New Jersey at Buffalo, 7pm, Dec. 2, 2019, MSG, WGR.

Eleven

Okay, so when we were up 3-0 I figured I'd take the dogs for a walk, miss the rest of the period, the intermission, but figured, eh, they're comfortably ahead, what will I miss?  Three goals.  I missed three Sabres goals.  I had to watch the replays.  Sheary's second was frankly kind of lucky.  Asplund's was very impressive.  And Olofsson was, well, Olofsson.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

I still want him 

I think he'd fit this lineup pretty well and be a definite upgrade on the wing. And while his spinning-and-shooting-it's-a-good-trick works in the movies, it was pathetic move at young Mitts.

Also from this Devils lineup...  if we're looking for a rental come playoff time, Simmonds on an expiring contract would be a good pickup for the months of April and beyond. Probably pretty cheap from a resource standpoint too, as their GM would just be happy to shed salary.

Just now, New Scotland (NS) said:

How many more games like this will it take for 'that' debate to finally end?

There's no one that could look at his current play and say, in good conscience, that it's not an example of the play of a top-5 forward overall type talent., never mind just "elite". 

Obviously the key is consistency. Also obviously, he can't sustain the type of run he's having over a full season, but his season's pace seems to be representative of the type of player I am seeing. I don't see how anyone would shy away from the elite label at this point considering his production trend line has done nothing but go UP UP UP since he came into the league. And his two-way game is much improved. 

He needs to keep it up. And, he will. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I think he'd fit this lineup pretty well and be a definite upgrade on the wing. And while his spinning-and-shooting-it's-a-good-trick works in the movies, it was pathetic move at young Mitts.

Also from this Devils lineup...  if we're looking for a rental come playoff time, Simmonds on an expiring contract would be a good pickup for the months of April and beyond. Probably pretty cheap from a resource standpoint too, as their GM would just be happy to shed salary.

Simmonds, Hall, Palmieri for Risto and McCabe.  e5

Edited by inkman

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

I would love Simmonds. But my reservations lay in the fact that he’s sooo not what he was when he was in Philly. He seems to be declining. A lot.

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

It's not pie.  Getting more goals tonight does not limit them on subsequent nights.

It usually works like that, unfortunately, at least in Sabres history. They beat Ottawa 9-2 last year, then lost at MSG 3-1 the next game, for example.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.