GDT: Sabres at Flames, THURSDAY 12/05/19, 9:00 pm ET

Mustache of God

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Well you are arguing two different things. You said there was "zero" chance he was even top 2 in D giveaways. And, by the stats, he is. He has 17 (before today) and Dahlin is worst with 18. 

Your second "no chance", I don't see how we can verify that if we can't put stock in the actual stat, like you said we shouldn't. So...ya. 

The stats are junk, as every skater on this team has more giveaways than that in a 10 game span haha. I once watched a couple games and tried to match the giveaway count in the stat column to what I was seeing on the ice and the differences were ungodly large, and I simply could not figure out what they were counting or looking at. 

We have a large enough sample of several players who vomit the puck like it's norovirus that there is no way you could convince me Jokiharju approaches them without meticulous video documentation, but that documentation would never show that result

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

The stats are junk, as every skater on this team has more giveaways than that in a 10 game span haha. I once watched a couple games and tried to match the giveaway count in the stat column to what I was seeing on the ice and the differences were ungodly large, and I simply could not figure out what they were counting or looking at. 

We have a large enough sample of several players who vomit the puck like it's norovirus that there is no way you could convince me Jokiharju approaches them without meticulous video documentation, but that documentation would never show that result

I was more just ribbing anyways. If you are honest with yourself, you know what this thread would have looked liked if Dahlin shot it into his pads and they went and scored. 

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I loved Miller being repulsed over and over by some kind of slot force field.

In fairness to him, the one egregious evacuation was because the puck hopped on him, and he would have whiffed the quick shot, which would have sent CGY on another breakaway, it was the right thing to do to regather there

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I was more just ribbing anyways. If you are honest with yourself, you know what this thread would have looked liked if Dahlin shot it into his pads and they went and scored. 

I do know, because I've seen that exact thing a million times.

?

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

In fairness to him, the one egregious evacuation was because the puck hopped on him, and he would have whiffed the quick shot, which would have sent CGY on another breakaway, it was the right thing to do to regather there

I do know, because I've seen that exact thing a million times.

?

Doesn't really change the point I'm making.

- - - 

How is the PP this bad 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.