GDT: Sabres at Edmonton 12/08/19 8 pm EST

SwampD

17 minutes ago, Thorny said:

They didn’t really play that well, but what matters is the W. 

We’d probably have lost it Hutton was in. It’s clear who the “starter” is. 

Agree. No way we win with Hutton in there.  Linus made some big saves. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It’s not even that he made big saves, he just made the routine ones.

I think Hutton is on a 9 game losing streak.  Time to play Linus 2 games out of 3 or we will never stay in the race.  We need a few win streaks, until Hutton start making more saves he should be limited.   

I went for a 5 mile run after the 2nd, was happy to see a win in OT when I checked the score once I was finished, but it's sad that their play didn't captivate me at all to sit and watch the rest. 

Sad state of affairs, this fanbase still deserves better and these players deserve more from GM J-not 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

They shut out both of the league’s two leading scorers. Only the 4th team to do that this year.

4-3-3 in their last 10. Still clinging to a playoff spot.

Life could be worse.

10th in points % in the conference, but the Rangers being ahead there wouldn’t mean anything as long as a division spot is still available. 

Tampa being ahead in % is the concerning bit cause they’d presumably take that division spot and it’ll be tough to hold them off.

But looking at the micro this early is probably pointless. Considering we are only 3 points off the second wild card anyways. 

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I went for a 5 mile run after the 2nd, was happy to see a win in OT when I checked the score once I was finished, but it's sad that their play didn't captivate me at all to sit and watch the rest. 

Sad state of affairs, this fanbase still deserves better and these players deserve more from GM J-not 

To me Eichel has been worth the price of admission. In the darkest days of the tank it was indeed foretold that one of the greatest benefits of acquiring a player like that was for exactly that reason: the entertainment he provides in what at the end of the day is an entertainment product. 

I was definitely cheering the fact Eichel’s streak moved to 13 at the same time I was cheering the win. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

To me Eichel has been worth the price of admission. In the darkest days of the tank it was indeed foretold that one of the greatest benefits of acquiring a player like that was for exactly that reason: the entertainment he provides in what at the end of the day is an entertainment product. 

I was definitely cheering the fact Eichel’s streak moved to 13 at the same time I was cheering the win. 

I was happy to see he had an assist in OT, but watching the 8 minute highlights was sufficient for me, which is not something I would have said in years prior. I don't want my Fandom to waver, but when running seems like a better option than finishing the game, something is wrong 

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

For some reason, this is what I imagine Liger looks like IRL.  I don't know why.

Doesn’t he have a cat as his avatar? I find that I sometimes subconsciously picture people as their avatar if it’s in any way applicable. 

Yes, that means I picture you looking like Gil. 

Envisioning Deluca as George Costanza is one of my favourites, he always had that as his pic as well as I can remember, though I was only a lurker when he was around. 

Edited by Thorny

Nice to get a win. Great puck possession in OT. Pity we can't string 60 minute efforts like that together on a regular basis. We held their (one) big line and that's an accomplishment.

Bogo was way off his game tonight. Not sure what was happening with him. Ullmark solid. Mitts should go to Rochester. 

Now my question. Why does this team too often like to go for line changes when somebody gets a breakaway rather than trying to join the rush or come in for a rebound. See this all too often. Breakaway guy (Vesey in this case) just left to go it alone. This team has to learn how to seize moments and press them. But anyway, a win's a win. 

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

They shut out both of the league’s two leading scorers. Only the 4th team to do that this year.

4-3-3 in their last 10. Still clinging to a playoff spot.

Life could be worse.

Larry is McDavid’s Kryptonite

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

10th in points % in the conference, but the Rangers being ahead there wouldn’t mean anything as long as a division spot is still available. 

Tampa being ahead in % is the concerning bit cause they’d presumably take that division spot and it’ll be tough to hold them off.

But looking at the micro this early is probably pointless. Considering we are only 3 points off the second wild card anyways. 

Keep pace and hope that Botterill makes a trade 

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Nice to get a win. Great puck possession in OT. Pity we can't string 60 minute efforts like that together on a regular basis. We held their (one) big line and that's an accomplishment.

Bogo was way off his game tonight. Not sure what was happening with him. Ullmark solid. Mitts should go to Rochester. 

Now my question. Why does this team too often like to go for line changes when somebody gets a breakaway rather than trying to join the rush or come in for a rebound. See this all too often. Breakaway guy (Vesey in this case) just left to go it alone. This team has to learn how to seize moments and press them. But anyway, a win's a win. 

One could argue that Bogo has been off most of the year

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

Please don’t say Pilut.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Pilut > Bogo and McCabe 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I was happy to see he had an assist in OT, but watching the 8 minute highlights was sufficient for me, which is not something I would have said in years prior. I don't want my Fandom to waver, but when running seems like a better option than finishing the game, something is wrong 

When someone prefers running to any other activity, there is clearly something wrong with that person.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.