miles

15 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I love hockey.

I love the Sabres.

I am furious that they give me no reason to watch them

The Tampa game broke me.

This game gave me peace.

Thank, God for NHL.TV.

I'll be watching good hockey until the Sabres give me a reason to come back.

And they will receive no money from me whatsoever, not that they have for years, as they didn't deserve it.

tumblr_mjicijUEbQ1r70ozfo2_500.gif

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Honestly this game was fun and in successful seasons would have been seen as unlucky but a fine effort, don't worry, we'll get back on track Friday with our 5th win in the last 8.

With the context of this season and last and the one before and so on it's impossible to see the game with this attitude

No kidding. I mean there's only so far "good effort" gets you when you've lost 12 of the last 15 hockey games. 

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

I've honestly already forgotten. Was Miller scratched again tonight?

You know, when JBot picked him up I have to think he felt Jokiharju was probably not going to be as good as he's been and was going to be up and down from Rochester or our #7, basically a work in progress next year kind of guy. His surprisingly good play left JBot with too many D men and nobody in the league wanting to trade a good forward for them. For some teams that would be a luxury but on a forward thin team it has become quite silly.

Johanson back really made a difference. It tells you how thin our forward depth is. A few injuries and we drop off dramatically. I really feel Krueger is doing his best trying to create a balanced forward line up (rather than a one line team) but the talent is so thin it becomes a cobbled together mess.This team really needs a lot of help/new talent.

We are still absolute rubbish against physical play in front of our own net. 

Calgary is in total disarray with their "issues." We should have started stronger. We should have been able to win this.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

And two points out of a playoff spot. This season can go in two different directions.

and with US Thanksgiving upon us once again and this club currently out of a playoff spot, I'm guessing this season trends downward towards a ninth consecutive year of no playoffs.

47 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

What do you see that suggests in any way this team will trend in that direction?  Because more than probability is involved here.

I didn't say what direction it will trend. However, as bad as things have been, we're one win at home against the Leafs from feeling a lot better about their situation.

Just watched the game and once again the other goalie stands on his head and plays lights out. It's incredible that this seems to happen every night against the Sabres. 

I watch other games and highlights and goals happen, Buffalo never gets bounces or redirections or anything, it's not for the lack of doing those things it's just the goalie makes unbelievable saves. Buffalo doesn't do anything different than anybody else in the league. The puck goes in for them and doesn't for Buffalo, it's like a black cloud or something, WTF, so frustrating!

7 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

And two points out of a playoff spot. This season can go in two different directions.

Agreed. The season is still there for the taking, if the GM wants it. 

Make a trade. Help your team address an area of need that you are responsible for, that you left insufficiently addressed. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.