Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

SABRES 0311

It’s that time of year. The one day we as Americans can justify having that extra slice of pie as though it’s not what we always do. I just wanna take this time to share with my fellow Sabrespace cadets what I’m thankful for. Please feel free to join me. If you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving please join in anyway. It’s like in those movies in your parents top drawer, the more the merrier.

1. I’d go to hell for not saying family. However I want to be specific and say wife and kids. If the roles were reversed and they put me through half the stuff I put them through I’d be getting alimony.

2. Hockey. Perhaps the most dangerous sport because you know razor blades on feet and all. It is culturally diverse. We take people from other countries, get them visas, put them to work and if they step out of line, their “employer” takes their money. Some might say it sounds like human trafficking. I say shut your mouth.

3. Lastly, the Buffalo Sabres. Most people have multiple stressors that cause high blood pressure, depression and general wondering of what’s the point. The Sabres do all that and more for us, the fans. We have a coach who loves the game so much he never took time away from it to play some weird sport like soccer or something. Our GM with the foresight to make bold moves to bring respect back to an organization with a rich history of winning....stuff.

To all of you Happy Thanksgiving! Those of you who don’t eat yourselves into a coma I will see you in the Toronto GDT. For you brave souls wondering into the Oval Office thread, I’m putting the foil on boys (or girls or whatever you feel like). ?

Edited by SABRES 0311
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Beer said:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Cheers.

?

drunk beer GIF by Animation Domination High-Def

This, So This!!!

The Mrs. And I took over hosting duties 3 years ago. The first 2 years 20 or so family and friends. The Bills play today, 36 to 40 guests. 3 turkeys (which I'll be running between 3 homes to baste and so on), 600 in booze, nary a couple hours shut eye.

So Beer, your post is bliss.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

All the kids here for the holiday.  

My oldest Son home from Air force on his first leave.

Definitely blessed and thankful for the love of a family and good Health. 

Small modest home but fantastic when filled with Family, Friends, Food, Football and sharing for the Holidays. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all Sabrespacers. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Happy Thanksgiving to all.  I really do hope that we all have someone(s) / something(s) to be thankful for.  If any of us don't then we, in the collective, are not doing enough for those folks.

As a Canadian my Thanksgiving was in October, but I welcome the opportunity to thank my wife for being the kindest, most caring and loving person I have ever known.

@Neo, your Thanksgiving sounds fantastic.

And thank you for starting this thread @SABRES 0311.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thankful for all the usual things: my wife and family, limb separation, Star Destroyers, friends, lightsabres, Sabres, dogs and cats, music and food and beer, and books, and Life Day and MST3K Turkey Day (starting momentarily while I finish off some baking and prep), and Thanksgiving in general. All for all of you Sabrespacers out there, cheer up you old buggers. Enjoy it, it's the last chance that you'll have. And always look on the bright side of life.

Edit: Oh, and as y'all are a Buffalo crowd... how about those Bills go and destroy the Cowboys today to make everyone across the land happy? Thanks!

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 2

Happy Thanksgiving, to all. 

I have to be thankful for a lot, though some days it can feel tough, as such today, I will be slaving away in the hospital for half the day before getting some time away this even and doing it all over again the weekend. 

I have no family here, but they are scattered across the country and across Africa. I also have this SS family and we are just as dysfunctional as any real family I've had over my lifespan ?

Take this day and take a breath from the Sabres, save that stress, and enjoy all that you have in the other worldly realms. 

Cheers 

• Like (+1) 6

Happy Thanksgiving friends. 

It's been a great day, with family, mild Southern weather, a bit of exercise to start the day, a delicious bird with homemade stuffing, and a terrific performance by the Bills.

The Sabres?  That's a subject for another day.

I might get me some leftovers pretty soon.

• Like (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.