GDT: Sabres at Vancouver 12/07/19 4 pm EST

bob_sauve28

It just doesn't matter anymore. Botterill needs to address the roster now, like in the next 7 to 14 days, if this season is to have a chance of being salvaged.

Not only the PK and top 6 situation, but body size, possession players and another goalie to be honest.

We'll know by Christmas if this is another write off season or they'd like to actually make a push. One thing is certain, the way it is looking now, Jacks first 5 seasons are fast becoming a wasted career here in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Their goaltending is average to decidedly well below average and their special teams stink. If they hadn’t been bad for so long we’d all be kind of encouraged by this.

It’s encouraging, though it’s hard to be that encouraged when, well, no apparent end in sight for goalie issues. And special teams (I guess?) could be improved. 

We still desperately need that one top 6 forward addition, but yes there are good things to point to. 

On the other, more important hand though, we’ve lost 15 of our last 20 games. So does it really matter? 

6 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I didn’t catch it but regardless what a tacky way to screw a team in OT when it is usually let go in OT. 

We got a lot of calls.  Lots of PPs.   Poor call but no excuse.  This should not have gone to OT. 

Terrible first period, terrible PP, terrible PK. 

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Good: 
Risto
Sam
Skinner
Kyle
Larsson

Bad:
Joki
Montour
McCabe
Bogosian
Mittelstadt

Average:
the rest

4 defenseman on your list.  That was our alleged strength.  

McCabe was very bad.  Joker had a tough night.  Bogo is rusty and looks sloppy with the puck. 

Mitts is just not ready for all the responsibilities he had   We need a real #2 , Johansson is not a center.  

Hutton underwhelmed as usual. I really do not care for his “veteran presence”.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

That play is never ignored in OT, it had the effect of a blatant pick even if it was unintentional 

They have before against Buffalo. I can recall a game against Toronto 2 years ago where they picked a Sabre to open the lane and score. 

Regardless I’m sick of losing and I’m sick of waiting for Botts to do something. 

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

DO SOMETHING JASON 

Jason's Sabres have had stretches of:
2017-18:
5 wins in 22 games
5 wins in 23 games
3 wins in 14 games

2018-19:
8 wins in 26 games
3 wins in 24 games

2019-20:
5 wins in 20 games

With none of these stretches overlapping. He made zero trades during any of those, except Wilson for a 5th. He ain't doin *****, hell 5 in 20 is pretty dang good by these standards lol 

Edit: Kane trade came between two of those stretches

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Jason's Sabres have had stretches of:
2017-18:
5 wins in 22 games
5 wins in 23 games
3 wins in 14 games

2018-19:
8 wins in 26 games
3 wins in 24 games

2019-20:
5 wins in 20 games

With none of these stretches overlapping. He made zero trades during any of those, except Wilson for a 5th I believe during one of the 17-18 ones, and the Kane trade. He ain't doin *****, hell 5 in 20 is pretty dang good by these standards lol 

As a GM he is slow to move.  Expect nothing from him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.