New Jersey at Buffalo, 7pm, Dec. 2, 2019, MSG, WGR.

Eleven

On Eichels goal where he was left all alone ... Reinhart drew the defender to him along the side of the net which left Eichel all alone in front. 
On Jokers goal, Reinhart kept it in by feeding it to Eichel down low along the boards. Then Eichel throws it in front where it eventually finds Joker.

Nice big plays that at first glance look like little nothing plays to those who only point watch.

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 4

On 12/2/2019 at 8:09 AM, LGR4GM said:

Losing against the Devils at home is a completely unacceptable outcome. 

Because they are really bad. Glad to see us dominate. Was looking at some shot metrics and even if overall shots were close, we had far better shots overall. Way more slot and in close shots compared to NJD and the point shots. 

7 hours ago, Zamboni said:

On Eichels goal where he was left all alone ... Reinhart drew the defender to him along the side of the net which left Eichel all alone in front. 
On Jokers goal, Reinhart kept it in by feeding it to Eichel down low along the boards. Then Eichel throws it in front where it eventually finds Joker.

Nice big plays that at first glance look like little nothing plays to those who only point watch.

I'm sorry but we are trading Reinhart to Seattle for future considerations because he doesn't do anything. (sarcasm)

• SDS unpinned this topic
11 hours ago, Thorny said:

Back in the playoffs. Should be noted that after the "slide" last year where we fell out, we never got back in. 

Not this time. 

They also never won 2 in a row after the slide started (I know).  That's what I need to see right now, but it needs to be more than just 2.  Yes, they have taken 6 of the last 8 points with no real losses over 4 games, but there's still no winning streak in there.

9 hours ago, Doohickie said:

If you look at the Sabres logo history online, you'll find versions of the new and old crossed sabres/charging buffalo logo that have red eyes.  A friend of mine got me a Sabres logo patch, I assume it's supposed to be vintage since there is no gray/silver highlight lines, and it has a red eye.

I didn't mean to imply the logo never had a red eye. My bad. The interesting thing was the red nose. Not sure what that was all about.

23 hours ago, Eleven said:

I remember when he was suddenly my Uber driver one day.  That was kind of cool.  He signed an autograph for my dad.

Is that the time Ed said something like no one probably remembers me? I suspect that some people in the media don't realize what they mean to people. We bring them into our lives and homes and befriend them if we like them. It's a lonely world.

22 hours ago, Neo said:

What a great evening.  I started late, but am catching up with NHL TV’s “Watch from the beginning” option.   During my astonishingly Zelig-like life, I had the opportunity to meet the Knox family more than once.  I’ll spare everyone a “Devo”-lution into current events and culture wars, but think its worth saying that they were wonderful human beings.  I’m the son of humble South Buffalo union workers and the product of public schools and the lessons of working papers on my sixteenth birthday.  I’ve delivered papers, mowed lawns, washed dished, mixed concrete and cleaned chimneys. I worked midnight to 8 am at the Ridge Road McDonalds on weekends in Lackawanna (you can’t scare me).  I wouldn't have it any other way.  But I have no envy of, nor bias against, the wealthy, most of whom I know to be hard working risk takers.  It’s not birth or luck that makes them different.  I know a lot of them.

I think the Knox family has a lot to do with the respect and admiration I have for those who succeed and serve.  Hard working, gracious and generous are the first words I think of.  We occasionally see the word “patrician”.  The Knoxes were patrician.  They spent money, lost money, so hockey could be here.  They charged less for seats when the league and other owners told them to charge more (“oh, we could never”).  They gave.  Seymour was gregarious and the face of the family when politicians, business people, educators, artists, and development officers were paraded into board rooms to meet them.  Norty was quieter, a serious business man.  Seymour greeted you with a broad smile and outstretched hand.  Norty greeted you with a steely gaze, arms folded across his chest, and a polite nod.  They didn't know me from Adam, but I was around a bit for a few years.  “How’s your boy?” When they wanted a partnership, they invited you into their home.  They served drinks and mingled.  It couldn’t be easy, always being “on”.  Gracious.  They built, they cared, they gave back.

I get “Chet and Muffy”.  I make the joke, too.   Because of the Knoxes, I don’t forget they’re real, live, people.

Seymour the 3rd's great grandfather was a farmer. His grandfather didn't finish high school. He took on odd jobs, moved around and invested his life savings in his 20s to open a five and dime store that would lead to a little company called Woolworth's. His father was a philanthropist, arts patron and director of a bank his own father (Seymour the 2nd for those who are getting lost) had invested or bought into.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Is that the time Ed said something like no one probably remembers me? I suspect that some people in the media don't realize what they mean to people. We bring them into our lives and homes and befriend them if we like them. It's a lonely world.

He said that I probably wouldn't remember him. He thought I was too young. I must have been wearing a hat, because although I still have a baby face, the grey hair on the sides is a dead giveaway now.

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Seymour the 4th's great grandfather was a farmer. His grandfather didn't finish high school. He took on odd jobs, moved around and invested his life savings in his 20s to open a five and dime store that would lead to a little company called Woolworth's. His father was a philanthropist, arts patron and director of a bank his own father (Seymour the 2nd for those who are getting lost) had invested or bought into.

"The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn *****... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it. "

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Sorry if I'm late to this: Was that Jean Knox in the pre-game ceremony? I used to see a lot of her comments on certain Facebook posts (I'm not even sure who our mutual connections were/are). Her posts were often a little loony-sounding, but also quite delightful.

She always has a beatific look on her face. You should read Bob Swados' book. He has some things to say about her.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Seymour the 4th's great grandfather was a farmer.

No, his great-grandfather was a schoolteacher and entrepreneur.

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

His grandfather didn't finish high school.

Yes, he did.  Nichols, in fact.  Then Yale.  He was a director of Marine Midland at the age of 23.  The sort of position that only wealth gets you at that age.

The Knoxes were not poor, and Seymour III was no self-starter (nor was II).  IV is a bit of an enigma; the family fortune has been protected from his hands.

Edited by Eleven

34 minutes ago, Eleven said:

No, his great-grandfather was a schoolteacher and entrepreneur.

Yes, he did.  Nichols, in fact.  Then Yale.  He was a director of Marine Midland at the age of 23.  The sort of position that only wealth gets you at that age.

The Knoxes were not poor, and Seymour III was no self-starter (nor was II).  IV is a bit of an enigma; the family fortune has been protected from his hands.

Farmer

Seymour I

Seymour II

Our Seymour.

No?

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Farmer

Seymour I

Seymour II

Our Seymour.

No?

Yes, but your post referred to "Seymour the 4th," which is not "our Seymour."

Also, "farmer" doesn't necessarily mean he was hoeing a plot of dirt (although it could).

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yes, but your post referred to "Seymour the 4th," which is not "our Seymour."

Also, "farmer" doesn't necessarily mean he was hoeing a plot of dirt (although it could).

I clearly meant Seymour the 3rd (fourth in the line I was describing).

I'll show myself out.

13 hours ago, Eleven said:

Initially I read this as him being the director of Marine Land at the age of 23.  I wasn't sure if we were actually supposed to be impressed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.