GDT: Nashville @ Buffalo; 7:00 pm EDT, 12-12-2019

MODO Hockey

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

I won’t derail the post game - I’ve been meaning to post this in the music thread… But a couple weeks ago I went to Mississauga to participate in a Triumph documentary. People applied to be one of 150 fans to be a part of it and it was one of the most incredible things I’ve ever done in my life… it was ***** amazing. I got to see them play 3 songs for the film. Front row with Rik Emmett about 6 ft away from me. 

B5D47A1D-D654-4CE5-A20D-19198896A4E9.jpeg

Rik Emmett can shred!

Watched Jack's post game in locker room interview and got 2 points from it.

1. *Takin care of business* was blaring and they had to talk loud to hear each other. There's confidence in that room, not a lucky we got 2 points feeling, we won that feel because we're better vibe.

2. It's tough to play in our barn. Good work along the walls and working hard in our d-zone as a forward. 

And lastly, they sucked me in. The hook is coming out the bottom of my jaw. 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, dudacek said:

And any GM who turned down a “fair” deal for Risto over the summer has got to be kicking himself right now. Right now, he’s playing like the player we hoped he would turn into 3 years ago.

And to the GM who kept him even though he sounded broken during his locker cleanout interview...

clapping applause GIF

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Another solid win, they are playing again like they did in October. A team game where our LOG line sets a tone and our top players play like top players.

Eichel has truly embraced his captaincy it seems; we saw it some last year but it ebbed away as the season fell apart. This year he's kept it together through the highs and the lows with a consistent desire to help his team win. 

Please Botts, send young Mitts to Rochester and let him regain his confidence.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

And to the GM who kept him even though he sounded broken during his locker cleanout interview...

clapping applause GIF

I credit Krueger more, for lowering his ice time. I credit Botterill for acquiring Dahlin’s long term 1st pairing RD in Jokiharju in the heist of the century. 

19 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

I was thinking the same thing.

Has to be worth at least a serviceable third line wing.

Mittelstadt has way more value than that. Still young, I wouldn’t be LOOKING to move him. 

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This is Krueger’s Greatest Effect, Jack is a different player on and off the ice 

It should be noted that Jack’s demeanour was actually much improved LAST season. Though I’m sure Krueger has aided in his continued development. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

What a difference a month makes.  Last month the Sabres scored 34 and gave up 47 in 14 games.  So far this month they have scored 27 and given up 18 in 6.  HUGE improvement in the play.

It should be noted their advanced metrics were average to good since Sweden 

• Like (+1) 1

Really dug the 11-7 F-D lineup tonight

Enough positives have been mentioned for the Captain, Risto, Larsson, Ullmark, VO, and Joker among many others that are well deserved. 

Let's also give a shoutout to Okposo tonight who could not be moved off the puck whatsoever tonight, either. He's looked terrific ever since returning from injury. Jack's praise of the LOG line in the postgame put a big grin on my face, too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SDS said:

I won’t derail the post game - I’ve been meaning to post this in the music thread… But a couple weeks ago I went to Mississauga to participate in a Triumph documentary. People applied to be one of 150 fans to be a part of it and it was one of the most incredible things I’ve ever done in my life… it was ***** amazing. I got to see them play 3 songs for the film. Front row with Rik Emmett about 6 ft away from me. 

B5D47A1D-D654-4CE5-A20D-19198896A4E9.jpeg

I liked a lot about tonight.

But nothing more than this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.