• Any draft pick outside of round 1
    • A second or third round pick
    • Nothing higher than 4th rounder
    • Evan Rodrigues
    • Connor Sheary
    • Any prospect not named Cozens
    • Casey Mittlestadt

5 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

We just traded a second and fifth for him.  He has term and not a bad AAV.  No. 

I understand, truly I do. But...……….I am sure he just loves rotating in and out of the press box due to the "over abundance" of Sabres D.

Or, putting it directly, he wouldn't be rotated in and out if he earned it?

Just saying...…….

I'd trade for Galchenyuk.  He needs RK in the worst way.  He is so talented and if we can steal him why not give him a try.  He is also the Risto of forwards.  40-55 pts each season, but not exactly defensively aware.  

Why would Pitts want to dump him already.  They'd be selling low.  

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I mean don't we already have this player?  A guy who is supposed to score more goals but just doesn't for whatever reason?  Basically he is Jimmy Vesey at this point in his career,

He is definitely a more accomplished goal scorer and better PP player than Vesey.  Just glancing at what the two have done over their careers shows this pretty clearly.

Is he fast and a solid forechecker for how our team is supposed to play? Does he win puck battles? Does he limit his defensive gaffes so he isn't a liability (hopefully, as he's been in the NHL for 8 years).

I don't see anything in his basic career stats that stands out apart from a 30-goal season a few years back. He's a career 45% for faceoffs, so he'd fit right in with us. He averages a hit every other game, so he's as aggressive as the rest of top six. He's JAG that this point, isn't he?

6 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Is he fast and a solid forechecker for how our team is supposed to play? Does he win puck battles? Does he limit his defensive gaffes so he isn't a liability (hopefully, as he's been in the NHL for 8 years).

I don't see anything in his basic career stats that stands out apart from a 30-goal season a few years back. He's a career 45% for faceoffs, so he'd fit right in with us. He averages a hit every other game, so he's as aggressive as the rest of top six. He's JAG that this point, isn't he?

Is a JAG anyone who isn’t a star player?

Thats the only way I can wrap my head around a player who consistently scores at 20+ goal/season pace being a JAG.

9 minutes ago, Curt said:

Is a JAG anyone who isn’t a star player?

Thats the only way I can wrap my head around a player who consistently scores at 20+ goal/season pace being a JAG.

I think JAGs are relative to their situation/setup. His career numbers look like a 2nd line winger. 20-25-45 with PP time. That's comparable to Pominville or Okposo or Reinhart who've been our 1st/2nd RWs the last few years. That'd be good for us because we aren't getting that from our 2 RW this year, be it Sobotka or Sheary.

But I'm uninformed on the player and that's why I need everyone to sell me on him. Does his game and style work for what we want to do? Could he help Skinner-MoJo become a dynamic 2nd line that can carry the team for a few stretches this year?

What I see from stats this year is a guy who needs a change of scenery. For Pitt, Galchenyuk is skating less that 13 minutes a night on a team that's been missing Crosby for a month. He's only taken 4 face-offs this year so he's only a winger. For them, he's JAG.

27 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I think JAGs are relative to their situation/setup. His career numbers look like a 2nd line winger. 20-25-45 with PP time. That's comparable to Pominville or Okposo or Reinhart who've been our 1st/2nd RWs the last few years. That'd be good for us because we aren't getting that from our 2 RW this year, be it Sobotka or Sheary.

But I'm uninformed on the player and that's why I need everyone to sell me on him. Does his game and style work for what we want to do? Could he help Skinner-MoJo become a dynamic 2nd line that can carry the team for a few stretches this year?

What I see from stats this year is a guy who needs a change of scenery. For Pitt, Galchenyuk is skating less that 13 minutes a night on a team that's been missing Crosby for a month. He's only taken 4 face-offs this year so he's only a winger. For them, he's JAG.

He is an extremely skilled/talented player.  I’m not going to try to sell him though because I actually think there are some character/off ice concerns there.  But if the cost is Scandella or Bogo, I’m in I guess.

57 minutes ago, Curt said:

He is an extremely skilled/talented player.  I’m not going to try to sell him though because I actually think there are some character/off ice concerns there.  But if the cost is Scandella or Bogo, I’m in I guess.

A rental F for a rental D? That uses our surplus to our advantage, even if don't include Galchenyuk in any long-term plans. But... as to character... we can't afford anyone to float. We're not talented enough to cover for the one guy who just shows up once in awhile.

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

A rental F for a rental D? That uses our surplus to our advantage, even if don't include Galchenyuk in any long-term plans. But... as to character... we can't afford anyone to float. We're not talented enough to cover for the one guy who just shows up once in awhile.

I hear you.  I don’t watch him too often, so I really can’t vouch for him.

1 minute ago, R_Dudley said:

I voted a No go.

I have seen him in a bunch of games here since the Pens did their trade/salary dump of Kessel for him and he has done nothing and is softer than yogurt. 

Dudley, I'm with you on the softer than yogurt.  Pass.  We need guys that are harder than Superman's kneecap.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.