GDT 11/27 Sabres vs Flames. 7pm et. Msg b

miles

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Risto couldn't catch a pass from Ullmark that hit him right in the stick. We never touched the puck again

And he went to help Johansson win a battle they didn't win, leaving a man wide open in the process. If you leave him, you have to get the puck. Bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

Reinhardt forgot it was 3x3 and passed it back to nobody.  Then Risto made another business decision for himself - has been making them for six weeks.

Besides overtime it was a good game.  Team is better with Bogo in and Dahlin out, sorry but it’s true.  But man.  I won’t miss Risto.  And Sam tallies the points but never makes a difference.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

2 points is what is needed for the Sabres, anything less and it's a continuation of the disaster imho.

Botterill must act, this is not even debatable and hasn't been for some time. But this team may be a trade partner, I wasn't really impressed by any of their players to be honest. They look like Buffalo of the WC.

This team has to lean how to play basic positional hockey. They pass poorly, they play like they have no idea where their teammates are. And they puke up the puck when pressured.

• Like (+1) 2

Also, I caught the second half of the third and ot using the spotty wifi from my hotel room in mexico, I was essentially  watching the sabres rendered through NHL 94 graphics. Even with basic visual queues it was hard to follow the game called by Dunleavy, everything  about this team is a seeping *****.

1 minute ago, Cascade Youth said:

Reinhardt forgot it was 3x3 and passed it back to nobody.  Then Risto made another business decision for himself - has been making them for six weeks.

Besides overtime it was a good game.  Team is better with Bogo in and Dahlin out, sorry but it’s true.  But man.  I won’t miss Risto.  And Sam tallies the points but never makes a difference.

I hate to break it to you... I think we're stuck with him

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

Now for the ultimate humiliation.  Getting swept by the leafs 

Sheldon Keefe is the "real deal". Complete Leaf renaissance under this guy. They have found their goal scoring once again. It's going to be bad for the blue & gold I'm afraid. But perhaps another humiliation may get JBots or TPegs off their collective arses to actually do something to shake this #### show up. Here's hoping anyhow.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

When he says "I appreciate where our team toughness has been" that's all I need to hear to know he is a clueless clown.

I concur.  He needs to go.  This team is soft mentally and physically.  What a foolish thing for him to say.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

Sabres have lost 12 of their last 15. Wake up Pegula. Your joke of a franchise is utterly lost. IF you care at all. We don’t need a minor little trade. This team needs a major overhauling. And it’s far more mental than anything. Please get a proven winner to be in charge of hockey operations. 

10 of 12. Utter disgrace. The Pegulas have to be considered the most incompetent owners in NHL history: 9 seasons of full control, ZERO playoff appearances, ZERO seasons that weren't over by February.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

No urgency in Johansson either.

This team fuhking sux!

Since you mentioned him earlier...you can see how he plays differently from the rest of these guys right? His hockey is a holdover from strong teams' brands, that have left their mark on him. Good teams play hockey that way, and then the bold in your post is the thing they have to work on and worry about the most. When they fix it collectively, they win cups.

For us, not only do we have the same issues with the same nature as this urgency you refer to...but Marcus Johansson is the only guy on our team that can play that hockey in the first place, and when Marcus Johansson is wowing us in that regard, we're in it deep! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's more likely that Botterill is allowed to be this bad this season AND next season than it is that his seat is getting warm

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.