WGR550: Mickey Mouse Radio

etiennep99

5 hours ago, Radar said:

So get Entercom challenged by another outfit. WGR is a joke of a sports station. 

Agree. Unfortunately, enough sports fans eat up any sports radio as long as the home town team is discussed. And they start to think the talent on the station is legit. I don’t get it but some fans actually think Schoop and Bulldog are talented, informative, and smart talk show hosts.  It’s stunning. But if you aren’t exposing yourself to legit national talent that don’t talk about your precious local team all day, you tend to not have the ability to do a comparison. So the local radio hosts stay secure in their jobs.

• Thanks (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Radar said:

So get Entercom challenged by another outfit. WGR is a joke of a sports station. 

https://www.sportsradio1270.com is owned by Cumulus.

There's also KB1520, also owned by Entercom.

We have three sports radio stations in Buffalo, which is pretty good for a smallish market.

Edited by Eleven

30 minutes ago, Eleven said:

https://www.sportsradio1270.com is owned by Cumulus.

There's also KB1520, also owned by Entercom.

We have three sports radio stations in Buffalo, which is pretty good for a smallish market.

True but GR has the market on Buffalo sports teams it seems. I'm merely saying WGR is ,in my opinion, inferior.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, SwampD said:

I’d have to hear it, cuz to me, sports talk radio is sports talk radio. Only the teams and accents change.

As a fan of the Sabres and Bills living in the Vancouver market, I would far rather listen to Vancouver radio than WGR.

The hosts are far more knowledgeable and entertaining and the guests are far more numerous and insightful.

I think a major difference is the hosts in Vancouver seem to be at least somewhat plugged into the teams they cover and, more importantly, good or bad, love covering them.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.