What would you offer NJ for Hall?

GASabresIUFAN

11 hours ago, inkman said:

A second round pick, maybe...

That's where I would stop. 

Idk how a LW is the missing piece in the top 6 when Skinner is at 11g and 17points and Olofsson has... checks quick... 11g 11A FOR 22 points.

Hall has 4goals and 17a. So where are you playing him and why are we trading assets for a position we legitimately don't need. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

That's where I would stop. 

Idk how a LW is the missing piece in the top 6 when Skinner is at 11g and 17points and Olofsson has... checks quick... 11g 11A FOR 22 points.

Hall has 4goals and 17a. So where are you playing him and why are we trading assets for a position we legitimately don't need. 

I’ve got reservations about the price too, but that aside, why get hung up on the conventional idea of top 6?

Our team is having some success right now with 2 second lines a first line and two spares. Can’t we spread our top six forwards over three good lines?

Wouldnt Eichel/VO Reinhart/Skinner Mojo/Hall make for three dangerous lines?

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’ve got reservations about the price too, but that aside, why get hung up on the conventional idea of top 6?

Our team is having some success right now with 2 second lines a first line and two spares. Can’t we spread our top six forwards over three good lines?

Wouldnt Eichel/VO Reinhart/Skinner Mojo/Hall make for three dangerous lines?

You are still putting assets into a position you don't need. How about instead we get a RW so god forbid Reinhart gets injured there is literally any depth there. 

17 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

It makes no sense to give up anything because he won't be signed long-term here. No rentals until this team makes the playoffs consistently.

Not speaking regarding Hall specifically, but there is value in picking up a rental for a playoff run.  The experience gained by the young  core of this team would be very valuable and may very well shorten the timeline to consistent playoffs and playoff series wins.

• Like (+1) 3

I too would be on board with getting Hall as a rental in order to make the playoffs.  The question is the price. 

If there's no extension as part of the deal, and no real possibility of him staying, then I would have a hard time giving up a good asset.  I can't see giving up Mitts or a #1 for him.  Maybe a #2, but that won't be enough for NJ. 

I suppose it depends what the organization thinks about guys like Borgen and Samuelsson at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You are still putting assets into a position you don't need. How about instead we get a RW so god forbid Reinhart gets injured there is literally any depth there. 

It’s a fair question and since we aren’t really a Cup contender why waste the assets.  However we need more scoring and to get into the playoffs.  We need to do something to bolster this lineup and a talent like Hall would be a great addition.  

When I started the thread I focused on top 6 talent and not position.  

I guess ultimately center or RW is where the need is. 

Why wouldn't he sign here...he's been on record as being a big supporter of Krueger, hasn't he?

I'm sure he also knows Jeff Skinner from their time on Team Canada and both being drafted in the 2010 draft

(Anybody recall the article about what former Edmonton players had to say about Krueger? I can't find it.)

ryan-nugent-hopkins-ralph-krueger-taylor-hall.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Hank said:

I think we would end up regretting the contract it would take to get Hall, let alone the assets we'd have to give up. 

I would agree. I could see it like a Zach Parise contact

Edited by miles

1 hour ago, steveoath said:

Wouldn't be high on my list. The Skinner and Olofsson reasons as stated. A quality RW with term is what we need.

I think a 2C is the pressing need at this time - Moves Johansson back to wing or 3C. Though,  Im liking Asplund / Larsson combo as 3C /4C at the moment though.

In boston was Johansson playing RW?

I'd trade for him in a heartbeat for the right price. I mean 2 years ago MVP, last year hurt, now stuck in a crappy situation. We should be so lucky as to get him. I don't buy the baloney about he's a LW, he's a top THREE FORWARD, a first liner. You can never have enough of these guys. 

Edited by Torpedo Forecheck
  • Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, OhMyDahlin said:

Why wouldn't he sign here...he's been on record as being a big supporter of Krueger, hasn't he?

I'm sure he also knows Jeff Skinner from their time on Team Canada and both being drafted in the 2010 draft

(Anybody recall the article about what former Edmonton players had to say about Krueger? I can't find it.)

ryan-nugent-hopkins-ralph-krueger-taylor-hall.jpeg

Never thought about this but the Krueger effect might be in play here.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.