GDT: Nashville @ Buffalo; 7:00 pm EDT, 12-12-2019

MODO Hockey

9 minutes ago, Curt said:

I don’t know.  Why is it impractical to play 3 lines, then mix in a couple other forwards situationally?  Why can’t you play 7 D?  

It’s unorthodox, but I don’t see why it can’t work.  Ralph is trying to maximize his team’s talent.  

Much better than doing the same thing over and over while the team struggles, which a lot of coaches would absolutely do.

Risto gets burned out getting over played. Kruger gets praised for reducing his minutes and spreading the load.

How long will Jack last? IIRC he's 23-24 minutes a night.

There's a reason *rolling 4 lines* means so much in hockey.

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

If they can move Bogo for a forward that helps us a lot.  I like running 7 defenseman for now and would not trade another one until maybe at the deadline and that depends on where we sit in the standings.  

What can we get for Bogo?  Or for Bogo and a pick?  

I have to believe if they could move anyone of our defenders  that have been a healthy scratch for some offensive depth it would have happened. I just feel that the return is so little (4th, 5th round pick little) that Botterill feels we are better off with them and waiting and hoping for something better.

7 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Risto gets burned out getting over played. Kruger gets praised for reducing his minutes and spreading the load.

How long will Jack last? IIRC he's 23-24 minutes a night.

There's a reason *rolling 4 lines* means so much in hockey.

Well, maybe that’s a concern.  Jack is at 21:39 per game.  He has exceeded 24 mins 5 times in 33 games.  It’s not the highest TOI in the league for a forward, but it’s kind of close.  However.......

1) He has never looked better

2) He has always been know for his phenomenal physical condition

3) He is playing over 4 mins per game on the PP, which are relatively easy mins.

4) He has never looked better

So from my point of view, if it becomes a problem, I would expect Krueger to adjust.  It’s not a problem right now though.

7 minutes ago, Curt said:

Well, maybe that’s a concern.  Jack is at 21:39 per game.  He has exceeded 24 mins 5 times in 33 games.  It’s not the highest TOI in the league for a forward, but it’s kind of close.  However.......

1) He has never looked better

2) He has always been know for his phenomenal physical condition

3) He is playing over 4 mins per game on the PP, which are relatively easy mins.

4) He has never looked better

So from my point of view, if it becomes a problem, I would expect Krueger to adjust.  It’s not a problem right now though.

I agree with you.

Let me clarify my original premise.

If we had a seasoned veteran team that we could spread the work load over 3 lines to compensate for the lack of a fourth line I can see this as doable.

We're hanging on by a thread here without that. How long Jack can keep this pace?  Mojo? Larry? They have all elevated their games. How long will it last under a heavier work load?

If they get a 3rd for Bogo and bring Lazar up from Rochester I would feel much better.

Edited by woods-racer

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.