GDT: Sabres at Vancouver 12/07/19 4 pm EST

bob_sauve28

Eichel and Buffalo take on Vancouver

Buffalo Sabres (13-11-5, third in the Atlantic Division) vs. Vancouver Canucks (14-11-4, fourth in the Pacific Division)

Vancouver, British Columbia; Saturday, 4 p.m. EST

BOTTOM LINE: Jack Eichel and Buffalo square off against Vancouver. He’s seventh in the in the NHL with 39 points, scoring 18 goals and totaling 21 assists.

The Canucks have gone 6-3-3 in home games. Vancouver leads the NHL with 30 power-play goals, led by Elias Pettersson with six.

The Sabres have gone 5-8-2 away from home. Buffalo has scored 17 power-play goals, converting on 18.1% of chances.

The teams meet Saturday for the first time this season

TOP PERFORMERS: Pettersson leads the Canucks with 32 points, scoring 12 goals and collecting 20 assists. Quinn Hughes has totaled 11 assists over the last 10 games for Vancouver.

Eichel leads the Sabres with 39 points, scoring 18 goals and adding 21 assists. Victor Olofsson has four goals and six assists over the last 10 games for Buffalo.

LAST 10 GAMES: Sabres: 3-5-2, averaging three goals, 4.6 assists, four penalties and 8.6 penalty minutes while allowing 3.1 goals per game with a .905 save percentage.

Canucks: 4-5-1, averaging 3.3 goals, 5.8 assists, 3.5 penalties and 7.3 penalty minutes while giving up 3.5 goals per game with a .896 save percentage.

Canucks Injuries: None listed.

Sabres Injuries: Rasmus Dahlin: out (upper body).

Edited by bob_sauve28

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

About to make the jump to hyperspace. Should be in Vancouver in oh... 200 hours. 

Traveling through western Canada ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a mountain or bounce too close to a moose and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Its raining today so I'm not going to hang any Christmas lights outside and my boys don't have any hockey of their own due to a league select camp which my 13yo made but he's day-to-day with a broken big toe that he injured on a stationary bike on Wednesday when his foot got smashed between the pedal and something I don't really understand how it happened anyway they won't let him play in the scrimmages today and tomorrow because he didn't go to the practice last night and if you miss a single session you're disqualified and there is no refund which sucks so long story short I'll watch the Sabres game because there's really nothing else to do thanks for listening.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Why? Why is this story going to have to end badly? Why can't some common sense intervene?

I'm sure Okposo wants to play and since this organization is more concerned with appeasing the players than winning hockey games they'll put him right back into full-time duty.    

7 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

This game has "special teams failure dooms sabres" written all over it. 

I predict they come out ready to play and look good for a period or two before the wheels come off losing in OT.   

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Okposo in 

Miller out 

Hutton in net 

Because Kyle Okposo and his 1 goal in his last 18 games is more deserving than a guy you went out and plucked in free agency from a Stanley Cup finalist team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.