What would you offer NJ for Hall?

GASabresIUFAN

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

If its a sign and trade I'd go Mittelstadt + Ristolainen.

Now you're talking.  I think this would work for both teams.

Of course, it goes without saying, Bogo would be compelled to give up his #4, which he would do gladly, I think.  It's well known that Hall wears #4 on his sweater to honour one of the all-time greats and Bogo does not have the same cachet as Hall.

There is zero chance Hall will sign here. He's already set for life money wise and will get paid regardless of where he signs, which will be a team that's a perennial playoff contender.  He wants to play meaningful hockey.

Also, hard pass on Hall. If we're going to throw money at a UFA whose contract will take them well past their prime that player better have some ***** playoff experience, or is Botteril trying to assemble high skilled players with the least amount of playoff experience in the league (Bogo, Skinner, Eichel, Hall)? 

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

There is zero chance Hall will sign here. He's already set for life money wise and will get paid regardless of where he signs, which will be a team that's a perennial playoff contender.  He wants to play meaningful hockey.

Also, hard pass on Hall. If we're going to throw money at a UFA whose contract will take them well past their prime that player better have some ***** playoff experience, or is Botteril trying to assemble high skilled players with the least amount of playoff experience in the league (Bogo, Skinner, Eichel, Hall)? 

Hall played for Krueger in Edmonton.  Players will follow a coach if they liked him, and by all accounts Hall enjoyed Krueger.  He's gone through multiple miserable experiences since.

That being said, I wouldn't pay a ransom for rental Hall.  If they'd take spare parts, sure, but not 1sts and no top prospects not named Thompson.

34 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Hall played for Krueger in Edmonton.  Players will follow a coach if they liked him, and by all accounts Hall enjoyed Krueger.  He's gone through multiple miserable experiences since.

That being said, I wouldn't pay a ransom for rental Hall.  If they'd take spare parts, sure, but not 1sts and no top prospects not named Thompson.

Yeah, I'd take Hall for the kind of package that brought in Skinner, however, I don't think theres a NMC clause hindering Hall's movement and a team looking to make a deep run would pony up a bigger package than what the Sabres would offer.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Well we need a RW or a 2C more so I would not give up much.  

If Hall were signed, Olofsson slides to RW.  Not sure whether he or Reinhart slides down a line, but the LW's are Hall, Skinner, Mittelstadt, & Girgensons.  Not remotely shabby.

And the RW's are Olofsson/ Reinhart, Sam/Victor, Sheary, Vesey/Okposo.  Which also is upgraded from present.

And then the C spine doesn't function as poorly as Eichel, Johansson, Asplund/Larsson, Larry/Rasmus have guys that's can support them enough to make that passable (for now) if it has to be.

All that said, really doubt he ends up a Sabre.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Hard to argue Lance's points.

The world knows we need a top 6 forward, but it's not going to happen until it's the right player at the right price.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.