GDT: Sabres at Flames, THURSDAY 12/05/19, 9:00 pm ET

Mustache of God

25 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

there is a specific circumstance in which that is ... well, a clear sign that you and yours are having a fine time.

Right. 

I think the Jokiharju broke the power play funk and we're going to not want to beat our heads against the wall with the man advantage.

Oloffsson with the peeper tonight.

cut.jpg

Sharpen Up: All the Sabres news you need to know on December 5, 2019

The Buffalo Sabres kick off a three-game road trip tonight. They'll face the Calgary Flames at 9 p.m. on MSG and WGR 550. Pregame coverage begins on MSG at 8:30. 

Here's what you need to know.

• Buffalo is 13-6-3 against the Pacific Division since the beginning of last season, including a 3-0-2 record in their last five games.
  • The Sabres and Flames have had five of their last seven games decided by an overtime goal, including each of the last three meetings in Calgary.
  • With a Sabres win tonight, Buffalo and Calgary will have split their season series for six consecutive seasons.
  • Jack Eichel enters today's game on a 10-game point streak that began on Nov. 16. He has recorded 19 points (9+10) during the league's longest active streak.
  • Eichel has recorded at least one assist in each of the last eight games. With an assist tonight, he'd tie the longest assist streak of his career, set from Feb. 14 to March 4, 2017.
  • This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Flames this season.
  • Last meeting: Calgary defeated Buffalo 3-2 (OT) in Buffalo on Nov. 27
  • The Sabres are 4-3-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Flames; 3-6-1 on the road.
  • Rasmus Ristolainen (1+2) and Brandon Montour (0+3) each enter the game with points in three straight contests. With points tonight, Montour would tie his longest career point streak, set from Nov. 18 to 25, 2018 (1+5), and Ristolainen would set a new season best.
  • Victor Olofsson has recorded points in 11 of his last 13 games (5+7).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Agree. People were really down on Ullmark last year, but that was his rookie year (despite him being in the organization for what feels like forever, which reading up means 2012, so 7 years of development so far!). As a rookie I expected him to struggle but also improve this year, which seems to be the path he's following.

Goalies are weird and take a long time to blossom. I see a lot of chatter about "when is 6K going to be on the Sabres" but I'm more interested to see what Ullmark's ceiling is since we've been watching him for so long.

I've been saying this forever. Ullmark still has the potential to be a great goalie. We'll probably know what his ceiling is by the end of next year. 

4 hours ago, miles said:

Do you think Hutton is secretly injured?

Not sure why he is so broken to the point that he is not even alternating starts. 

I wonder if he is still racing the snail or if he got his stuff together 

It's not so much that he's "broken" as he's been a backup for all but 2 seasons of his career and that 1st time he wasn't was due primarily to injury/ the presumptive starter starting down the road to tire fire.

If he can clean up the 1-2 lack of concentration/ fluke goals he's been allowing each game lately, he might stay close to getting 1/2 the games.

If he can't, we'll 1/3 of the games is still 27 more games than any of us will get assuming Ullmark doesn't keep up his recent strong play and 1/4 of the games is still 20 more than we'd get should Linus keep it up. ?

52 minutes ago, StuckinFL said:

I've been saying this forever. Ullmark still has the potential to be a great goalie. We'll probably know what his ceiling is by the end of next year. 

I don't know about "great", but I'm willing to buy into "solid". He's actually performing under expectations still, but he has been more reliable than Hutton.

6 minutes ago, ... said:

I don't know about "great", but I'm willing to buy into "solid". He's actually performing under expectations still, but he has been more reliable than Hutton.

Yea I agree. Ullmark will settle into being a good solid goalie. Weather it be starter or backup. He’ll stick in the NHL for many years. I project he’ll have a career similar (key word) to Biron/Neuvirth. 

In before the drop, likely out shortly after. Late game, work early. 

Like the way the team has been playing. They had 2 solid days of practice to get special teams back on track. That's a PP back to better than ugly, and penalty kill to die for.  

If that happens should take at least 2 out of the 3 games.

I would be happy with that. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. 

Lets Go Buffalo, make it so. 

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Yea I agree. Ullmark will settle into being a good solid goalie. Weather it be starter or backup. He’ll stick in the NHL for many years. I project he’ll have a career similar (key word) to Biron/Neuvirth. 

...and from what I've seen so far, I think he has the personality to replace Marty behind the mic when his career is over.  He's got a quick wit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.