Who is the Sabres 2nd Best Forward?

GASabresIUFAN

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I like his game away from the puck.  He is great at finding creases in the defense to move through to get space.  As this season continue, Jack and Sam will continue to improve their awareness of where VO is and this should generate more offense.

Asplund did something similar against NJ and was rewarded with his first goal.

As to Skinner, I don't get on him when he slumps some because I understood what we were getting when Jbot acquired him but in reality he is so much more then I thought he was.  He is the best edge skater I have ever seen.  Jack is faster, but no one is close to his ability on skates.  He also has a continuous motor.  We talk about Marchand and his mouth and motor.  Skinner is really that much different.  Jeff isn't as obnoxious nor does he take Marchand's cheap shots, and isn't quite the high end player Marchand has developed into. However, I'm thrilled he is a Sabres. 

Afinogenov had better edges than Skinner.  He's the only one though post-lockout that did.  And his hands couldn't come CLOSE to keeping up with his feet.  Skinner 's can (at least when shooting and ragging the puck to a shooting locale; passing, they almost could be Max's ? ).

19 hours ago, Taro T said:

Afinogenov had better edges than Skinner.  He's the only one though post-lockout that did.  And his hands couldn't come CLOSE to keeping up with his feet.  Skinner 's can (at least when shooting and ragging the puck to a shooting locale; passing, they almost could be Max's ? ).

I don’t think I can agree with this. I’m certainly no fan of Skinner but he’s one of the most beautiful skaters I’ve ever seen. The way he opens his hips is incredible to watch.

39 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I don’t think I can agree with this. I’m certainly no fan of Skinner but he’s one of the most beautiful skaters I’ve ever seen. The way he opens his hips is incredible to watch.

On grace and elegance, Skinner has Afinogenov beat.

On pure power skating stride - including backwards and laterally - Max (much like Bure) had an absolute textbook stride.  He could turn on a dime and do it all quicker than anybody else on the ice.  And that isn't taking away from what Skinner can do; but Max' feet were beyond amazing.

And when he was skating, the knees never got out of that perfect hockey stance/ stride.  There are people that still to this day don't realize he isn't as short as Derek Roy but actually was 6'0" tall because he never lost that power stance.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.