GDT 11/29 Sabres vs Leafs. 4pm et.

steveoath

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Well at least the Bills are on the right path of their rebuild.  And that’s how you do it right.  3rd year of the rebuild and the team is on its way.  Maybe not a contender yet, but inching closer.  The Sabres are the complete opposite. 

Not gonna defend the Sabres cuz who wants to do that but you just can't compare. NFL drafts 20-23 year old men who have proven against men who they will compete with on the next level they are performers.  The NHL drafts 16-17 year old children who are competing against insurance salesmen.  Drafting a player in the first 3 rounds in the NFL almost guarantees you a starter and most likely impact player. Outside of the top 15 picks, the NHL draft is a complete crapshoot. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Not gonna defend the Sabres cuz who wants to do that but you just can't compare. NFL drafts 20-23 year old men who have proven against men who they will compete with on the next level they are performers.  The NHL drafts 16-17 year old children who are competing against insurance salesmen.  Drafting a player in the first 3 rounds in the NFL almost guarantees you a starter and most likely impact player. Outside of the top 15 picks, the NHL draft is a complete crapshoot. 

Agree.

I’ve always felt it’s rather sophomoric to compare the two leagues. It’s full of strawman arguments and attempted comparisons.

cut.jpg

• The Sabres and the Leafs will face off today before heading to Toronto for the second half of a home-and-home series tomorrow night. It's the first home-and-home series between the teams since Nov. 15 and 16, 2013.
  • Buffalo has not lost the home portion of a home-and-home series with Toronto since the first such series (a 4-2 loss on Dec. 20, 1970).
  • The Sabres are 10-1-2 (two ties) all-time in the home portion of their 13 previous home-and-home series with the Maple Leafs and 2-10-1 in the road games.
  • This is the first of four meetings between the Sabres and Maple Leafs this season.
  • Last meeting: Toronto defeated Buffalo 4-2 in Buffalo on March 20.
  • Next meeting: Saturday, Nov. 30 in Toronto
  • The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Maple Leafs; 5-4-1 at home.
  • The Sabres are 19-5-2 in their last 26 home games against the Maple Leafs. Toronto has not won four straight games in Buffalo since the Maple Leafs won each of their first six visits to Buffalo.

In my wonderful week of Bills football here in North Texas, the only pimple was the OT loss by the Sabres that occurred during the welcome party for the out-of-town fans.  The Sabres needed to win that, to make my Buffalo sports week complete.  I'm holding them accountable.  There is no excuse for another loss tonight.

MUST ***** WIN.

I’m in Dallas at my sisters house and we have many family members present for a special Thanksgiving this year.   We went to the Bills game yesterday.  It was wonderful to see the Bills win.  They were well prepared and professional.  The Bills have a good blend of emerging talent and veterans.   They play and act like a team, which makes them fun and great representatives for the city of Buffalo.  Compliments to Beane and Coach McDermott.   They are on the rise.  

Today at 3:00 CST is our Thanksgiving Dinner.  I will not interrupt this Holiday with the Sabres.   I will do periodic checks on NHL.TV using my iPad but it’s time to focus on family and more important matters.  

I was saddened to see the BN put out that article on the 5 game losing streak to Toronto, almost foreshadowing more gloom and doom fir this downtrodden team.  This team has so many losing streaks with other teams, ten years of bad management will do that.  

So, Let’s Go Sabres   No time like now to pull yourselves up and win for your fans.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, inkman said:

“Competing against insurance salesman” is a spectacular way of having four words do the work of forty.   Perfect ...

1 hour ago, Hank said:

It always amuses me when guys feel the need to post about how much they are not interested and are not going to watch ?

Glad you're amused.  Also glad the Sabres organization and the Pegulas can count on you no matter how ***** and spineless the team they ice is.  Enjoy!

41 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Glad you're amused.  Also glad the Sabres organization and the Pegulas can count on you no matter how ***** and spineless the team they ice is.  Enjoy!

I appreciate the irony of guys being interested enough to tell us how how disinterested they are. It makes me laugh ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.