GDT: Nashville @ Buffalo; 7:00 pm EDT, 12-12-2019

MODO Hockey

31 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

they are playing again like they did in October.

Yes and no.  I'm not a stats guy, but I feel like the team now is better than October, at least over the last handful of games.  Not as flashy, not as offensive, but somehow... more solid as a team.  I think they're playing every bit as good as October, but with the memory of November still fresh, they're not taking it for granted like they did earlier in the season.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I liked a lot about tonight.

But nothing more than this.

It was an amazing weekend filled with Triumph history and memorabilia (hosted at the Metal Works). Pictures with the band, a performance and then an after party with Gil Moore where he talked to fans for 5 hours. I spent 45 minutes with him. Then the next day, those who stuck around to go on a third party bus tour were hoodwinked into stopping for coffee where the band was in back of the coffee shop and we got to hang out with them for another two hours in a much smaller group. That’s where my picture came from. I sat and listened and told stories to Mike Levine for quite awhile. Then finished the night with Gil spending more time with us at dinner. When we filed out for our final goodbyes he was sobbing and hugging everyone like we were sons going off to war. Grown men crying everywhere. Lol it was ***** intense. So emotionally draining. Many of the people I met agreed that it was extremely difficult to process everything that happened to us that weekend.

0EB1B09B-9370-40CF-9007-B27F8BA9A7A3.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

That was fun. more than anything else I liked the way they kept working. The effort level is way up last few games and we are getting results.

Not sure if we can last as a 3 line team over the long haul but for now you have to love the wins. Leafs game actually shaping up to be a big one. Eichel has to be elite for us to win and he is. As long as that continues anything is possible. Also thought Johanson started to show signs of getting his game back so that's good too. 

We're still too soft in front of our own net, but maybe that too will come eventually.

Let's see how long we can keep this going!

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

See, I told ya, I leave the country and we win ?

Sadly last night I lost my favorite sabres beanie in Glasgow, no clue how I lost it, it was a gift last year and I scoured the internet for a replacement but couldn't find one. 

Glasgow is notorious for that!! I can't find my goathead beanie I got last year. ☹️

• SDS unpinned this topic

This will blow certain people's minds but... 

Risto looked good last night. I really think increasing his offensive zone starts while giving him a partner that can get the puck out is helping. 

Reinhart looked very mediocre at times last night. There was a board battle where because of how he engaged the player he lost. He didn't get in front of him. His pass that helped set up the game winner was nice but we need a little more from Reinhart. Luckily he typically gets better as the season goes and January is right around the corner. 

Jack. Elite. 

Olofsson had a lot going for him last game. He is enjoyable to watch.

Dahlin looked tentative. His swagger needs to come back. I am sure it will with time.

GLO line doing what it does. Chews gum and kicks ass... and they're all out of gum. 

Montour and Jokiharju are currently our best defenders. 

Jake McCabe... woof. There was a play with Jokiharju I think where Joker passed him the puck perfectly and McCabe flubbed it changing an easy zone exit to a chance against and it just seemed to happen far too often. 

PP sucked. PK was better. Vesey has really turned it up a notch and finally started playing his game. 

Edited by LGR4GM
spelling
  • Like (+1) 4

help a brother out: which of the 7 D was playing the wing?

28 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Dahlin looked tentative. His swagger needs to come back. I am sure it will with time.

I was Christmas concerting, but the report I got was that he wasn't very noticeable. Which is different than tentative. IMO, I'd rather see 15 nice quiet games from him than see his swagger return. I think that's how he needs to build his game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I actually thought he looked more defensively responsible.  If you want to call that tentative, fine, but his D game was pretty solid.  The swagger will come back, don't worry about that.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

PK was better. Vesey has really turned it up a notch and finally started playing his game. 

I'm not even sure what Vesey's game is, but I like it.

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

help a brother out: which of the 7 D was playing the wing?

I was Christmas concerting, but the report I got was that he wasn't very noticeable. Which is different than tentative. IMO, I'd rather see 15 nice quiet games from him than see his swagger return. I think that's how he needs to build his game.

I didn’t see a single defenceman take a shift on wing. It was mix and match all night on the blueline although it felt like Montour/Risto and Joki/Scandy saw a lot of time together. I agree that Dahlin was more quiet than tentative. Did not make any obvious mistakes of note.

Asplund and ERod pretty much disappeared as the game progressed.

Ralph continues to make lineup decisions that work.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I didn’t see a single defenceman take a shift on wing. It was mix and match all night on the blueline although it felt like Montour/Risto and Joki/Scandy saw a lot of time together. I agree that Dahlin was more quiet than tentative. Did not make any obvious mistakes of note.

Asplund and ERod pretty much disappeared as the game progressed.

Ralph continues to make lineup decisions that work.

Ralph is, but him and Botterill are playing with fire.

A GOOD seasoned veteran team with some injuries can survive like this for a month. How long can the Sabres?

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Anyone else see Olofsson and Ullmark bump heads and hug as the team left the ice. It has to be crazy for those two considering the journey they started almost together in Sweden and then to end up being contributors on the same NHL team. 

I saw that.  It's those little things that are so awesome to catch.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, woods-racer said:

A GOOD seasoned veteran team with some injuries can survive like this for a month. How long can the Sabres?

If they can move Bogo for a forward that helps us a lot.  I like running 7 defenseman for now and would not trade another one until maybe at the deadline and that depends on where we sit in the standings.  

What can we get for Bogo?  Or for Bogo and a pick?  

4 hours ago, woods-racer said:

I don’t know.  Why is it impractical to play 3 lines, then mix in a couple other forwards situationally?  Why can’t you play 7 D?  

It’s unorthodox, but I don’t see why it can’t work.  Ralph is trying to maximize his team’s talent.  

Much better than doing the same thing over and over while the team struggles, which a lot of coaches would absolutely do.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.