thankful the Sabres have kept him around on a roster that gives him medical coverage cause his medical bills may have exceeded his contract by now since he was acquired......

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Has the GM really brought in talent to push these guys down? ERod  and BOGO are still on the Roster. BOGO didn't lose his spot because of better players, he lost it because he can't stay healthy on the ice to get back into a spot where he can be relied on, and ERod is now being scratched cause he isn't producing.

The GM has failed cause he hasn't improved the roster outside of picking up Skinner last season. Otherwise he has made some more minor moves while continuing to evaluate the roster and waiting for prospects to develop.

The front office has made the team a laughingstock in the league that even bad players are embarrassed to NOT play for. ERod should be thanking the franchise for giving him a chance to stick on an NHL roster instead of looking to be moved. BOGO should be thankful the Sabres have kept him around on a roster that gives him medical coverage cause his medical bills may have exceeded his contract by now since he was acquired......

FTFY.

Just out of curiosity, on what outside looking in roster are healthy scratch 4+ season vets NOT embarrassed to be scratched from?  Rodrigues ended last season as the 2C (purely out of necessity) and is now getting scratched as all sorts of AHL flavors (NHL rookie with potential to stick, young Vet tweener, and AHL energy line guy) have passed him on the depth chart, not to mention the 7th D-man (deservedly) gets more love from this coaching staff as well.

Bogosian has, in those rare healthy enough moments, been 2nd pairing but has played his way to 7th at best and likely 8th on the depth chart.  (And realistically probably even lower when some guys like Pilut get included in the rankings.)

Is it any wonder both guys are frustrated?  The only mildly surprising thing to date is that Miller hasn't publicly joined the "trade me right ####ing now" brigade.  Good for him.  It has to stink to get uprooted for cap reasons only to become a regular healthy scratch being beat out of a lineup spot by a guy who was held in such low regard by his former team that he was obtained for the price of Alex friggin' Nylander.

22 hours ago, LTS said:

I love the takes in here.

Let's see if this is how things look right now:

• Zach Bogosian has not been a favorite around here for a long time, he even has a bunker.
  • Evan Rodrigues has been questioned by many, and stated to be JAG.
  • Sabres GM brings in players to create competition and those players prove to be better than Rodrigues and Bogosian.
  • Rodrigues and Bogosian indicate they would like to be traded because they can't crack the roster anymore.
  • The response here is that the GM has failed the organization and that the organization is a joke.

I'm not sure how the GM has failed if that GM has brought in talent that has pushed out players that didn't belong here in the first place.

I agree, they've tried to trade Rodrigues, no one wants him.  Waive him to Rochester.  Let him enjoy his time there.

These players think they are more valuable to the team, but when given time on the ice their play fails to show it. I don't want that kind of player on my team, ever. You get your shot, you take it. If you don't succeed you don't turn around and blame the organization.

These players are terrible, and whether they are actually terrible or they are upset about their situation so they aren't even trying to play better, it doesn't matter to me. The end result is the same. They suck, they need to go and the good news.. they will be gone soon, no matter what.

I think this applies to Erod more than Bogo. Bogo has been firmly replaced with outside talent in the form of Montour, Miller (when they play him) and Jokiharju. The defense on paper is actually good. However in the forward ranks Botterill has very clearly failed. Erod is part of that failure. While Bots may have brought in the talent to push out Erod, it is just barely and it isnt the upgrade needed to get this team the secondary scoring needed to reach the post season. 

I do find it hilarious that Bogo in particular is asking out. He isn't good enough and if that is his attitude sit him until his contract expires or you get offered a cookie for him. 

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Hoping for Myles Wood out of New Jersey for one or both of these guys.

Though Wood would bring some much needed grit to this team, can't see the Devils giving him up for a puck bag.

Also, really doubt he'd want to be a Sabre with the way his dad was treated when he played here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

The front office has made the team a laughingstock in the league that even bad players are embarrassed to play for. ERod should be thanking the franchise for giving him a chance to stick on an NHL roster instead of looking to be moved. BOGO should be thankful the Sabres have kept him around on a roster that gives him medical coverage cause his medical bills may have exceeded his contract by now since he was acquired......

Yes, quite simply, Johansson, Vesey, Asplund, Lazar are all here and have taken the place of Rodrigues.  He had a shot and couldn't stick.  You can argue that those improvements aren't making a material difference but that's not the point.  The point is, they are, at least at the moment, an improvement over Rodrigues.  He earned a shot this year and he failed to capitalize on it.  Now he's sour grapes, too bad.

Bogosian?  - Jokiharju, Miller, Montour - all earning spots over Bogosian.  While Miller is probably on pace with Bogosian at this point.

And yes, the team doesn't attract big name players.  Players want to win and the Sabres haven't been doing that. Botterill can't force a player to sign here without significantly overpaying and that doesn't necessarily help the team win overall.  Players know that as well. So, Botterill does what he can to make marginal improvements and draft players that can improve the team so that the team improves and once they are winning more will be able to bring in the bigger players.

I'm not sure what homerun you expect the GM to pull off.  You say the team is a laughing stock and then blame the GM for not improving the team.  If no players wants to play here, how do you improve the team?  The draft?  That takes time.  It's that simple.  Mittlestadt might not be developing as fast, Cozens appears to be a great get.  But those players weren't going to have immediate impact on their teams.

Jack Hughes isn't saving New Jersey, Kakko isn't saving the Rangers. 

