GDT: Sabres at Maple Leafs, Saturday 11/30/19, 7:00 pm

nfreeman

58 minutes ago, shrader said:

I know one team that will get votes.  Here's a hint: it ends with "a-b-r-e-s".

Although some fans hate the Sabres goal song ... first, there are much worse. Second, prior goal songs for the Sabres were much worse than the current one. 

I’m surprised no one has posted just as bad or worse songs than the Leafs current one. 

9 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Although some fans hate the Sabres goal song ... first, there are much worse. Second, prior goal songs for the Sabres were much worse than the current one. 

I’m surprised no one has posted just as bad or worse songs than the Leafs current one. 

wrong john c mcginley GIF
song 2 is the pinnacle of goal songs and any team that doesn’t use it is an idiot (shout out Ottawa, you’ve got that going for you)

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Song 2 by Blur used to be the goal song. Ottawa uses it now. It’s the best choice for a goal song out there. As the saying goes in hockey “had it, lost it”

Had to look it up lol. Yes, the Sabres used to use it. Meh. I find that song (or the portion they used) no better, no worse than the current one. They are both blah IMO.

On 11/30/2019 at 10:52 PM, Taro T said:

Disagree with that, as unless the camera is directly over the goal line (and only the cameras within the net are there) when the puck is in the air rather than along the ice you still have the issue of parallax and trying to determine whether the puck actually is over the line. 

You also will have a lot of plays that wouldn't be goals currently becoming goals under the new system (which may not really be a big deal, but it seems to be one on first blush).

Would prefer what was suggested above: if the preponderance of the evidence says the puck is in, then it's a goal.  Regardless of the call on the ice.

Nahhhhh

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.