EDIT Bogosian Requests Trade, Now EROD wants One As Well

Brawndo

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Roughly 98% of press connections are player agents, and the Sabres have run a tight ship since Botterill came in. It almost certainly came from Bogosian’s camp. 

Stuff like this is usually leaked to force a move, to justify a move, or gauge public reaction for a move.

Did Bogosian ask for this a while ago and he doesn’t think Botterill has pushed it enough? Or maybe Botterill actually has an offer on the table for Bogosian and Bogosian wants him to take it?

59 minutes ago, SwampD said:

If true, it’s weird.

It is kind of odd, but it’s a pretty odd situation overall, to be fair. Not only are we scratching a bonafide top 6 D man every night, we are playing one at forward/as the 7th D, too, on most nights. A very unusual situation. 

I’d not be surprised if Bogo, in a contract year, got fed up hearing he didn’t crack even the top 7, potentially more of that to come, and he just said “ok, trade me”. 

Edited by Thorny

I'm not shocked by this and can see his point of view. If he ends up as a #7 or even off and on again 5/6 he doesn't get a lot of ice time here and he needs to show he can still play if he hopes to get any kind of money next year at all.  Just wish it had stayed quiet. I expected him to be moved prior to deadline, but now the decent return is unlikely. 

I doubt he was ever in JBot's plans after this season (and he knows it).

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm not shocked by this and can see his point of view. If he ends up as a #7 or even off and on again 5/6 he doesn't get a lot of ice time here and he needs to show he can still play if he hopes to get any kind of money next year at all.  Just wish it had stayed quiet. I expected him to be moved prior to deadline, but now the decent return is unlikely. 

I doubt he was ever in JBot's plans after this season (and he knows it).

Thinking about it, Botterill has seemingly been in no rush to move a D man, I doubt he’d be compelled to take an inferior offer even now that Bogo has made this public. He’d probably just say, “if you want him, pay the fair price, or we keep him”. 

It’s much easier to play that type of game when the team is winning.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Is it possible that Bogosian was getting the play he was to showcase him for a trade?

Is it possible he was held out tonight because the trade is close to being finalized?

Not sure how well that showcase went, then. 

It’s plausible, but if they were so close to moving him, why would the trade request have been made public today? 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Not sure how well that showcase went, then. 

It’s plausible, but if they were so close to moving him, why would the trade request have been made public today? 

Maybe (for example) Galchenyuk for Botterill is being discussed and Bogosian wanted to force Botterill’s hand to make the move, or Rutherford is trying to squeeze out a small plus and wanted to force Botterill’s hand, or Risto doesn’t want to get traded any more and wants them to dump Bogo instead?

(Not being completely serious here, but there has to be some kind of agenda in play)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

How do folks feelmabout a bogosian fof galychunck trade straight up? Does Pitt need D?

It would end the drama about OMG WE NEED TO TRADE A D NOW.  I have admired Chucky in much the same way I admired Skinner, although his body of work is not as big as Skinner's.  But he's one of those guys that seems like he kills us (yeah, I know, bad season this year).  I wouldn't mind handing him over to Krueger and seeing what he can do.  If he doesn't work we drop him at the end of the year.

And before the season the rumors were that Ristolainen wanted to be traded, and many here agreed with the sentiment.  He hasn't been traded (yet?) and seems to be happy playing here and has improved via the eye test since getting fewer minutes.

Don't doubt at all that Bogosian has asked for a trade.  Also don't expect 1 unless Botterill thinks he's getting fair value.  We've seen this team down 2-3 D-men; it could happen again and Botts probably expects it.  Botts won't trade him unless it helps the team.  But that Galchenyuk for Bogo seems a lot more plausible today that it was.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Yep.  Knowing there's pressure to move him will lower any offers.

Lol, who wants a broken down D at 5.1.  There wouldn’t be any offers for him any way.  Waive him and send him to an AHL team in Siberia.

Hey Bogo, what did David Spade say on SNL.  Buh Bye.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, Ross Rhea said:

Would love it if they somehow could package him up and ship him to NJ for Hall.

i would like to send him to NJ or San Jose or anywhere else for a bucket of pucks if it gets his salary off the sabres books. 

this guy is a bum and his request is a spit in the face. This dude gets paid millions to get surgery, and sit back and do nothing and has the nerve to request a trade. f this guy

It appears that Mr. Bogosian over values his play and what he brings to a team. 

We will be lucky to get a bag of pucks for him. He's more damaged than ROR after his *lost my love* comment.

28 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I found one of the likes on Harrington’s Tweet very interesting 

9854BF50-BAEC-4262-89C3-77EFCCA1E374.jpeg

Edited by woods-racer
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Buffalo has been more than patient with him through his hip surgeries and rehab, I don't get it.

And he's an UFA after this season anyway.  

Seems odd.

We have a log jam on defense and he needs to get some game time in before his next semi-annual trip to injured reserve. Otherwise he might not be able to sucker a new team into giving him his next contract.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.