EDIT Bogosian Requests Trade, Now EROD wants One As Well

Brawndo

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

I never thought of Bogo as a prima donna a la OReilly... but you never know...

It could be that this isn't his doing at all.  It might be his manager's decision, his manager's doing.  If the status quo doesn't change for the better (from Bogo's perspective) soon, let's see if he fires his manager. 

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It could be that this isn't his doing at all.  It might be his manager's decision, his manager's doing.  If the status quo doesn't change for the better (from Bogo's perspective) soon, let's see if he fires his manager. 

I thought about this also.

It might not be a 'prima donna' thing at all. Maybe they told him as the season goes on, he will be rotating in and out of the lineup (for whatever reason, to get the young guys more time...or maybe the Sabres are more afraid of a heavy workload getting him injured again than he is).....and it could have been a very amicable conversation between him and JBots...where at the end of the conversation he simply could have said something like "I'm in a contract year...maybe leading up to my last contract, so I'm OK with a trade".  

Then again, it could have been a hard-core demand, not an ask...the point is we really don't know yet, we need more information to make that judgement.

Personally, I like Bogo here, he can have some very good games, and he is very useful as your primary (if not 2nd) penalty killer. 

• Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don’t understand Bogo’s people’s intention in making this request public.  There is no benefit and it hurts his marketability (if there is any) and hurts the team he was once a leader on.  
There is no market for an injury prone, no speed, no offense D at a 5 mill price tag.  His request cut his best friend who is having a career year to the core. Nice.  For a 29 year old man he is acting like a petulant child.  Why would any team want to add that guy to their locker room?

A gentlemen may make such a request but he tells the GM in private and then works his ass off to get back in the lineup so he can showcase what is left if his skills to earn trade or earn a spot on the team full time thereby earning an new contract somewhere in the league.

Hard to get a new deal as a vet playing in the AHL once getting waived.

Players and people get bad advice from agents and attorneys all the time.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

It might not be a 'prima donna' thing at all. Maybe they told him as the season goes on, he will be rotating in and out of the lineup (for whatever reason, to get the young guys more time...or maybe the Sabres are more afraid of a heavy workload getting him injured again than he is).....and it could have been a very amicable conversation between him and JBots...where at the end of the conversation he simply could have said something like "I'm in a contract year...maybe leading up to my last contract, so I'm OK with a trade".  

Then again, it could have been a hard-core demand, not an ask...the point is we really don't know yet, we need more information to make that judgement.

Personally, I like Bogo here, he can have some very good games, and he is very useful as your primary (if not 2nd) penalty killer. 

Agreed it does seem odd for Bogo, but probably not for his agent.

26 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

If it was amicable, that wasn't what was conveyed to the agent who leaked this. (It seems probable the agent leaked this not Botts or Bogo)

Even if you like bogo here, where does he play? Miller, Joker, Montour, Risto are all rhd so it's hard to fit bogo in. 

Edited by LGR4GM

This may not be popular, but IMHO Bogo needs to get back into the rotation quickly and play....and he needs to show something.  His agent is incompetent if he is the one who leaked this.  However, for Buffalo to have any leverage at all to obtain a decent asset in return, Bogo needs to help his own cause by giving other teams a reason to want him.  

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

This may not be popular, but IMHO Bogo needs to get back into the rotation quickly and play....and he needs to show something.  His agent is incompetent if he is the one who leaked this.  However, for Buffalo to have any leverage at all to obtain a decent asset in return, Bogo needs to help his own cause by giving other teams a reason to want him.  

GMs have a decade of tape on the dude. I think they know what he is. 

• Like (+1) 1

Many of these players – Bogosian near the front of the line –- ran Dan Bylsma out of town in 2017. Phil Housley didn't get much support in the dressing room last year either. Krueger wasn't going to let the blame-the-coach charade get any momentum

An little snipit from the Buffalo News article. Which was well written and worth the 5 minute read.

As the late great Paul Harvey would say...*and now we know the rest of the story....* 

Why Housley gave a thumbs up or a like from a post on twitter.

Seems as though our locker cancer is more wide spread than we imagined.

11 hours ago, inkman said:

Let's not pretend that they were extraordinarily fortunate with the timing on both the McKinnin and Landeskog deals.  It wasn't some sort of super GM skills that made it happen. 

I don't really understand the Bogo vitriol in this thread. 

While yes, timing was a major contributing factor, players like to play there. And what's not to like, the greater Denver area is quite beautiful, albeit pricey as hell.

As for Bogo, I have nothing against h8s performance personally, I am one of the guilty one's however that would like to move along from him given the amount of injury time. I guess I just don't see the ROI on the just over 5 mil for the time he's been here.

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

While yes, timing was a major contributing factor, players like to play there. And what's not to like, the greater Denver area is quite beautiful, albeit pricey as hell.

As for Bogo, I have nothing against h8s performance personally, I am one of the guilty one's however that would like to move along from him given the amount of injury time. I guess I just don't see the ROI on the just over 5 mil for the time he's been here.

Oh I'm all for moving him as well. I just don't hold any ill will toward him for wanting out. People do things for different reasons than outsiders would comprehend. He may be a selfish prick, there may be some extenuating circumstances that none of us are privy to. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, miles said:

if the sabres put him on waivers and a team took him, who takes his cap hit?

I suspect that will be the only way he leaves (assuming other team takes this cap hit)

No.  You eat his salary.  

He could be traded to a team for a player or players of equal cap $ value. If a team really needed help he could certainly  be of interest. 

5 hours ago, inkman said:

I'm less concerned with that and more on why it took so long to put Zach's butt in the press box. He was killing this team. 

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Good question. 

He's been good at times, not so good at times, and injured at times.  RFK needed to see what he could do.  Maybe RFK had seen enough and told JBot to leak the trade rumor, who knows?

4 hours ago, inkman said:

Oh I'm all for moving him as well. I just don't hold any ill will toward him for wanting out. People do things for different reasons than outsiders would comprehend. He may be a selfish prick, there may be some extenuating circumstances that none of us are privy to. 

coffee lol GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Pimlach said:

No.  You eat his salary.  

He could be traded to a team for a player or players of equal cap $ value. If a team really needed help he could certainly  be of interest. 

If he’s not traded, we’re going to eat his salary anyways. Might as well get rid of one of the last Tank vestiges and be done with it. I guess the other question is if he is waived, not claimed, and refuses to report to Rochester, what happens?

39 minutes ago, kas23 said:

If he’s not traded, we’re going to eat his salary anyways. Might as well get rid of one of the last Tank vestiges and be done with it. I guess the other question is if he is waived, not claimed, and refuses to report to Rochester, what happens?

That could void his contract, as he would be in breach of contract for failing to report, no?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.