GDT: Sabres at Edmonton 12/08/19 8 pm EST

SwampD

33 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Is it just me, or does the fourth line look really good, with Okposo back in the lineup? I know having a guy with his salary playing on the 4th line stings, but I really like what he adds.

Two remarks about that:

1. Okposo clearly does not take this position on the team for granted and does all he can to show he belongs.  He's a very hard worker and can play a heavy game, something this team needs.

2. Don't worry about his salary.  We have several players on ELCs that are bargains for the value they provide.  It was worse when we had several of those high, long-term contracts, but after this year his is the only one left.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Two remarks about that:

1. Okposo clearly does not take this position on the team for granted and does all he can to show he belongs.  He's a very hard worker and can play a heavy game, something this team needs.

2. Don't worry about his salary.  We have several players on ELCs that are bargains for the value they provide.  It was worse when we had several of those high, long-term contracts, but after this year his is the only one left.

He’s taken his new role on the team and is exceeding expectations in it. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think Reinhart has had a poor little stretch here. He's got to be better and drive play more. 

Miller was good and I think deserves to keep his spot. 

Okposo is doing everything right in his role. 

The PP is anemic and PK not aggressive enough. Frustrating to watch because either one of those getting fixed really boosts this team up a level. 

I'd still like to see Skinner get some Eichel time even if it bumps Reinhart down a line. 

Mittelstadt should sit another game or go to Rochester, he's clearly not ready. 

Jokiharju is steady. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The PP is anemic and PK not aggressive enough. Frustrating to watch because either one of those getting fixed really boosts this team up a level. 

Columbus brought in MacClean for this reason and saw an immediate improvement in their Special Teams, whether or not it’s sustainable is a different story 

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Columbus brought in MacClean for this reason and saw an immediate improvement in their Special Teams, whether or not it’s sustainable is a different story 

Idk who is in charge of it but they are failing. They need to change fast. 

• Like (+1) 1

Risto seemed solid last night. I am of the opinion that his minutes being managed helps him. I saw he crept back up to 25min the last 2 games but some of that is OT related and I think he can handle it in short stretches here and there. I am stating an opinion of mine. I apparently need to let everyone know that it's an opinion. 

25 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Except for Jimmy Vesey.  He pressures the points pretty well and has a few breakaways to show for it.

I've like vesey the last couple weeks. He's finally settled in and is playing well. 

• Like (+1) 1

Here's what I like about Vesey, and this is something I couldn't say earlier in the year:  He skates hard and hustles.  He's not the fastest guy out there, but he does what he can with what he's got.  He also seems to have an above average hockey IQ which is what makes him good on defense.  It's like he has this alarm that goes off in his head and he realizes he'd better get back to help the D or there's gonna be trouble.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.