EDIT Bogosian Requests Trade, Now EROD wants One As Well

Brawndo

I know what the optics say, but I’m curious as to whether the decision to sit him came before or after the trade request.

I get how he needs to play to get UFA offers and how he probably sees the writing on the wall.

But I agree with those saying the timing feels odd.

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I know what the optics say, but I’m curious as to whether the decision to sit him came before or after the trade request.

I get how he needs to play to get UFA offers and how he probably sees the writing on the wall.

But I agree with those saying the timing feels odd.

Isn’t the bolded the most likely reason? Seems likely he was told he’d be a scratch fairly often, thus not being able to fulfill the bolded. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Buffalo has been more than patient with him through his hip surgeries and rehab, I don't get it.

And he's an UFA after this season anyway.  

Seems odd.

My thoughts exactly.  

I guys we wants to play to set up his next contract.  If he is used sparingly his stock drops.  

So, the theory is that Botterill told him to expect to be in the defense rotation and he pitches a fit because he's concerned about his next contract?

That doesn't sound like the loyal, locker-room favorite type of guy he's been described as up to now. However, I actually buy this narrative.

3 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

Thanks for nothing Bogo!  Now you've just made it harder to do exactly what you want by opening up your big mouth.

I don't think it's any harder than it was before. Injury prone, final year of contract so he's a rental, and a pretty hefty salary this season.  Sabres don't have much cap space to eat anything either.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

Maybe they told him he wasn't going to play much anymore with Dahlin back now. What would you do, just sit in the press box?

It wouldn't chirp to be traded after missing half the games and not earning the gold I been paid. That's for sure

1 minute ago, klos1963 said:

Maybe they told him he wasn't going to play much anymore with Dahlin back now. What would you do, just sit in the press box?

Yes. Not happily. But, yes.

I'd want traded. Quietly and with respect. No burning bridges with a team that paid me millions to get a couple surgeries and watch from home on TV.

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

He is really bad so far this year. We'll be better with him playing minutes elsewhere.

This year? Try every year as a Sabre and in the NHL. He's not good, he's never been good, and I'm thrilled his time as a Sabre is coming to an end. 

3 hours ago, Weave said:

I know all y'all are crawling out of the Bogo bunker and celebrating this, but I'm disappointed.

Crawling? Sir, I flew out of the bunker like Tony Stark in the first Iron Man. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Yes. Not happily. But, yes.

I'd want traded. Quietly and with respect. No burning bridges with a team that paid me millions to get a couple surgeries and watch from home on TV.

How do we know he didn't ask respectfully? How has he burned bridges? Nothing on this thread suggests that he wasn't quiet and respectful

56 minutes ago, miles said:

It wouldn't chirp to be traded after missing half the games and not earning the gold I been paid. That's for sure

Chirp? how about ask? It would seem to me he was either told or thinks he will be the odd man out , so why not ask for a trade.?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.