The Eichel Elite Body Language Thread

PASabreFan

During this hot streak, maybe during this fifth season in general, Eichs has upped his personality game quite a bit. I see this swagger, confidence more than cockiness, as he drifts around before a faceoff. He's like the grizzly bear in with the brown bears and that mangy thing no one ever takes a picture of. The mouth agape after the disallowed goal was tremendous — iconic, maybe, if it becomes a thing after big goals. It's Perreault-esque and perhaps Jack's statue outside the arena will have that expression. It's all certainly highly preferred over the eye rolls, rafter glances, stick snaps and lazy line changes of his early days.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

In a frustrating season we are seeing that a star is born 

2 points.

1.  IF the Sabres win tonight, they are exactly 2 points off the 96 through 80 that guarantees a playoff spot.  Finding ONE extra win over 6 per 10 over the next FIFTY games has them in the playoffs.

2.  Eichel is echoing McKinnon's career but with a very slight amplification to date.  He's shown no reason at all for us not to believe that trend will continue.

• Like (+1) 2

Good OP. His open-mouthed reaction last night was a perfect example. No anger, not childish, just a guy who looks like he’s having a lot of fun acting flabbergasted. Probably self-aware enough even in moment to know he was creating a likely meme. 

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

2 points.

1.  IF the Sabres win tonight, they are exactly 2 points off the 96 through 80 that guarantees a playoff spot.  Finding ONE extra win over 6 per 10 over the next FIFTY games has them in the playoffs.

2.  Eichel is echoing McKinnon's career but with a very slight amplification to date.  He's shown no reason at all for us not to believe that trend will continue.

It really depends if one wants to put more stock in their record as a whole, or the 5 wins in last 20 stretch.

Just like last year, there is PLENTY of opportunity for the ship to be righted before it’s too late, and the GM has to be proactive and make a move rather than simply remaining content in his job security. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

It really depends if one wants to put more stock in their record as a whole, or the 5 wins in last 20 stretch.

Just like last year, there is PLENTY of opportunity for the ship to be righted before it’s too late, and the GM has to be proactive and make a move rather than simply remaining content in his job security. 

And that's true. 

But this season, that smidge off pace seems like the real team rather than the horrid streak being the real one like it was last year.

Not going to look up how they did in all 8 - 10 game increments last year, but almost positive they never got 10 points again in a 10 game segment after the win streak ended.

They just got 11 out of this 10 game segment.  And this one included a 5 game in 7 day stretch.

Getting the power play fixed; getting Hutton's play picked up to the point Ullmark doesn't have to start 75% of the games; or finally making that trade for forward help - any of these could be the piece that gets them from close to actually being in. 

11 points in 10 games puts them at 88 through 80.  Not good enough to get them in, but close enough that fixing SOMETHING might get them in.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

I mostly agree with this except for two things...

1 - His line changes are still lazy.  In fact the entire team is guilty.   They look at their captain glide 40-50ft to the bench and figure they can do the same.   A bad habit from the tank years.  Watch good teams and you'll notice the difference immediately.

2 - His reaction when he gets tossed from the dot.   Every single time he throws a mini tantrum towards the linesman like he's been unjustly accused of murder.  It's childish at best.

Other than that he's getting better.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SDS said:

It has to do with the wavelength dependence of light scattering off particles in the air. It goes as x^4, where x=wavelength. 

x would actually be the wave number k = 2pi/wavelength, so the scattering cross section (probability to scatter radiation from the sun into an area) is 1/wavelength^4. Which means that the scattering probability is higher for shorter wavelengths, so blue light gets scattered more readily of the visible components

28 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

x would actually be the wave number k = 2pi/wavelength, so the scattering cross section (probability to scatter radiation from the sun into an area) is 1/wavelength^4. Which means that the scattering probability is higher for shorter wavelengths, so blue light gets scattered more readily of the visible components

You guys are going to need to take it to the back alley.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm aware - optics is what I do. "It goes" was my overly lazy way of pointing out the relationship. I left out "inverse" for brevity.

1 minute ago, SDS said:

I'm aware - optics is what I do. "It goes" was my overly lazy way of pointing out the relationship. I left out "inverse" for brevity.

My apologies that you do optics!!

(I'm just kidding - I have an optics final exam tonight and it's my least favorite class I've ever taken during my physics journey) 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.