55 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think this applies to Erod more than Bogo. Bogo has been firmly replaced with outside talent in the form of Montour, Miller (when they play him) and Jokiharju. The defense on paper is actually good. However in the forward ranks Botterill has very clearly failed. Erod is part of that failure. While Bots may have brought in the talent to push out Erod, it is just barely and it isnt the upgrade needed to get this team the secondary scoring needed to reach the post season. 

I do find it hilarious that Bogo in particular is asking out. He isn't good enough and if that is his attitude sit him until his contract expires or you get offered a cookie for him. 

See above.  I agree, they aren't knockout improvements.  But the problem is, what players WANT to come here at a price tag that will be good for the team overall (assuming they even want to be here).

I think a lot gets put on Botterill because of the ROR situation.  A situation, that seems apparent, was forced by the owner. I'm not interested in rehashing it (as most would know) but if your hands are tied, they are tied.

The one thing I don't see under the current coach is that this team looks lost.  They look like they don't have enough talent, something that gets pointed out here all the time. The only problem is that people expected all the talent to be obtainable by the GM.  This despite saying, no free agents want to come here, and there's no talent on the team.  So, you cant trade them, you can't sign them... how do you improve the team?

Draft... and that takes time.  Get lucky with a few trades or situations that are favorable to your team (Jokiharju and Skinner).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Yes, quite simply, Johansson, Vesey, Asplund, Lazar are all here and have taken the place of Rodrigues.  He had a shot and couldn't stick.  You can argue that those improvements aren't making a material difference but that's not the point.  The point is, they are, at least at the moment, an improvement over Rodrigues.  He earned a shot this year and he failed to capitalize on it.  Now he's sour grapes, too bad.

Bogosian?  - Jokiharju, Miller, Montour - all earning spots over Bogosian.  While Miller is probably on pace with Bogosian at this point.

And yes, the team doesn't attract big name players.  Players want to win and the Sabres haven't been doing that. Botterill can't force a player to sign here without significantly overpaying and that doesn't necessarily help the team win overall.  Players know that as well. So, Botterill does what he can to make marginal improvements and draft players that can improve the team so that the team improves and once they are winning more will be able to bring in the bigger players.

I'm not sure what homerun you expect the GM to pull off.  You say the team is a laughing stock and then blame the GM for not improving the team.  If no players wants to play here, how do you improve the team?  The draft?  That takes time.  It's that simple.  Mittlestadt might not be developing as fast, Cozens appears to be a great get.  But those players weren't going to have immediate impact on their teams.

Jack Hughes isn't saving New Jersey, Kakko isn't saving the Rangers. 

See above.  I agree, they aren't knockout improvements.  But the problem is, what players WANT to come here at a price tag that will be good for the team overall (assuming they even want to be here).

I think a lot gets put on Botterill because of the ROR situation.  A situation, that seems apparent, was forced by the owner. I'm not interested in rehashing it (as most would know) but if your hands are tied, they are tied.

The one thing I don't see under the current coach is that this team looks lost.  They look like they don't have enough talent, something that gets pointed out here all the time. The only problem is that people expected all the talent to be obtainable by the GM.  This despite saying, no free agents want to come here, and there's no talent on the team.  So, you cant trade them, you can't sign them... how do you improve the team?

Draft... and that takes time.  Get lucky with a few trades or situations that are favorable to your team (Jokiharju and Skinner).

I would agree. 

Who the heck would trade anything for these guys? Bogosian is overpriced, injury prone, and looking kinda washed up, while Rodriguez has 0 goals and 3 assists in 24 games, as a FORWARD. You could maybe package Bogosian based on a history of competent play, but Rodriguez's next stop is more likely to be somewhere in the AHL.  

12 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Lips and the Glass DJ must’ve been pretty disappointed to see Scandy go, and not them. 

Oh well, back to the healthy scratch list. 

Who knows?  Maybe Bogo's frustration was not the team so much as playing time.  Trading a D may open up some time for him.  I thought he did okay last night.  Maybe JBot has learned that you don't write off players because they're disheartened.  Sobotka was a whipping boy and found a niche on the team.  Okposo was washed up and now he's playing well.  The root of Bogo's complaint was not enough ice time.  With this trade he should get a lot more, and with more playing time he may improve.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Who knows?  Maybe Bogo's frustration was not the team so much as playing time.  Trading a D may open up some time for him.  I thought he did okay last night.  Maybe JBot has learned that you don't write off players because they're disheartened.  Sobotka was a whipping boy and found a niche on the team.  Okposo was washed up and now he's playing well.  The root of Bogo's complaint was not enough ice time.  With this trade he should get a lot more, and with more playing time he may improve.

Sobotka was the anchor to an otherwise good line. Skinner and Johansson were producing in spite of Sobotka. 

Bogo can screw right off. He isn't that good to begin with and is IMPO the 4th best RHD on this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Sobotka was the anchor to an otherwise good line. Skinner and Johansson were producing in spite of Sobotka. 

Bogo can screw right off. He isn't that good to begin with and is IMPO the 4th best RHD on this team. 

Would you be interested in a prescription for Zoloft?

11 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Sobotka was the anchor to an otherwise good line. Skinner and Johansson were producing in spite of Sobotka

This is a crock.

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

This is a crock.

its true. they were a solid line when it was the 3 of them. 2 scorers and one defensive minded winger seemed to be rk's plan. the fact that everyone is injured all the time, makes it very difficult

55 minutes ago, Weave said:

Too lazy to look up the numbers..... When did Johansson go cold?  Was it before his injury?  Did it coincide with Sobotko's injury?

I’m too lazy, too. It went cold when Sobotka got hurt. It went nucular winter when Johansson got hurt.

(probably shouldn’t joke about nuclear winter right now, sorry)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.