GDT 11/27 Sabres vs Flames. 7pm et. Msg b

miles

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Since you mentioned him earlier...you can see how he plays differently from the rest of these guys right? His hockey is a holdover from strong teams' brands, that have left their mark on him. Good teams play hockey that way, and then the bold in your post is the thing they have to work on and worry about the most. When they fix it collectively, they win cups.

For us, not only do we have the same issues with the same nature as this urgency you refer to...but Marcus Johansson is the only guy on our team that can play that hockey in the first place, and when Marcus Johansson is wowing us in that regard, we're in it deep! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's more likely that Botterill is allowed to be this bad this season AND next season than it is that his seat is getting warm

We need to take solace in the fact that ROR proved himself to be a very good playoff hockey player, yet had previously pretty much just played in wallowing environments. That is to say, there is hope for some of our current players, yet. 

2 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Trust me, it's much easier just not to watch. I said they would be lucky to hold on to 15th in the east by december 1 and its very possible they will be 28th.

Do yourselves a big favor and skip the 2 beatdowns coming up vs Toronto....and the rest of the season...it's way easier.

I am looking forward to seeing how they play Friday.  Leaf fans will be out in force.  It could be the beginning of the end of the season.

I have made a deal with myself that when they are in single digits for the lottery (bottom 9 teams) I stop watching.

Can't handle it anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

We need to take solace in the fact that ROR proved himself to be a very good playoff hockey player, yet had previously pretty much just played in wallowing environments. That is to say, there is hope for some of our current players, yet. 

Without a doubt. That's why I'm going to fight like hell against the idea that the rotten core needs to be blown up when we haven't even put together a serious core of good hockey players yet

We've won 11 of 25 games. Ottawa can say the same thing

• Like (+1) 4

it is getting more and more difficult to watch. hockey is the only real hobby i have, and i have been getting annoyed and frustrated everyday by them. 

i dont know why i bother rooting for these perpetual losers, they keep pulling me back, and i keep thinking this time will be different. note to self, it wont be

9 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Sadly, I feel like another season is passing me by.

It's passing all of us by.  

The reality is that we played a pretty decent game tonight and generated tons of good scoring chances.

Couldn't finish, no secondary scoring, and Rittich played a hell of a good game. 

Skinner could have had a hat trick tonight.

I don't think we'll win either of the games against TO.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Without a doubt. That's why I'm going to fight like hell against the idea that the rotten core needs to be blown up when we haven't even put together a serious core of good hockey players yet

Know what would really help: hiring a good competent NHL quality coach (someone who is to coaching what Kevin Dineen was as a player). Hell, hire Kevin Dineen to be our new coach.

Jason Botterill quit relieving yourself on the fans and tell them it is raining.  I want him gone.  Terry has to see that this is a repeat of the errors of the past decade.  A GM who can not assemble a team to match an identity you want.  This is not a balanced team.  Too many of the same type of player.  Guys who show some speed, flashes of offense but no grit. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Yup exactly. 

On my most disappointing Sabres days I sometimes imagine what Eichel might look like on a team like Boston and almost crave to see it (purely in a "Understand me Frodo, I would take this ring from a desire to do good. But through me, it would wield a power too great and terrible to imagine!" type of way).

There are a few very good players here who will look like great players with a better supporting cast. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, miles said:

it is getting more and more difficult to watch. hockey is the only real hobby i have, and i have been getting annoyed and frustrated everyday by them. 

i dont know why i bother rooting for these perpetual losers, they keep pulling me back, and i keep thinking this time will be different. note to self, it wont be

Like your avatar, we are miles away from being a contender.

2 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

It's passing all of us by.  

The reality is that we played a pretty decent game tonight and generated tons of good scoring chances.

Couldn't finish, no secondary scoring, and Rittich played a hell of a good game. 

Skinner could have had a hat trick tonight.

I don't think we'll win either of the games against TO.

It seems every goalie has a hell of a good game against them.  

Just now, Thorny said:

Yup exactly. 

On my most disappointing Sabres days I sometimes imagine what Eichel might look like on a team like Boston and almost crave to see it (purely in a "Understand me Frodo, I would take this ring from a desire to do good. But through me, it would wield a power too great and terrible to imagine!" type of way.)

There are a few very good players here who will look like great players with a better supporting cast. 

I've already braced for the fact that we're going to see Eichel in Boston before his contract runs out

The talk has started among fans, and it never goes away/doesn't accelerate once it starts

I love hockey.

I love the Sabres.

I am furious that they give me no reason to watch them

The Tampa game broke me.

This game gave me peace.

Thank, God for NHL.TV.

I'll be watching good hockey until the Sabres give me a reason to come back.

And they will receive no money from me whatsoever, not that they have for years, as they didn't deserve it.

• Sad 2

Honestly this game was fun and in successful seasons would have been seen as unlucky but a fine effort, don't worry, we'll get back on track Friday with our 5th win in the last 8.

With the context of this season and last and the one before and so on it's impossible to see the game with this attitude

Just now, SwampD said:

I love hockey.

I love the Sabres.

I am furious that they give me no reason to watch them

The Tampa game broke me.

This game gave me peace.

Thank, God for NHL.TV.

I'll be watching good hockey until the Sabres give me a reason to come back.

And they will receive no money from me whatsoever, not that they have for years, as they didn't deserve it.

This team just lost Swamp f*cking D 

Can a hockey team get lower than that?

I don't mean that in a bad way, just there's no superfan more resolute in the face of the ***** this team gives us 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Thanks (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ristolainen you are just not good at hockey. 

Surely, it'll be the next coach who unlocks his potential! Just you wait and see! ???

Can we please just fire Risto and McCabe into the sun? Game after game they cost goals, don't contribute to goals, and get played a bajillion minutes. 

We'll never be good as long as our GM/coach combo values the wrong traits in players. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.