GDT: Sabres at Maple Leafs, Saturday 11/30/19, 7:00 pm

nfreeman

4 minutes ago, sabremike said:

And of course Captain Liar got the winner. Whatever, the Leafs still suck and he's going to get Bryce Harper'ed in June. Great last two games, just wish we hadn't pissed away 3 points vs the Wild and Shames.

Bryce Harper’ed? 

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Reinhart hit the post on a shot and a deflection, Olofsson hit the crossbar and was robbed twice. We had three chances to finish in OT. Sheary put the puck over the red line...

Hutton played really well, then whiffed on one...that’s hockey.

I have no issue with the way we played tonight whatsoever.

You need 3000

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Reinhart hit the post on a shot and a deflection, Olofsson hit the crossbar and was robbed twice. We had three chances to finish in OT. Sheary put the puck over the red line...

Hutton played really well, then whiffed on one...that’s hockey.

I have no issue with the way we played tonight whatsoever.

This about sums up how I feel.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Weave said:

And I'm not inclined to get on Hutton after a game where he made 42 saves.

Yep. He was pretty solid.

I didn’t care for Skinner tonight. I thought he could have buried one of his many many chances. I thought Scandella had a nice jump in his step. Asplund is getting more and more comfortable. Girgensons was slipping and tripping more than his usual 198 times a night.  

1 hour ago, Nitro60 said:

The rule should be changed to reflect the NFL model.  Puck needs only to break the plain.  Not the whole puck.  Make it easier to call.

Disagree with that, as unless the camera is directly over the goal line (and only the cameras within the net are there) when the puck is in the air rather than along the ice you still have the issue of parallax and trying to determine whether the puck actually is over the line. 

You also will have a lot of plays that wouldn't be goals currently becoming goals under the new system (which may not really be a big deal, but it seems to be one on first blush).

Would prefer what was suggested above: if the preponderance of the evidence says the puck is in, then it's a goal.  Regardless of the call on the ice.

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Need a power play and we’d be back in business honestly.  Still a pretty disastrous November. If we’d of went .500 like I’d hoped we’d be well in 2nd place. 

Also need a PK.  (The prior 2 games not withstanding.).

Just that simple of a change - having both special teams at least adequate and they seem to be playing well enough to overcome Hutton's penchant for giving up 1-2 bad goals each game and the need for at least 2, if not 3, upgrades at F.

They're close.  But not there yet.

• Like (+1) 2

Just finished watching the game on delay.  Andersen stole the game for Toronto, to two ways about it.  Overall the Sabres had the better chances all night long, especially in OT.  The OT winner was disappointing; Hutts has to make that save.  I checked the SOG and the Sabres were outshot soundly at 43-30 and yet it felt like the Sabres had more quality scoring chances.

Good physical game starting with the captain.  I felt Skins and Sheary also played more physical than usual.

***** happens.  Move on.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, woods-racer said:

I also don't think it hurts if a 19 year old that was struggling watches from the press box for a few weeks.

I'm certain this is gonna turn into an all out Sabrespace brawl but I just feel like there is teeth in this argument. His supporters point to him tilting the ice and his darling analytics.  I just don't find myself white knuckling it nearly as much when he's not on the ice.  

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

I'm certain this is gonna turn into an all out Sabrespace brawl but I just feel like there is teeth in this argument. His supporters point to him tilting the ice and his darling analytics.  I just don't find myself white knuckling it nearly as much when he's not on the ice.  

Dahlin will dazzle with the puck up ice.  He’s a natural at that.  The NHL High end defensive play of Dahlin will take 3-4 years to really show itself.  He’s 19.  To me Dahlin will be that stud much down the road.  He is what he is for now. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.