Sabres' attendance slipping

PASabreFan

32 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

So, you say ... Sabres games have been on it a few times already. So ESPN+ doesn’t stream every Sabres game?

No, just 1 or 2  NHL games per night.  I don't know how it's decided which they stream on any particular day.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Taro T said:

No, but you'll get a veritable truckload of ECAC Hockey. ? 

Really... hmmm.

I think Disney screwed themselves when they let Verizon give away a year of just Disney+... since i get that for free, I am not about to pay the money to add Hulu and ESPN+, although I had considered paying to get the package they had put together.  

I might have to rethink that though.

On 12/4/2019 at 3:00 PM, jsb said:

It's kind of funny reading some of this in that I'm presently in a city without hockey. I pay for my NHL-TV subscription and if I want to see a game live, the closest port is to drive up to Dallas once a year. Which is pretty easy to get advanced tickets for the games. As an example of just the total opposite of Buffalo season ticket holders who sell their seats to Leaf fans, or allow out of towners to purchase seats. Nashville will not sell any tickets via ticketmaster to anyone who doesn't have it imprinted on their birth certificates that they are Predator fans. You must live in the Predator TV area to be able to buy tickets. I'm wanting to go to the Sabres game next month on the 18th, and I'm presently having to use Stubhub to buy tickets which will be 2 here, 2 there and 2 in another place instead of being able to buy 6 in the same general area because my billing zip code isn't in Tennessee or Georgia. I've been researching for hours trying to get around this restriction put on by the Predators mainly to keep out Blackhawk fans and other out-of-towners. If anyone lives in the general area there and you have a better idea, let me know because I'm trying to get my grandkids to a game with me and they're making it near impossible to do so.

I have figured it out.  When you get a Visa gift card, and you want to make an online purchase, you assign a ZIP code to the gift card.  You can assign whatever ZIP you want.  It has to be the disposable kind, not the “reloadable” kind.  So go to Rite Aid or something and buy some gift cards!

Edited by Eleven
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/14/2019 at 9:07 AM, LTS said:

Really... hmmm.

I think Disney screwed themselves when they let Verizon give away a year of just Disney+... since i get that for free, I am not about to pay the money to add Hulu and ESPN+, although I had considered paying to get the package they had put together.  

It's all about subscribers for them though at this point.  They won't be profitable for a few years anyway, so they're just trying to get as many customers as possible, any way they can.

They got me the opposite way.  I was already a subscriber to Hulu commercial free, so I could add Disney and ESPN+ for a buck or two it was a no brainer.

Next couple weeks on ESPN+ are good for Sabres fans, as they have 3 games streaming:

Sabres-Flyers

Bruins-Sabres

Sabres-Bruins

Edited by Thwomp!
incorrect info

On 12/14/2019 at 9:07 AM, LTS said:

Really... hmmm.

My wife got it primarily to stream Big 10 (14, whatever, as long as you don't send your kids to 1 of those schools for math, you should be OK) but there have been a lot of Clarkson and Cornell games (both men & women) and pretty sure most of the rest of the league's games also end up available.

• 2 months later...

Any idea how much tickets are currently at or around center ice?  Thinking of taking the kids to their first game if I can get 'em cheap.  I know it depends on opponent and day of week but I'm just looking for ballpark figure.   

11 hours ago, Indabuff said:

Any idea how much tickets are currently at or around center ice?  Thinking of taking the kids to their first game if I can get 'em cheap.  I know it depends on opponent and day of week but I'm just looking for ballpark figure.   

Just check stub hub?

3 hours ago, Indabuff said:

Thanks.  It's normally someone else buying the tickets.  Haven't purchased Sabres  tickets in over ten years and wasn't sure where to get them the cheapest.

Don't know about center ice or Sabre ticket prices generally, but I keep reading at forums like this one how tickets are commonly available for $8 or something like that.

$50 should buy you a hell of a seat! 

20 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Don't know about center ice or Sabre ticket prices generally, but I keep reading at forums like this one how tickets are commonly available for $8 or something like that.

$50 should buy you a hell of a seat! 

I know right?  Not sure if that's just  exaggeration, scalpers or actual ticket websites.  Figured it would be a good opportunity to take the kiddos when there's elbow room and tickets are cheap.  We can leave if they lose interest (or if I do).   

8 minutes ago, NY2buffalo said:

I said this before in the other thread, all that matters to the team is ticket sales. Lots of reasons why some might not show up other than the "our team is terrible" reason, which is propaganda that you all like to push out 

If someone had other obligations and anyone gave a ***** about the Sabres they would easily be able to sell their tickets at a markup on the secondary market. 

I swear that whether it’s roster construction, ticket sales, arena atmosphere, or player performance there’s a whole lot of people who have forgotten what a winning and successful franchise looks and acts like. 

2 minutes ago, NY2buffalo said:

It's normal for teams to go through cycles of winning and losing. I swear everyone here needs a reality check and learn to be nice to our major and minor teams. What could all of you be doing that's so much more valuable and important

You should probably look up how many teams in NHL history have missed the playoffs 9 years in a row.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, NY2buffalo said:

It's normal for teams to go through cycles of winning and losing. I swear everyone here needs a reality check and learn to be nice to our major and minor teams. What could all of you be doing that's so much more valuable and important

I can think of almost nothing that is less valuable and important than watching a professional sports game for entertainment.

That's part of its charm. 

1 hour ago, Indabuff said:

I know right?  Not sure if that's just  exaggeration, scalpers or actual ticket websites.  Figured it would be a good opportunity to take the kiddos when there's elbow room and tickets are cheap.  We can leave if they lose interest (or if I do).   

You'll probably find some really cheap seats on Stub Hub but....

Their fees will be more than the tickets.

There's usually a few posters on here that have great STH seats that are happy to sell them to you for the going rate of Stub Hub and you both split the difference of the fees. They make a little more and you pay a little less. A win win.

Shop around online. See how much they charge for processing fees and ticket prices then ask if anyone wants to sell some. I'll bet they will be very fair.

1 hour ago, NY2buffalo said:

I said this before in the other thread, all that matters to the team is ticket sales. Lots of reasons why some might not show up other than the "our team is terrible" reason, which is propaganda that you all like to push out 

What does this mean?  Do you think the team is good?

57 minutes ago, NY2buffalo said:

Is this a serious question?

It's not clear whether you're trolling or just from outer space.

59 minutes ago, NY2buffalo said:

I could do these and follow Buffalo sports

13 minutes ago, NY2buffalo said:

I think we're a lot better than we get credit for, especially with the success that's happening in Rochester. No ever talks about that.

Or the newfound defensive depth. In fact they’ve turned that against him.  Rarely you hear about the goalie prospects in the system, but usually only when they had a bad game. 

14 minutes ago, NY2buffalo said:

I think we're a lot better than we get credit for, especially with the success that's happening in Rochester. No ever talks about that.

How much better than 13th in the Eastern Conference do you think the Sabres are?

If they don't fire JB, where do you expect them to finish next year?

2 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Or the newfound defensive depth. In fact they’ve turned that against him.  Rarely you hear about the goalie prospects in the system, but usually only when they had a bad game. 

I think most people here are pleased with the improvements on D -- they just think it's not enough of an accomplishment to outweigh the team's overall failure to improve in the standings during JB's tenure here.

Same question for you:  If they don't fire JB, where do you expect them to finish next year?

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

What does this mean?  Do you think the team is good?

Is this a serious question?

It's not clear whether you're trolling or just from outer space.

Does it matter? Every post is gold, Jerry! Pure gold!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.