GDT 11/29 Sabres vs Leafs. 4pm et.

steveoath

3 hours ago, Ogrish said:

Think these could be implanted to replace the Sabres missing ones?

testicular_prostheses.jpg

3 hours ago, ubkev said:

Wow, Jack really ***** the bed there. But he did get back to break it up.

3 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

That was a messed up play. Ollophson almost! 

3 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Leeeenus!! 

3 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

Please shoot!   Anybody in white please?

3 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Thank goodness we are not giving up any odd man rushes or break aways! Smh 

3 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Nylander has rockets in his skates.

Scandella with a half hearted attempt to chip the puck. Wrong time in the game to do that buddy. Maybe you’ll fix that on your near future new team.

3 hours ago, ubkev said:

This team sucks.

3 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Seriously, I hope Ullmark screams at the dmen. How many great opportunities does he have to save them.

We are going to need Hasek just to get 80 points this year! 

1591373486_download(2).thumb.png.38e9c29e31764b758439695e60a3f58e.png

Fantastic clear... Way to pick up the forwards in front of the net...superb puck handling there!  Smh 

3 hours ago, Radar said:

I wanted to reserve judgement until the end of November. Well.......?

Have to love the Neutered Hockey League...

hqdefault.jpg

3 hours ago, ubkev said:

Sad indicator of the season already... we are playing our arch rivals and just crossed the 2nd page of the game day page on the message boards. 

3 hours ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

Scandella had a brutal period!

3 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

He just can’t deal with a team with speed 

At this point I’d say you are the lucky one! 

3 hours ago, DHawerchuk10 said:

What a horrible product this is.  I feel sorry for season ticket holders and the kids.  This is just brutal and boring.  Can somebody get fired up please?!

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Everyone on the ice looks like a clown there. 

3 hours ago, Radar said:

And not the coach. Botterill has to own this 

I’ve watched every single Sabres game live or via PVR since I can remember - well before the tank

today is the last time I will arrange my schedule around the Sabres.  Just not worth it.  I’ll PVR, check the score and maybe watch if win. 

Gotta hope the ping pong balls bounce our way once again.  

need that 2nd line Center and only place you get one of those is at top of the draft.  Unless you get a team dumb enough to trade one.  (Insert eye-roll) 

Even the Leaf fans are bored 

3 hours ago, eman said:

Remember folks, it's Michael Hutchinson in goal for the Leafs, a guy who was on waivers just a short time ago,. That's how much respect the Sabres get in the league now. (and Hutch may pitch a shut out!) Babcock wanted him gone but Keefe has resurrectede him. So far, Keefe is looking good!

Firing is just not going to help.  They’ve fired 3 head coaches, on their 2nd GM. 

This represents 90 per cent of the commentary during the first period.

It reads like the Sabres must have been outshot 18-4 and were down 3-0 after being hemmed in their zone the entire time. 

Is it really what people saw?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It reads like the Sabres must have been outshot 18-4 and were down 3-0 after being hemmed in their zone the entire time. 

I am beyond impressed. This is some work right here.

They did go down in the game early on however, not that I am defending those that you quoted, but in all honesty, given this teams last month or so of play, I cannot blame them.

But still, impressive research.

• Like (+1) 2

Wow, Sabres played with some fire in their gut.

Very nice, I think it was McCabe who put the Leaf player over the boards. It looked like it anyways.

Vesey is making puck stealing a thing, great job. I hope he sticks with it. If Vesey perfects that strategy, wow; it's going to drive teams crazy.

Olo Sniper Sniping, Skinny Schooling and Scoring, Jumping Jack is Jamming, and Some Happy, Happy, Home Fans.

A Pair Of Great Holiday Victories: Two Hated Teams Go Down In Flames, Buffalo Bills Down Dallas And Buffalo Sabres Down Toronto! Happy Thanksgiving!

Let's Go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That was on Middlestadt. Left his man to go after the puck.

