GDT 11/27 Sabres vs Flames. 7pm et. Msg b

miles

14 minutes ago, SwampD said:

This game finally got fun.

I don't have any fun watching these games.  Last time was probably in 2007.  The team is soooo unlikable.  I can't think of a single player I root for.  Just boring uncharismatic dill holes.  

Do the Sabres lead the league in posts?  How many games do teams win hitting multiple goal posts per game?  This team is so far from being watchable, I don't know if I'll live that long.  

2 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

Really need to find someone that can regularly win a friggen faceoff when it matters

Yep. Back to the center spine lacking scenario, as well as the lack of heart and grit from players throughout the line up.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you your gutless Buffalo Sabres, courtesy of ownership and the current GM, both of which have had a number of years to fix this crap.

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Dahlin sighting in the press box per Lance Lysowski 

Sorry for his injury, but, being completely honest, he belonged there long before the injury.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

Really need to find someone that can regularly win a friggen faceoff when it matters

Nobody does that 

When ROR went over 60% for us and broke the record for faceoff wins in a season, he also lost the 2nd most faceoffs of any skater in the NHL, behind only Crosby

It was regular talk around here how he never seemed to win the important ones, when in reality winning 60% of your faceoffs (objectively great) and carrying that to maybe a few important ones per game means the best of the best can go great lengths of time seemingly only losing important ones (like ROR in the last two rounds of the playoffs)

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Sorry for his injury, but, being completely honest, he belonged there long before the injury.

Well, sure... but for a game here and there to get a respite and see the game, not for an indefinite amount of time with possible lingering effects and an increased likelihood of future concussions.

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Nobody does that 

When ROR went over 60% for us and broke the record for faceoff wins in a season, he also lost the 2nd most faceoffs of any skater in the NHL, behind only Crosby

It was regular talk around here how he never seemed to win the important ones, when in reality winning 60% of your faceoffs (objectively great) and carrying that to maybe a few important ones per game means the best of the best can go great lengths of time seemingly only losing important ones (like ROR in the last two rounds of the playoffs)

I'd still take 60% over Mittelstadt at 40%...  I just think back to guys like Brind'Amour who never seemed to lose an important face off.  It'd be nice to have someone on our side once every 50 years... Oh wait, we traded him to St.Louis for pucks

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Well, sure... but for a game here and there to get a respite and see the game, not for an indefinite amount of time with possible lingering effects and an increased likelihood of future concussions.

Nobody is saying an injury should have put him there, least of all me, being injured currently. But his play should have.

2 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

I'd still take 60% over Mittelstadt at 40%...  I just think back to guys like Brind'Amour who never seemed to lose an important face off.  It'd be nice to have someone on our side once every 50 years... Oh wait, we traded him to St.Louis for pucks

Brindamour lost many important faceoffs, in addition to winning a few more than that. It's just the nature of the thing that you don't even realize it when you DO have that guy because even that guy never feels like he wins the important ones

9 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Nobody does that 

I'd say winning 60% is regularly. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.