GDT 11/27 Sabres vs Flames. 7pm et. Msg b

miles

9 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Would the fact that the CGY GM is here in person be more likely to facilitate a trade soon, if one were to happen between these teams?

Due to the present state of unpleasantness, I am nothing if not polite, I think the Calgary GM will be where ever the team is.  I would be surprised if a trade is made by Calgary right now involving any team.

13 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Would the fact that the CGY GM is here in person be more likely to facilitate a trade soon, if one were to happen between these teams?

Treliving was born in BC but played on the East Coast till he got picked up by an NHL team.

Is his wife from Buffalo or Southern Ontario and they are here for the holiday?

A GM traveling with a team to an away game is not something I read to much into.

Just now, woods-racer said:

Treliving was born in BC but played on the East Coast till he got picked up by an NHL team.

Is his wife from Buffalo or Southern Ontario and they are here for the holiday?

A GM traveling with a team to an away game is not something I read to much into.

I'm not reading into it so much as wondering if, given that we know they've been talking, the fact that he's here for other reasons would increase the chance of a deal being done versus him not being here 

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Due to the present state of unpleasantness, I am nothing if not polite, I think the Calgary GM will be where ever the team is.  I would be surprised if a trade is made by Calgary right now involving any team.

I'm going out on a limb and say he's going to make a trade with the Sabres during the pre-game skate.  It will be like this:  "You, you and you- go over to the other bench and get your new jerseys."

Edited by Doohickie
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

I'm going out on a limb and say he's going to make a trade with the Sabres during the pre-game skate.  It will be like this:  "You and you- go over to the other bench and get your new jerseys."

Hopefully its not Eichel, Sam and Risto you go over here......Bennett, Gaudreau and that number 1 next year get your Sabres jersey!?

1 hour ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

He's got lotsa reasons to be here tonight.

Yeah, i think he has a more important issue to be working on other then trades at this time.......

I do wonder if Calgary rallies around the coach filling in tonight for Peters and they get the win, or if the issue is a distraction for them.....

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Big crowd tonight? It'll be interesting to see what the fans are like. 1. Drunk and loud and supportive (it's Thanksgiving, screw the negativity) 2. Drunk and loud and nasty if the Sabres are not having a good game 3. Drunk and quiet, somber, depressed

What are you implying here?   "Buffalo, a drinking town, with a sports problem".  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Ullmark is in net btw. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.4c8b857e989abfb9f7322fe1e6a9dbe7.JPG

Hutton's last 4.   Over the next two weeks, how many games does Carter start?  How many should he start?  I see back to back this weekend and next, so I'm going with 2.  Give Linus a load to see if he can carry it. 

Edited by Broken Ankles
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

That makes me a little worried-- if they want a game to learn how to start playing with grit, pissing off your new teammate and trading away the key agitator who did it to them wouldn't be a good start..

1 hour ago, Broken Ankles said:

Capture.thumb.JPG.4c8b857e989abfb9f7322fe1e6a9dbe7.JPG

Hutton's last 4.   Over the next two weeks, how many games does Carter start?  How many should he start?  I see back to back this weekend and next, so I'm going with 2.  Give Linus a load to see if he can carry it. 

That's about as bad as I've seen a goalie look consistently in the NHL. Guys don't stay in the league with those numbers. Get UPL up here.  Hell, I'd give Johansson a look to see if you can scuttle Hutton.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.