Things rly start to tick me off

MODO Hockey

Please listen to the wild coach post game after they blew the lead to Boston with 4 minutes left.

He sounded like a cry baby. I prefer kruegar's method. 

We dont know what is being said behind closed doors. I dont want to defend the garbage play in the 3rd period, but kruegar hanging his guys out to dry to the media is a good way to lose them outright. Remember housley doing it. 

As long as he is telling the guys behind closed doors that their response is unacceptable 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

What he is saying to the press and fans and what he is saying to the players are likely two different things.

You know what the problem is? We as fans have been screwed by this team 1 too many times so this piss warm reaction to RASMUS DAHLIN getting elbowed in the HEAD, isn't acceptable from the coach and idgaf what he is saying behind closed doors. His team didn't respond or react during or after the hit. Krueger ain't saying ***** behind closed doors accept his positivity mantra. 

• Like (+1) 1

What he said about the game play was fine.  Sabres carried play early in the game but in the end just could not hang with the best in the league in the 3rd.

With regards to the Dahlin Cernak Elbow Assault Incident, I need a much stronger reaction from every member of the Sabres organization.

Edited by Curt

I am upset about the lack of response by the team. First Sobotka, now Dahlin.  

They played well right up to the Dahlin injury.  When it was time to stand up, they did not rise to the occasion.  I know they were tired, I get the road trip back to back thing, but the 3rd period was atrocious.  The special teams are both bad.  The goalie was acting like a clown.  

I get RK and his steady demeanor but the players will become a reflection of him.  So we will see what that ends up being.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The goalie was acting like a clown.  

I dont remember Hutton being such a loser before. He played terrible and when he got pulled he gave 0 effort to get back.  I really hope the players and coaches get on him

He would be doing sprints from the goal to the bench until he loses his cookies. Too bad we didnt get joel quenneville. 

Edited by miles
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I'm so disappointed in this organization that it's tough to even care to comment.  

We don't have a player beyond Bogo and McCabe that can convincingly stand up to an opposing player.  That's an issue.   I know some of the other players are willing but they aren't to be taken seriously by the other team. 

The Pegula's don't want the yelling and screaming type of coach - they want cool, calm and calculating.  That can work, so RK gets the normal amount of time to deploy his philosophy.  

We need approximately 5 different players on this team to make it respectable.  It's an enormous task and we'll yet again have an opportunity to do that in the next off season.  

This is not a team I care to route for.  They’re soft, can’t score consistently and have Absolutely no heart.

I have too many other stressors in my life right now.  This was suppose to an outlet to distract me from some other issues I’m dealing with.  Long story short I think I’m going to take a break for a bit from this team which unfortunately includes our little corner of the internet.  Hopefully when the team becomes something to be proud of again I’ll return but now is looking like a nice time for a break.  For the most part I’ve enjoyed our discussions all.  Sure I’ll be back eventually.  Everyone in Sabrespace Fantasy Football, you’re still going down!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

20 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Like, 

Ok i'll admit im hard on the team more than im positve on it, guess its the way i work cause i demand more from such
elite professional human beeings that does this for millions of dollars. Staying positive is really hard. 

Then again were listening to Ralph Kreuger after the game saying among other things: 

"There is alot of good things from 5 vs 5 we can bring with us from todays game"
"The guys have a day off tomorrow, you know, well deserved and then we come together for gameday again"

What is this *****?!

I want to hear, "There is nothing good that we bring with us from this game, the guys would have had a day off tomorrow but i've now decided to bring the group together, we will meet on the ice early morning and we will go trough this game and look at this mess we created tonight, make sure we try to repair these misstakes and try harder next game"

But no, these fancy cupcake words from Ralph makes me wanna puke, he starts to sound like Phil.

I want it to be as real as it is for us fans watching this pile of garbage we saw last night, jesus christ.

No, i do not know how the talk in the lockerroom goes, No i do not know how it is to coach a NHL team, No i do not know how the players feel about this system and the list goes on.
What i do know, is that this is not fkn rocket sience when it comes to form a group of people to pull toward the same goal, no matter what, and that is Ralph's most important part with his job. 

And what in the actuall **** did not anyone do something when Dahlin was elbowed to his fkn head, how this team respond to this just tell me how fragile this whole group is and that there is no backbone at all, no red thread and most of all no directions from the coaching staff how you care for eachother.

Im just so sad to see this happen, same with Sobotka, sure there doesnt need to be direct retaliation but i want to see the whole team stand up slamming those sticks against the rink, i want to see coach Ralph absolut furious and demanding the referee to come to the bench. 

Nothing, nothing. All Ralph says about this specific situation in the report is "Were emotional connected to this situation so were better off not saying anything about it, lets have those not emotional connected look at this"

WHAT ?

What kind of signals does this send, "Hey dont care, its fine, your just to emotional", when emotions is what this game really is about, its ok to be wrong but its not ok to not care. WTF!