I think it was almost entirely on McCabe who had the clearest path to the puck yet was outhustled by Petan.

As far as I know, the Sabres system is designed for second man to support, which was exactly what Mitts did. If McCabe had executed his job and won the puck, Mitts would have taken a pass and been speeding around the net and back up the ice in transition. If Jake had disrupted Petan, Casey would have been able to fish the puck out. Instead, 19 didn’t even neutralize his man and allowed him to make a clean pass.

This is a clear example of what Ralph was talking about when he said you can’t judge a player without knowing what he’s been told to do.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Vesey deserves the props he’s getting for finally adding production to what’s been a few weeks of generally solid play, but the guy who is really stepping up lately is Olofsson.

Its like he’s learning to cope with the stronger, faster players at even strength.

Its been a bad month, but the franchise may have added two useful NHLers this year with he and Jokiharju.

• Like (+1) 2

@dudacek,

I did not see the game, but form the highlights and such the Sabres came out a little flat and were down 2 - 0 early in the second.

I don't think the Sabres played that badly, but the fan base is ornery and tend to wilt at the first sign of adversity.

The Sabres stormed back and really battled hard.  They made the Leaf defense look like idiots.  They seemed to follow the plan and executed it very well.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Ya, they didn't look good in the first, if you'd like to reference my post long after it happened as a "gotcha!" go watch the actual goal and fact check. 

Shall I quote all of my other posts in the thread now?

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

@dudacek,

I did not see the game, but form the highlights and such the Sabres came out a little flat and were down 2 - 0 early in the second.

I don't think the Sabres played that badly, but the fan base is ornery and tend to wilt at the first sign of adversity.

The Sabres stormed back and really battled hard.  They made the Leaf defense look like idiots.  They seemed to follow the plan and executed it very well.

Speaking for myself, I'm not sure I'd call watching 82 games a year, no matter what, "wilting", after I simply called them out for how they looked on a goal, but whatever. 

• Like (+1) 1

I caught our 4 goals in the 2nd and then the last 6 minutes of the 3rd.  Plus I ate a great Thanksgiving dinner. 

Love beating the Leaves.  

My Great Sports Holiday Weekend continues.   

Cheers, Punch

Edited by Pimlach
  • Thanks (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Vesey deserves the props he’s getting for finally adding production to what’s been a few weeks of generally solid play, but the guy who is really stepping up lately is Olofsson.

Its like he’s learning to cope with the stronger, faster players at even strength.

Yes, I was going to post that Olofsson is playing much, much better hockey, especially in non-scoring situations.  He's getting really good defensively, and at keeping the play going offensively.

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I enjoyed the game, but if they play like that tomorrow in a Hutton versus Andersen matchup, I don’t expect it to be pretty.

Yeah, that will be a different matchup indeed. Hutton hasn’t been good, he needs his A game.

Their D game is so porous that the Sabres can pump a few in past anybody, that is my hope.

17 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ya, they didn't look good in the first, if you'd like to reference my post long after it happened as a "gotcha!" go watch the actual goal and fact check. 

Shall I quote all of my other posts in the thread now?

I’m sorry you took that personally. No gotcha was intended.

It was aimed at the whole, not the parts. Do you think the whole accurately captures the first period? 

I did not. IMO, the Sabres were neither particularly good, nor particularly bad.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’m sorry you took that personally. No gotcha was intended.

It was aimed at the whole, not the parts. Do you think the whole accurately captures the first period? 

I did not. IMO, the Sabres were neither particularly good, nor particularly bad.

Don't know, don't care. You placed my post in the context of a bunch of others and drew a conclusion based on the whole that my post was not endorsing. My post was about a specific goal. 

I've said a thousand times, I care about results now. It's time. So 2-0 against is 2-0 against. Not good. Sabres started scoring, so my posts started pointing those good things out. Things got good. I'm observing and commenting on results. 

Hopefully my posts if read in succession more/less paint an accurate picture of how a game unfolded. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.