New Jersey at Buffalo, 7pm, Dec. 2, 2019, MSG, WGR.

Eleven

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

It usually works like that, unfortunately, at least in Sabres history. They beat Ottawa 9-2 last year, then lost at MSG 3-1 the next game, for example.

The Sabres played a great game that night against the Rangers. The scoreboard didn't show their efforts. The next 10 or so games made up for that :) 

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The Sabres played a great game that night against the Rangers. The scoreboard didn't show their efforts. The next 10 or so games made up for that ?

Ya, the Sabres were better just before the streak last year, than they actually were during it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just got done watching. I was supposed to be back in time for the 6pm start - my plane landed at O'Hare, i waited paitently for the flight to OKC, and right when I migrated to the gate, it was canceled. Thought I was going to have to spend the night in Chicago, and miss some very important obligations tomorrow. But United found me a connection to OKC through Houston. 

The last time I came back to OKC during a Sabres game, I watched on delay as well - they beat the Devils 5-1 at home that night. Funny. 

The Sabres are a +2 in goal differential this year. Thanks to New Jersey - in non-Sabres-Devils games, that number is a -9! 

This isn't taking anything away from the Sabres, who did precisely what good teams hope to do against bad ones - but man, NJ is freaking horrid. And that's before you get to their goalie situation. That Sheary goal looked like me trying to make a save.

In this game, Mitts both showed beautifully why others think he has good hands, AND why I insist he doesn't. I'd need my video camera to explain what I mean, but I don't have the energy. He was good overall on the wing. 

I'm sure the crowd was fine, but I couldn't hear a thing on the broadcast, do they purposely drown out crowd noise? It was a bit empty but I could see people cheering without hearing anything.

Ullmark has been consistently good this season.

Eichel scored his 17th goal of the season tonight. This day last season he had 4. Assists were 27 (last year) to 21 (now). I'll take this season's Jack :) 

Olofsson keeps getting better one game at a time. he's learning how to shield the puck against players stronger than he is. And that shot is freaking wild. We were right to be optimistic this summer. 

What a BLAST from Jokiharju!

Skinner was great on Sheary's first goal. I wonder if Sheary is pissed that he took that shot in the third, when Sheary would have had a layup for the hat trick. 

Oh, and a beautiful shot from Asplund for his first goal. Much better than getting it on a penalty shot with 0 seconds left! 

Fun fun fun. Robitaille! 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

A search party has been sent out to search for MoJo and Sam Reinhart.  7 goals and no points for either of two of our top 5 forwards.  Those guys need to get it going.

Otherwise a great game against a crappy team.  

Sam's go time is Jan 1, isn't it? haha

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

A search party has been sent out to search for MoJo and Sam Reinhart.  7 goals and no points for either of two of our top 5 forwards.  Those guys need to get it going.

Otherwise a great game against a crappy team.  

It does point to some solid secondary scoring, which we have been clamoring for a while now.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, inkman said:

It does point to some solid secondary scoring, which we have been clamoring for a while now.  

I'm not sure this is actually happening yet:

Screenshot 2019-12-02 at 9.51.08 PM - Edited.png

After the top line, and Skinner, it's Dahlin next. Then Risto. Johansson has 10 points which is okay, then we are into single digits. It might just be Eichel so far ahead of everyone else that the same amount of secondary scoring is more functional now just because of HOW GOOD the top line has been. We have one real scoring threat outside it, Skinner. But that DOES represent an improvement this season (really, thanks to the presence of VO), as we had zero outside the top line last year. Baby steps! And maybe with Vesey etc playing better, some of those lower totals will be on the rise. 

But we still clearly are a team that supports a Hart argument re: Jack on the offensive side, with strong D and what's been pretty decent goaltending. 

Edited by Thorny

45 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Fascinating to see the prototype for the original logo. The artist had red in the buffalo's eye and nose.

If you look at the Sabres logo history online, you'll find versions of the new and old crossed sabres/charging buffalo logo that have red eyes.  A friend of mine got me a Sabres logo patch, I assume it's supposed to be vintage since there is no gray/silver highlight lines, and it has a red eye.

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

It's gonna be a great season. We're not going back.

I’ve missed this. Thank you. 

And thanks for bringing back Zevon as well.

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well that was fun. Been a long time since we've seen that sort of thing.

I think it was about 26 games ago, last time we played New Jersey.

Hynes is a dead man walking.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.