Sign in to follow this  
Mustache of God

GDT: Sabres at Flames, THURSDAY 12/05/19, 9:00 pm ET

It was pretty obvious in the first that Buffalo did not care about winning this game tonight. They need to get absolutely Rock Bottom once again and try to figure out how to build a good team, not just how to scrape and Claw to get to the 8th spot

Just now, 7+6=13 said:

Linus the flopping fish

That's what I get for paying him a compliment earlier today.

Just now, SwampD said:

Once again, Montour completely underwhelms.

Looks like Bogo is the one to miss the pass to the goal scorer, and the one that left Montour in a 3 on 1 sitch in the first place, eh?

This is a good post to point out that montour's tenure here would put him at 41 points in an 82 game season, and all but 3 of his points are at even strength 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 7+6=13 said:

I just don't see it that way.  I like RK but this team needs more than teaching.  They need their a$$ chewed out and a swift kick.

Fundamentally, the Sabres are a horror show.  They had better zone coverage under Nolan, and that's not saying much.

Being gritty and constantly out of position doesn't fix their problems, albeit the games would be more entertaining (like under Nolan).

Geez lets get urgent out there.  You have a two man advantage and allow them to clear.  NO EFFORT

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

What kind of strategy is this????

There is none

They spend half the power play trying to get the right handed shots on the left and left handed shots on the right.  From there if a one-timer from the face off circle isn't available, just keep passing until it is!!  Put some bodies in front of the net and shoot the friggen puck

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not mad we lost.  It’s simply disheartening how inept we looked doing it.  I honestly have to wonder if RK knows what he is doing.  Great motivator but the tactics are astoundingly ineffective.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Fundamentally, the Sabres are a horror show.  They had better zone coverage under Nolan, and that's not saying much.

Being gritty and constantly out of position doesn't fix their problems, albeit the games would be more entertaining (like under Nolan).

Nolan’s best forwards in 2014-15 were Ennis and Girgensons.  Just a terrible team. 

• Like (+1) 1

With league average PP and PK this team never gets to the psychological point that lost them this game. That's not a guarantee they win it, but they were up 1-0 with a 5 on 3.