This is why i was so afraid when Jbot hired Ralph and not Rickard Gronborg, cause i know Rickard would be fkn furious of this situation, Richard has brought ZSC Lions to the nr1 position in that legue now, just to put some reality into it, it doesnt mean Sabres would be in the top position of NHL but it tells you something atleast. Nobody know what would have happend if Jbot would have hired Rickard instead of Ralph, but i know for a fact that he would have made this team care for eachother in a way that it really shows on and off the ice.

All i want is some pure vikingness to this team, american or swedish doesnt matter, i just want a man with a beard that can put this organisation and team back together as a TEAM.

The river im crying can take a whole lot of boats atm, tickets are up for sale - pm me for paypal

furious-gif-11.gif

Krueger is a schmuck...should've stuck with soccer.

What pisses me off most is not playing like a family, let alone a team.  Would you let your younger brother take a shot like Dahlin did without ANY response?????  Well, maybe I had a better big brother than most?

13 hours ago, Derrico said:

This is not a team I care to route for.  They’re soft, can’t score consistently and have Absolutely no heart.

I have too many other stressors in my life right now.  This was suppose to an outlet to distract me from some other issues I’m dealing with.  Long story short I think I’m going to take a break for a bit from this team which unfortunately includes our little corner of the internet.  Hopefully when the team becomes something to be proud of again I’ll return but now is looking like a nice time for a break.  For the most part I’ve enjoyed our discussions all.  Sure I’ll be back eventually.  Everyone in Sabrespace Fantasy Football, you’re still going down!!

I was just about to post the same thing. The lack of response to the Dahlin hit was my personal breaking point. I'll probably still check in a few times a week, though, to read the Bills thread and see what the very knowledgeable hockey people here think about any major Sabres news that comes up, like a firing or a big trade. But the bottom line is that I currently suffer from clinical depression, and following this franchise is not helping my condition at all. There is nothing even remotely fun or entertaining about Buffalo Sabres hockey anymore. I sincerely believe that this current collection of players will never win anything meaningful in the NHL. A team that can't stick up for a teammate will never succeed in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Marchand'sNose said:

I was just about to post the same thing. The lack of response to the Dahlin hit was my personal breaking point. I'll probably still check in a few times a week, though, to read the Bills thread and see what the very knowledgeable hockey people here think about any major Sabres news that comes up, like a firing or a big trade. But the bottom line is that I currently suffer from clinical depression, and following this franchise is not helping my condition at all. There is nothing even remotely fun or entertaining about Buffalo Sabres hockey anymore. I sincerely believe that this current collection of players will never win anything meaningful in the NHL. A team that can't stick up for a teammate will never succeed in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

I hate to agree with this but I do.

To defend Krueger on this I think he is in a lose lose situation. This team is filled with highly paid spoiled children and quitters. The culture sucks and there is no leadership. Ralph is new and knows full well he has absolutely no weight to throw around against our top names signed for long terms so if they don't lead, nobody does. A lot of coaches in the league have come to the modern realization they have no real power against their "stars." Even guys like Torts have acknowledged they had to mellow. In that struggle for power the coaches lose these days. So Ralph's philosophy is treat them like men, reward them, give them time off and they will return this positivity with effort on the ice. Nice idea, but it clearly doesn't work with this team. I see no unity, I see no extra effort, I see no change in culture, I see players taking shifts if not entire nights off, and now some of them might be starting to check out entirely. So ya, they're enjoying the Krueger approach, but it might just be letting them be lazier than ever. 

As Johnny Rotten famously said, "ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"

So i play beer league and dont usually start fights, but if guys cheap shot my teammates, especially my goalie.. I lose my mind... once pitchforked a guy who bumped my goalie turned him up and over and as he yapped at me skating away told if he wanted to really hurt bring it.  Nother guy cross checked me in the back, two handed his calves.  Guy dumped one of our best players immediately crossed checked him in the chest... Elbowed a guy in the kidneys after he slashed my goalie, he came after me and I dropped a shoulder into his chest, scattered him and his gear all over the ice... I could go on... deal is dont f with my teammates... Sabres need a guy with a short fuse.

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

bump.

pathetic effort, this ralph is such a useless coach it makes me wanna puke.

I think the problem is more a useless GM. His coaching hires have been poor and his personnel moves atrocious. He has assembled a soft wimpy team. Botteril is completely incompetent and must be fired now. Until that happens, there is no hope for the future.  

1 minute ago, freester said:

I think the problem is more a useless GM. His coaching hires have been poor and his personnel moves atrocious. He has assembled a soft wimpy team. Botteril is completely incompetent and must be fired now. Until that happens, there is no hope for the future.  

he is still a useless coach, never won anyhing and does not know how to. He believes in his fancy word way, that is what he got and all he got. He is absolut sh1t.

Just now, freester said:

3 years in and the only progress made is the play of #9.  Unacceptable.  This year we should see clear progress like over in McBeane world.  

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

3 years in and the only progress made is the play of #9.  Unacceptable.  This year we should see clear progress like over in McBeane world.  

Don’t say there’s been no progress.  ROR has progressed into a Conn Smythe winner.  Evander Kane has progressed to a top 6 power forward that scores 30 goals a year. Lehner has progressed into a very good goalie. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.