EDIT Bogosian Requests Trade, Now EROD wants One As Well

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Not that I will particularly miss Bogo or E-Rod, but, it is apparent there is a serious problem within the organization here in Buffalo.

The only organizational problem this is evidence of is that the Sabres have a bad habit of signing some pretentious entitled crybaby *****.  BOGO and eRod are the latest two players on this list that previously included such hits as Patrik Berglund, Ryan O'Reilly, and Robin Lehner.  Okposo and Larry both struggled for years after coming back from injuries but they took their lumps, put the work in, and are now performing better than anyone expected this season.  

Nothing is worse than people under-performing at their job and then blaming others for their lack of success.  Except maybe racism.  Racism is really bad too...

Last year I thought ERod could be a decent 4th liner with the utility of being able to move up in a game to play center or wing If the situation dictated it.  

This year he has been a lost soul.  24 games averaging  10 minutes and totaling 0 goals and 3 points.  He might not like RK demanding defensive responsibility and earning minutes.  Poor baby. 

I just looked at the rosters and stats of Tampa, St Louis, Boston, NYI, and Washington -  all strong teams.  Look at their forwards that play the least minutes.  You will see grizzled vets,  or young hard working bangers, or young skill prospects coming up.   You see these guys score even in limited roles.  I will trade ERod for any low minute forward from any of these teams.  The problem is those teams won’t make that trade unless they are dumping salaries and they won’t trade valuable pieces until the deadline.  

Now do the same with Detroit, New Jersey, San Jose, etc.  These teams have a lot of junk like ERod, so trading our junk for their junk is not going help.   It’s best to trade him in a package. I wish he or his agent would have just kept quiet.  

Waiving him and sending him to Rochester if he clears waivers is a bad option.  We don’t need him poisoning Rochester.  

Waiving him and giving him away to make a statement is an option.  I think he ends up getting picked up if waived.  What happens to his salary if he is waived?  

Edited by Pimlach

21 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

How about doing something, anything, to try to make this team better.  Trade ERod and Bogo for two McDonalds hamburgers and a bag of donuts.  That’s all they are worth.

Agreed.  Bogo's contract will get easier to move as the season goes on, but right now I can't imagine there are a lot of teams that want to pay him $5MM as a bottom pair defenseman unless we send a pick or prospect along as well. eRodent on the other hand might fetch a conditional 5-7th rounder.  

Neither of those options help us immediately, unless it is just to clear up cap space to make a bigger move.  Which poses the question: JBotts - why haven't you made a move yet???

Whether he requested a trade or just doesn't see himself on the team next season is irrelevant. ERod had the opportunity as the 2nd line center with Skinner. He lost it. He had the opportunity to beat out Mittelstadt for minutes and failed at that. He had the opportunity to be a PKer -- Asplund took that job. He had the opportunity to come to the aid of Eichel, Dahlin, and Sobotka after they had been run. Dalton was signed for that. Good. I'm glad he's upset. But he'd better be upset at himself. And no one is going to trade for him. The best thing he could have done was start to produce in whatever manner makes the Sabres victorious to make himself attractive to other GMs.

Likewise with Bogo. They're both going to other teams next season (if they're in the league) and neither of them is getting a raise. They can be upset and request a trade all they want but they've had the opportunity to shine on one of the most talent-deficient rosters in the league the last couple seasons and they've done little if anything to improve it.

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

How about doing something, anything, to try to make this team better.  Trade ERod and Bogo for two McDonalds hamburgers and a bag of donuts.  That’s all they are worth.

And therein lies the mess.  The guys we need to move on from are worth burgers and donuts.  How do we make deals to make the team better when the players that need to be displaced aren't going to be welcome on any other team roster?

JBott has made himself a mess.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Weave said:

And therein lies the mess.  The guys we need to move on from are worth burgers and donuts.  How do we make deals to make the team better when the players that need to be displaced aren't going to be welcome on any other team roster?

JBott has made himself a mess.

Bogo was TM’s.  ERod should have been re-signed. He earned that K last year with his effort. Unfortunately it hasn’t translated with the new coach. 

Bogo was un-tradeable and remains so because of bad play and injury history.  Nothing Jbot could do nothing but hope he had remained on LTIR.  

Jbot’s failing is not finding a 2C. He dumped ROR and hasn’t yet filled the role. That’s on him and remains his main failing as our GM so far.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Bogo was TM’s.  ERod should have been re-signed. He earned that K last year with his effort. Unfortunately it hasn’t translated with the new coach. 

Bogo was un-tradeable and remains so because of bad play and injury history.  Nothing Jbot could do nothing but hope he had remained on LTIR.  

Jbot’s failing is not finding a 2C. He dumped ROR and hasn’t yet filled the role. That’s on him and remains his main failing as our GM so far.

I agree with most of this.

I think Pegula's ( and I'm not sure if it's just one or both ) emotions also got involved with the ROR trade situation. So I don't put full blame on Botterill for that. He very well may have told Pegula(s) that it was a bad trade and all he got in response was *I don't care I want him gone*.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Excuses.  Plenty of other teams have managed to shed bad contracts.  And this was always Erod.  He's the same player.  Resigning him was a bad read.  Especially if he doesn't mesh with the coach's philosophy.

9 hours ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

Agreed.  Bogo's contract will get easier to move as the season goes on, but right now I can't imagine there are a lot of teams that want to pay him $5MM as a bottom pair defenseman unless we send a pick or prospect along as well. eRodent on the other hand might fetch a conditional 5-7th rounder.  

Neither of those options help us immediately, unless it is just to clear up cap space to make a bigger move.  Which poses the question: JBotts - why haven't you made a move yet???

The thing is ... and correct me if I’m wrong, his full salary for the year may be 5mil. But for the remainder of the season, his actual salary owed is now roughly half that with half the season gone. So a team who wants veteran depth in the playoffs may consider Bogo in a month or so. Key word ... may (injury history and all)

with his contract expiring in April ... who knows ...

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

ERod wants a trade - LMFAO. To where? The KHL?

Honestly, I'm sure everybody on the roster (except maybe Skinner who simply took the money) wants a trade, wouldn't you?

Honestly, truly doubt that.  Granted, if we don't see them get the ship righted in the next few games, could see them getting there.  But there is something about Krueger that seems like a true leader, and it doesn't seem that the team is tuning him out.  The guys that have asked out are the guys that can't work their way into the lineup.  And guys that earlier wanted out prior to RK's signing, like Ristolainen, actually seem to want to be here.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

ERod wants a trade - LMFAO. To where? The KHL?

Honestly, I'm sure everybody on the roster (except maybe Skinner who simply took the money) wants a trade, wouldn't you?

I think you may be projecting your own feelings into the players.  

They have not quit.  They are giving an honest effort.  They are still showing up.  I honestly can’t say that that’s always been true in years past.

Your feelings about the team may be at rock bottom right now, but I honestly don’t think the team is at rock bottom right now.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.