New Jersey at Buffalo, 7pm, Dec. 2, 2019, MSG, WGR.

Eleven

cut.jpg

Celebrate the 50 th anniversary of the NHL awarding the City of Buffalo a franchise with us tonight when the Buffalo Sabres host the New Jersey Devils. 

Coverage on MSG will begin at 6:30 p.m. with the GMC Game Night pregame coverage. There will then be a pregame ceremony with the Knox Family, the Sabres' original owners, at center ice, followed by game coverage at 7 on MSG and WGR 550. 

Here's what you need to know. 

Be in you seats early for the pregame ceremony, but make sure you arrive at KeyBank Center before the ceremony for birthday-themed festivities to mark the occasion. 

There will be a pregame happy hour in the main Labatt Blue Zone bar with $5 beer specials, food sampling from various corporate partners, and live music. 

The main pavilion will be decorated for the celebration. Fans will have the opportunity to take a photo with a Sabres-themed 50th birthday cake and sign a giant Sabres birthday card in the 100-level concourse.

We'll also be debuting a new episode of "Beyond Blue and Gold" that focuses on the Founding of the Franchise, so stay tuned for that.

• After winning the first meeting between the teams this season by a score of 7-2 on Oct. 5 in Buffalo, the Sabres are looking to clinch the season series against the Devils for the first time since 2013-14.
  • A win would also give the Sabres wins in three straight home games against the Devils for the first time since they topped New Jersey in all four of their visits to Buffalo in 2012-13 and 2013-14.

34 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Risto off PP1

Jokiharju is in his place

1 more arrow in the 'Jokiharju is the Sabres top D-man' espousers quiver.

I'm fine with that move.  Keep up the pace at 5v5, get their heads out of their bippies on the PK, and do something crazy now that November is over and have a functional PP and they could win even bigger than they did in the home opener.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Radar said:

Believe it when I see it. If they are that's two coaches who should be gone.

Those are the same lines they've had for a couple of games now, did you miss the Leafs b2b?? They actually looked pretty good, Mitts looks much better since he's been on the wing also since Marcus got back.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

1 more arrow in the 'Jokiharju is the Sabres top D-man' espousers quiver.

I'm fine with that move.  Keep up the pace at 5v5, get their heads out of their bippies on the PK, and do something crazy now that November is over and have a functional PP and they could win even bigger than they did in the home opener.

Still can't believe we only had to trade Nylander for him. 

11 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I think that's the idea, and I'm cool with it, he is making mistakes now, but he isn't even old enough to buy beer yet 

So you're saying once he starts drinking heavily, everything will fall into place?

I mean think about it.  It's the Buffalo Way.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Someone needs to do a roll call for @New Scotland (NS). He’s checked in late a couple times and the just won’t fly for good order and discipline around here.

NS present and reporting for duty as requested.

Sorry for being AWOL for a few days.  I was up the country and it snowed, then rained, then froze and then rained and snowed again.  Not to mention the wind.  It's always windy in the hinterland of the hinterland that is NS.

Anyway ...

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

What have I missed so far?

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Eleven said:

Let's see the Sabs keep the point streak going!  2 tonight!

Hey @Eleven,

I know you are really tight with the big, jolly dude from up north.

So, if you don't mind could you kindly put in a word with him that I am really looking forward to his poem again this year.  I know he knows everything, but please remind him that I have tried to be good again this year and I hope that is close enough.  Thanks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.